HBO's Game of Thrones

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Damn! Great end i so hope the other dragon's get released before the Finale i kno they are fictional but bugs me them being locked up. I know they are gonna leave us hanging horribly on Finale unless its a 2 hour episode. More then pleased with tonight's ep. but so hungry for more....

Very suprised on Stannis cant believe he's so brainwashed by the evil red witch and her evil god. I hope they make it to the damn castle , Stannis has to he used his last card in the fight and better pray his sacrifice wasnt for nothing. Its Still totally messed up desperation and i'd be afraid to be in Stannis army all heads can roll no matter who u are.

this episode made me a little sick to my stomach. Way too much violence against little girls........just really disturbing
Yeah, same here. This episode was about 100 times worse than the Sansa scene from earlier in the season that some feminists were getting up in arms about or whatever. Just brutal. The scene with Stannis's daughter may have been the hardest scene I've watched yet from this show.

On another note, the scene at the end was amazing. Not just because of the dragon, either. It had my heart rate up and my palms sweaty with anxiety. Similar to my feeling toward the end of regulation tonight in the Warriors/Cavs game :lol

Very suprised on Stannis cant believe he's so brainwashed by the evil red witch and her evil god. I hope they make it to the damn castle , Stannis has to he used his last card in the fight and better pray his sacrifice wasnt for nothing. Its Still totally messed up desperation and i'd be afraid to be in Stannis army all heads can roll no matter who u are.
I don't know if it's so much that he's brainwashed. Several of his decisions leading to this point weren't driven by Melissandre or religion so much as his concerns over taking Winterfel before the long winter had really set in, and his inflexibility. Once he makes a decision, he sticks to it despite any argument to the contrary, and so once he had committed to taking on the Boltons, that was it, and he's now willing to do anything to finish the job. But yeah, I was beginning to really like the bastard earlier in the season. No more. I hope he dies in a very painful way, even if Ramsay is the one responsible :lol

Stannis is totally messed and can already see where this will lead us in the story. He is driven to the last of the fight and just wonder what his hand will do once he finds out about the princess. Anyone sense a fight here? 4 sure. If this last next episode is anything like last finale we our in for a treat all castles in total fights and we will be drooling for more i so hope dont leave us hanging too badly next sunday. My head is going a mile minute with all the fights going on next week is going to be Amazing.... Lets not break the wheel next week, but burn it to a cinder.

On another note, the scene at the end was amazing. Not just because of the dragon, either. It had my heart rate up and my palms sweaty with anxiety.

Very much so. . . it's much more suspenseful now because we're well past where the books are now, so it's all up in the air. Seeing them all getting cornered, I was jumping up and down for a dragon to show up.

Kind of interesting, the Shireen thing didn't bother me all that much, apart from it just generally being an awful thing to do. But this show is full of things like that. I don't have any kids, so. . . . :dunno. Really though, from the very first time Shireen showed up, it seemed like she was introduced at the same time the concept of "king's blood being the key". So if characters like Dany, Tyrion and Jon have plot armor, Shireen has the exact opposite of that. She was dead from the minute she showed up.

Yeah, I was surprised how quickly they caught up to the books. I thought they'd stretch those last two books out a few seasons, but instead they really just condensed things. There are only one or two story lines they haven't caught up with yet, but those might get caught up by next week. Between getting caught up and changing a few things, this season has been really exciting for a book reader because of the unfamiliar territory we are in with the rest of the viewers. Next week ought to be really good now!

Fantastic episode tonight! Stannis proved, beyond a reasonable doubt, why he isn't cut out to be king... what a wretched character. And that ending in the fighting pits was all sorts of awesome.

what a baller episode this one was.......i can't imagine the season finale being topped after these two episodes

I don't know why I've never discussed this show on here before, considering the fact that I watch it religiously. Hardhome was a fantastic episode and it set a very high bar, but The Dance of Dragons. This season has been filled with some amazing spectacles. First the White Walkers, now Drogon; it really does seem like we're starting to witness the blossoming of those seeds planted so long ago. What an amazing episode, what a horrible episode; it's just a whirlwind of emotions.

I find that scene with Shireen was simultaneously both more horrifying and more poignant because it's so reflective of our own world. The power of belief and the danger of fanaticism; it was heartbreaking. You look at his interaction with her earlier in the season, and it's difficult to say that he didn't love her, but it shows just how weak he actually is. The "sacrifice" was his last ditch attempt to continue his campaign. His men are starving, freezing, and they're facing a difficult battle, if they even make it to Winterfell, and there's a good chance that this would be the moment where he resigns himself to the fact that he was never meant for the Iron Throne.

...and then there's Dany. I feel like the episode worked on so many levels because of the duality of the two campaigns. Both Daenerys and Stannis are vying for the same goal, but one is willing to do the unthinkable and the other is not, and, ultimately, it shows you who the more capable leader is. If we're rationalizing things, one could argue that Stannis was simply allowing the wellbeing of his followers to outweigh his own, but you have to ask yourself, "at what cost," and "is a man capable of sacrificing an innocent child, let alone his own daughter, someone who should be king?" While, on the other hand, you have Daenerys.

It really is beautiful, because you see both sides to that aforementioned "power of belief." She betrayed her own beliefs by allowing the fights to continue, in order to appeal to the sensibilities of the Sons of the Harpy, and, when that failed, she was willing to pay for that mistake. To accept that, perhaps, her destiny wasn't to be Queen, but, rather, to die having never even set foot in the Kingdom she was meant to rule. I think that these past couple episodes have really showed us who, out of the many, many, many, many, many horrible, despicable people of Westeros are actually worth rooting for. Now, let's just hope that they don't die in horrible ways before the series ends.

I don't know why I've never discussed this show on here before, considering the fact that I watch it religiously. Hardhome was a fantastic episode and it set a very high bar, but The Dance of Dragons. This season has been filled with some amazing spectacles. First the White Walkers, now Drogon; it really does seem like we're starting to witness the blossoming of those seeds planted so long ago. What an amazing episode, what a horrible episode; it's just a whirlwind of emotions.

I find that scene with Shireen was simultaneously both more horrifying and more poignant because it's so reflective of our own world. The power of belief and the danger of fanaticism; it was heartbreaking. You look at his interaction with her earlier in the season, and it's difficult to say that he didn't love her, but it shows just how weak he actually is. The "sacrifice" was his last ditch attempt to continue his campaign. His men are starving, freezing, and they're facing a difficult battle, if they even make it to Winterfell, and there's a good chance that this would be the moment where he resigns himself to the fact that he was never meant for the Iron Throne.

...and then there's Dany. I feel like the episode worked on so many levels because of the duality of the two campaigns. Both Daenerys and Stannis are vying for the same goal, but one is willing to do the unthinkable and the other is not, and, ultimately, it shows you who the more capable leader is. If we're rationalizing things, one could argue that Stannis was simply allowing the wellbeing of his followers to outweigh his own, but you have to ask yourself, "at what cost," and "is a man capable of sacrificing an innocent child, let alone his own daughter, someone who should be king?" While, on the other hand, you have Daenerys.

It really is beautiful, because you see both sides to that aforementioned "power of belief." She betrayed her own beliefs by allowing the fights to continue, in order to appeal to the sensibilities of the Sons of the Harpy, and, when that failed, she was willing to pay for that mistake. To accept that, perhaps, her destiny wasn't to be Queen, but, rather, to die having never even set foot in the Kingdom she was meant to rule. I think that these past couple episodes have really showed us who, out of the many, many, many, many, many horrible, despicable people of Westeros are actually worth rooting for. Now, let's just hope that they don't die in horrible ways before the series ends.

Could not agree more or said it more eloquently. This story has never been an easy one but that's what makes it so damn engaging and remarkable. I've told a lot of friends that this show holds a mirror up to our world and let's us see who we really are--the good, the evil, the inbetween. Its not your cliched fantasy epic at all. Its a nuanced but brutal yet utterly gripping deconstruction of what makes the human race tick. Those who call it callous or exploitive are really missing the point. What GoT reveals, is us.

Tolkein's Lord of the Rings showed us how things should be. GoT shows us how things really are.

Above all else, the last two episodes thoroughly and eloquently showed us why its called a Song of Ice and Fire.

well said you guys with the last posts....I have 2 daughters and I just felt crushed after stannis gave in. I kept wanting him to just step in front and stop the whole thing...even hoping his men would make some protest.....gotta say I didn't expect the mother to show regret and anguish....I think in regards to danny, seeing the slaves wearing the masks may have been the biggest betrayal....wished drogo could have killed more before having to fly off.

I don't think they've ever crammed in heart wrenching and complete awe in one episode like that before. For me the Shireen sequence was the most heart wrenching thing they've ever done on this show. Especially being a father. I have a little girl. Man, that was brutal. And of course the end with Drogon. We finally see Dany doing the Targaryen thing. Lots of great stuff in this episode.

Back