HBO's Game of Thrones

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Surely we're going to see Arya murder someone important wearing someone else's face, right? Otherwise I don't see why she bothered with all that unless it was a one-and-done with Frey.

I was thinking when she got buried that somehow they dig her out... but at this point, who cares.

How did this show line up with that German leak? Is it still on target?

Clearly now the statues in the teaser look like the biggest give away -- I do believe no matter how Dani is "removed" (meaning dies) that it will be Sansa who takes the throne.

If Sansa's use of Tyrion is true, and she knew all this would happen if she simply broke a little promise, then she is on her way to becoming just as manipulative and devious as Cersei (if there ever was a Season 9).

Nope. The Hound's 'words of wisdom' -- which he's already said like 4 times previously in seasons -- somehow worked their magic on Arya and now she loves life and has become a completely different character.

If that turns out to be the case...

WaEhl.gif

Arya killed the Night King... and then left her one and only true friend behind (Hound) to die alone while she ran around in terror.

Nope, I think she might run back to the blacksmith. Maybe being a Lady looks like a good bonus right now.

(joking... or am I?)

Agree with the comments.

Also just logistically it makes NO SENSE - after taking out the ballista, why did Daenerys go street after street burning up all those civilians, when she was really pissed at cersei and her goons.

She has a freaking dragon that can fly, why not just fly directly to the red keep and burn it down instead of meticulously going block by block burning the outer neighborhoods and killing civilians first, especially if she was full of rage.

I can at least understand if Cersei embedded ballista or other threats to the dragon with the civilians on those streets, that Daenerys decided to burn the civilians in a fit of rage in order to neutralize the threats to her dragon. But there was nothing after the ballista were destroyed, she can fly directly to the redkeep / Cersei unchallenged. So why the f did she waste 50 min of this episode going street to street burning kids and civilians. She is not Ramsay, she is not sadistic, none of this make any sense.

Here's what I predicted was going to happen (5-5-19 Post#8514). Would this have been so hard to do...?

Jaime + Cersei: Yep, not Jaime's baby. And when he finds out, look out Cersei because Jaime is going to carry her right out a window. I mean, Jaime has to die killing her. The entire series started with him pushing Bran -- so now he takes Cersei with him. He couldn't have done it if she was carrying his child. And ironically, Cersei might even have the upper hand on Jaime but her own fatal flaw is her inability to kill her family.

Hound + Mountain: They fight. Duh. But the surprise is Hound loses... but right before the death blow, Arya kills Ser Gregor. I think the Hound will see this before he dies. And this time, Arya won't rob him and walk away. She will sit with him, nicely, while he passes on.

Jon + Dani: Dani's pregnant, their child will one day be the rightful heir, but for now Dani needs to learn humility. And she will. During the war, she sees the great man that Jon is and finally realizes he should be on the throne. She may even bend the knee to him privately. But Jon isn't meant to live, and now that Dani carries his child -- the future -- he will be killed. He must die. Again. But seeing the error of her ways, Dani will assume the throne** in his name, and give a wonderful speech about how she hopes to be as good a ruler as he. Her humility will be the last act of her sitting on the throne.

**I amended this to Sansa being given the thrown because I started thinking about the three statues in the teaser last year: one for Jon (uniting the realm), one for Arya (killing the Night King) and one for Sansa (?)

Spoilers for final episode... needless to say, not a fan of this season and ending:

(these are pretty much confirmed 100% so don't read unless you want to be spoiled)

Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoilers for final episode... needless to say, not a fan of this season and ending:

(these are pretty much confirmed 100% so don't read unless you want to be spoiled)

Spoiler Spoiler:

What a load of bollocks.

From Vanity Fair:

There’s still a lot of filming and post-production work to be done, but Clarke has already shot her character’s final on-screen moments. “It ——ed me up,” she says. “Knowing that is going to be a lasting flavor in someone’s mouth of what Daenerys is . . .”

Also, a great thread on why the show has felt so different since diverging from the book material:

https://imgur.com/gallery/c5KEQkx?s=sms

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

All I keep hearing on the radio is merchandise tie-ins for GoT. Today's was White Walker whiskey.

I know this is their last chance to cash in on GoT... but maybe they should have spent a little less time worrying about merchandise and a little more on story.

I don't think this season will end well for the show's writers in the long run.

'memba LOST?

I think GRRM always intended for Daenerys to become the villian and perhaps in the books there will be a lot more of her inner thoughts that will explain how she ends up down that path.

As for the show they left it too late and Dany needed to do a lot more evil things for her to be shown in that light.

Also not the best idea to turn one of your most popular characters into the villain in the 11th hour of the series. They didn't need to make a happy ever after ending, but after all the horrors these characters had faced over 8 seasons, something better than this was deserved.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Wow. The comments about this episode aren't harsh enough. What an extremely rubbish way to end the show. So much wrong with it that I cant be bothered to list my thoughts. What a shame but I can't say that I'm surprised.

So you’d rather writers crap on development and an entire story cause they are professional writers? You know how many professionals ****ed up great sagas?

Weird flex but ok

The Dude said it best...yeah, well you know, that's just like YOUR opinion man.

Back