Hellboy II with Spoilers

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just got home from seeing it and I have one thing to say:

Where is my 1:6 Johann Krauss figure????

:tap

What did Johann Krauss mean when he showed them the gold rings and said I have a story to tell you about my humanity (not exact quote)... we never got any closure on that or did I miss something?

My "box office prediction" Thread got mereged into this thread, how stupid? I was hoping it would take off and be used everyweek for "predictions". How much money a movie makes is key in Hollywood. If Hellboy 2 makes less then 30mil, I imagine it would be hard to see a sequel, even though Del Toro has it in mind. And 'journey' could be a sleeper if enough kids seen the commercial. Anyway I was going to give a SSC prize for the closest person to the gross, but screw it. You win some and lose, no problem. I guess the weekly box office gross is something I'm only interested in. I was only trying to make a cool new thread. Thats fine. I guess I'll have to enjoy it by myself.

Agree, a box office thread about movies being release would be fun. It's not something that is movie specific.

The estimate for Friday is in... $13 million. So it will definitely do more than $30 million this weekend, likely in the $40-43 mil range. Not bad.

43 mil? You really think it will pick up 30 mill from sat and sun with a friday that only produced 13?

I saw this today. I thought it was good. Good but not great. But I would love to see a 1:6 Johan Kraus figure too. The lack of any 1:6 HB items from Sideshow has me worried though. Just 1:1s and 1:4s so far :(

At least their license mentions 12" figures. I think an HB and Johan would be the minimum to satisfy me, although I would love a new Abe and Prine Na.. New... Ner... whatever his name was.

What did Johann Krauss mean when he showed them the gold rings and said I have a story to tell you about my humanity (not exact quote)... we never got any closure on that or did I miss something?

They were his wedding rings. He mentioned right after that he lost the woman that he loved once and it lead to the embodiment that he was in currently. The story he is referencing is the story of how he became the way he was.

They were his wedding rings. He mentioned right after that he lost the woman that he loved once and it lead to the embodiment that he was in currently. The story he is referencing is the story of how he became the way he was.

Oh no, I got that. I thought we would learn something more about that. He went on to say I have more to tell you later. I can't remember exactly what it was. For Peep's sake, I am not as talented as some of you, who can quote an entire movie word for word after one viewing.

I saw it Friday night with my sister and we both loved it. I hope to see it again soon while wearing my BPRD shirt. I've been a long, long time Hellboy fan and I can't wait to see it again before I see The Dark Knight on Friday with my family on my sister's birthday.

well i just saw it and i well i dident like it all that much the acting was off to me some times and the middle was to long, ending was to short left it open and the part where they get drunk and sing wasnt funny to me. I did like all the charecters and special effects but over all just alright i probebly will never watch it again but if they do make another one which im sure they will ill see that but dont get mad at me im just saying on my part :emperor

GDT has said that if there is a Part 3, Johann will get a more prominent role like the way Abe got elevated from his supporitng role in Part 1. The wedding rings were a tease to get you wondering about him, so you didn't miss anything.

My "box office prediction" Thread got mereged into this thread, how stupid?

The non-spoiler thread was merged in here as well. I don't get that... Until people start using the spoiler tag, a non-spoiler thread is very appreciated.

Anyway, I loved HB2. Easily the best movie of the year so far for me. The story was good, I loved the humor, the action was fun, Abe had a much better role, and best of all: no Myers.

I guess we need to leave room for the next 20 Dark Knight threads. :lol

lol... so true. i'm going to see HB2 again tomorrow with my GF. she hasn't seen it and i saw it on friday with some buddies. i wasn't that thrilled with it, but maybe a repeat offense will change that.

43 mil? You really think it will pick up 30 mill from sat and sun with a friday that only produced 13?

HELLBOY doesn't really strike me as the front-loaded type.

We were both a little off. The weekend estimate has come it at $36 million.

Following the grosses on this movie is pointless. It's going to vanish off the face of the earth next weekend.

You guys act as if the rest of the world stops cold when TDK opens. :lol

The fact is, unless it's a complete phenomenon like TITANIC, a movie that opens up at $35 million has finite expectations for total gross (something like $70-100 million total, domestically) and another blockbuster opening up doesn't have as much impact on the smaller-grossing films.

HELLBOY is likely to drop 40-60% next weekend and then level out at 30-45% drops each week after that.... and that's going to happen with or without TDK.

TDK will open huge, no doubt. But some people WILL still be seeing other movies, you know. :lol

I don't think TDK is going to be Titanic, but it is going to be huge, and if people weren't exactly dying to see Hellboy 2 this weekend, I'm not sure what would make them rush out in the wake of TDK to see it. I guess time will tell though. Personally I'd like to see a Hellboy 3 as I wasn't thrilled with The Golden Army and would love Del Toro redeem these characters for me.

It's not pointless at all if you have any desire to see a third.

Unless it grosses an assload of money between now and TDK's opening, I wouldn't hold out much hope.

According to both creators if a third film doesn't happen we'll at least get some questions answered:

Q: Will there be a third installment?

A: Guillermo Del Toro and Mike Mignola have both been stated saying that they would love to complete the Hellboy trilogy with a third film. However, if Hellboy 2 does not suceed in the theaters, they will make sure the Two-Disk Special Edition will indeed have a proper and suitable ending to relieve any questions of a third film

Also both GDT and Mignola said once Perlman decides not to do Hellboy, they will not recast and kill the line there but Perlman said himself in a recent interview with Wizard magazine that he would never get tired of playing Hellboy. He just requested a couple of years in between films to recuperate because the role is physically draining so even if the film is a success they wouldn't start filming a third until 2010.

I read a recent interview with GDT where he stated, bluntly, that a HELLBOY III would be the last one and that he wouldn't even want prequels, sequels or anything else to be done after that.

Personally, I think a B.P.R.D. television show (sans Hellboy, of course) could be pretty cool.

Personally I'd like to see a Hellboy 3 as I wasn't thrilled with The Golden Army and would love Del Toro redeem these characters for me.

Rumors are that if Del Toro gets his way he wants to incorporate the old Universal Studios monsters (Dracula, Frankenstein, Wolfman, etc) as if they came to life and the BPRD had to fight them....if that occurs it may seem more campy then anything else especially considering how many already established HB stories there already are.

Mignola has said that he wants to introduce more characters into the franchise though.

Back