HBO's House of the Dragon

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

S01E09 - "The Green Council"

Now THAT was an episode worthy of "Game of Thrones" !!!!!!!!!!! :horror :eek: :banana :banana :banana

image.png

Last edited:
This was a good one, although I'm really tired of
Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:

The king deserves an Emmy he is freaking amazing.

But enough of the damn time jumps.
That's it now after episode 8, there won't be another time jump in the entirity of the show. The next two seasons will take place over 2-3 years in-universe time. The actors we have now, including the kids, are the ones we'll have going forward.

It's interesting that the network wanted to start the show at episode 8 to avoid the time jumps, but that would've been a huge mistake imo. There would've been so much character development and story missed. For example Viserys wouldn't have been in the show at all but for a scene or two. Sure the time jumps are a little jarring at times but that's the nature of the book, and to be quite honest nothing really happens in those in-between periods, just a bunch of child birth. I think when people re-watch the show or binge-watch it then the time jumps will be far less jarring.

Again - When you get a chance to kill all your enemies, don't hesitate. Do them all. Them, their parents, their uncles, their siblings, their kids, their advisors, all of them.

There were all in one spot. How many chances are you going to get like that again?

Fantastic episode. But wow they're really setting up Team Green to be the most dispicable villains ever. Hard to root for anyone on that side, even if you can somewhat sympathize with Alicent as you can tell she realizes just how much of a line she's crossed and how bad things are about to get.

Again - When you get a chance to kill all your enemies, don't hesitate. Do them all. Them, their parents, their uncles, their siblings, their kids, their advisors, all of them.

There were all in one spot. How many chances are you going to get like that again?

Note to self - do NOT tick off GG . . . EVER :)

I'm not trying to call you out specifically but it drives me absolutely nuts how many people are saying this. Yes, in real life, that's what you'd do. But if it played out like that in the show, that's it - show and story are over. Sometimes it seems like people don't realize these are just stories and you're allowed to have cool things happen and still have the plot go forward.

Personally, I'm hoping they run with Rhaenys stating she let them live because she's not a Kingslayer and that wasn't her decision to make. I believe he never admitted the reason that he killed Aerys to anyone but Brienne, but it's clear the title of Kingslayer did weigh on Jamie a bit as the story went on. Easily explained decision to let everyone win is Rhaenys says she looked into the eyes of another mother and decided she wouldn't be a Kingslayer.

Either way, it was a really cool moment. Great episode overall. The race between Alicent and Otto to find Aegon, which was really the race for Rhaenyra's fate, was cool. Definitely a few weak story moments but also a lot of great ones. Really looking forward to more of Ser Harrold.

So is next week the finale?
Season finale, yes. I don't believe production has started on season 2 yet, it only got greenlit after the premier of the show in August, so it might be a bit of a wait for more. Frustrating, but hopefully they see the demand for this show is there and do it right moving forward.

Season finale, yes. I don't believe production has started on season 2 yet, it only got greenlit after the premier of the show in August, so it might be a bit of a wait for more. Frustrating, but hopefully they see the demand for this show is there and do it right moving forward.
I suppose I'll finally watch it when all the episodes are out for this season, I've heard good things. At least this store has an ending that's already written.

I suppose I'll finally watch it when all the episodes are out for this season, I've heard good things. At least this store has an ending that's already written.
It's had some ups and downs, but overall the show has been very good and entirely worth the watch. The cast and sets are top notch, definitely as good as GOT.

Back