Hellboy II with Spoilers

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There's nothing wrong with following HB2's box office, even after everyone rushes back to this board after Dark Knight opens to make sure they have the right opinion about it.

:lol Ain't that the truth. If anything, it'll be a good popcorn flick. :rotfl

Don't get me wrong, I love some Batman. But the comparisons are getting old and it's not even out yet. There have to be people keeping "pwned" on their clipboard just so they can paste it next to every other movie this summer.
Hellboy won't make as much money, but at least I can enjoy it for what it is and not what I declare it better than.
I hope people can do that with Batman come Friday.

That is a reason that makes more sense. The sequence did seem very low budget...even for CGI.

It does make sense, but at the same time I really enjoyed seeing a childlike view of a massive battle. It was suprising to see, but to me pretty cool. And I hadn't tied it into Howdy Dowdy (while I was watching) which in retrospect makes it even more fun.

I just got back from seeing it and loved it. Hellboy is my favorite comic character and the B.P.R.D. is a great group of characters. :rock

"I'm not a baby, I'm a tumor." :lol

Finally got to see it today. What a great movie. I loved it. Great CGi effects and Ron Pearlman did an excellent job. Couldn't have asked for more! Will definitely see it again tomorrow.:rock

going to see it this week-end with the Dark Knight too.

I'm going to catch it a 3rd time. Of the dozen or so creatures I still haven't seen the Limb Vendor, nor the Cat Vendor.

In the book Art of HB 2 a sequence was eliminated (budget restrictions again) after the end credits. It was to feature a new character named Zinco along side a mutilated Rasputin. In the scene, our favorite freak is revived...Kroenen! I hope this flick makes enough cash to get the 3rd green lit.

It seems like opinions are somewhat split, not unlike Crystal Skull. I for one liked this way better than Crystal Skull, although I liked that quite a bit as well. I do agree that some of humor seemed a little bit awkward, but overall I just loved it. The art direction and overall mythology that they created really blew me away.

Actually with TDK selling out in Imax, it could sell out the regular theatres too and Hellboy could get some overflow business.

Once a movie opens then I don't really see the need of a seperate Spoiler thread, especially with the new spoiler tags. Just trying to do a little house cleaning.

Make sure its AFTER the 18th...I dont want another IMDB incident.

(someone decided to say SO AND SO DIES!!!!!! in big bold letters, in the middle of some thread. That sucked. Now I know things....I shouldnt know. )

With TDK Dave, you'll have to do some serious clean up. The SPOILERS thread is completely loose and firing.

Don't get me wrong, I love some Batman. But the comparisons are getting old and it's not even out yet. There have to be people keeping "pwned" on their clipboard just so they can paste it next to every other movie this summer.
Hellboy won't make as much money, but at least I can enjoy it for what it is and not what I declare it better than.
I hope people can do that with Batman come Friday.

That is why a seperate Box Office thread is needed. Someones opinon on a film they hate or love has NOTHING to do with how well or bad it will perform to the masses for Box Office.

Speed Racer is vastly more popular and well known than Hellboy, and also got good reviews of people that saw it. But the movie failed horribly at the Box Office while unfunny trash like Baby Mama made some change.

That is why a seperate Box Office thread is needed.

I totally agree. While box office is an important part of the industry, it has nothing to do with the quality of the films. A seperate thread would be great and eliminate a lot of :banghead .
Has there ever been a general box office thread? I feel like I've seen one before, but I may be thinking of another board.

So how good is the new guy at Abe?

Ive read through these Spoilers and it seems DHP was not Abe?....Oh, I loved Abe, and DHP's voice was perfect imo, I remember the first time I watched HB and heard 'turn the pages please?' for the first time.Ah, good times,I have such a sad life :lol

Bring on the DVD :rock
x :D

So how good is the new guy at Abe?

Ive read through these Spoilers and it seems DHP was not Abe?....Oh, I loved Abe, and DHP's voice was perfect imo, I remember the first time I watched HB and heard 'turn the pages please?' for the first time.Ah, good times,I have such a sad life :lol

Bring on the DVD :rock

Personally I think Doug Jones is great as Abe. Short story is that Doug Jones auditioned for the speaking role but DHP was the studio's choice. Afterwards DHP felt that Doug Jones deserved the part since he performed the character. Because of that, he refused to take credit for the role and refused to do the sequel. So now DJ is the body and voice of Abe Sapien. They actually have similar voices, so it's not a "night and day" type change.

Personally I think Doug Jones is great as Abe. Short story is that Doug Jones auditioned for the speaking role but DHP was the studio's choice. Afterwards DHP felt that Doug Jones deserved the part since he performed the character. Because of that, he refused to take credit for the role and refused to do the sequel. So now DJ is the body and voice of Abe Sapien. They actually have similar voices, so it's not a "night and day" type change.

Cool, thanks for the info YoNoSe, I didnt know that. :rock

Back