HBO's Game of Thrones

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Jamie had nothing to do with the Red Wedding. He was not aware of it. There are two ways to interpret the "regards" comment. I see it as Jamie sending a message to Robb that he is now free and no longer his prisoner and a "nyah, nyah". Book readers see it as a 'nyah nyah' to Roose because he's loyal to Robb, the usurper, and Jamie telling Roose to send his regards, is like Jamie saying "Go tell your boss that I'm free", a dig that Roose is an underling. At that point, when Jamie and Roose speak, the Boltons are still loyal to the Starks. Jamie had no idea what was being plotted.

Tywin, at most, sanctioned it. I like to think Roose floated the idea of a way to kill Robb and Tywin of course is all for it. The Lannisters as a family, had little to do with the Red Wedding, Remember in the episode following the Red Wedding, there's a small council meeting, discussing it, and Joffrey is excited to hear the news. There is no implication that they expected it to happen.

At most, Arya's list, is people who she has witnessed do her or her friends and family harm. Jamie hasn't harmed anyone she knows, that she knows of, Bran being the exception.

In any case, the fact remains, Jamie is not on Arya's list. She wouldn't kill him, unless Bran shows up and says, "Jamie pushed me out of the window"
While Jaime didn't know about it, Tywin's talk with Tyrion afterward made it clear that this was as much Tywin's decision as anyone else. Plus, the Rains of Castamere was a song about the Lannisters, Roose's last words to Rob was about the Lannisters, we know the Lannisters were allied with and plotted alongside the Frey's, etc. The whole event was made to remind the North what happens when you cross the Lannisters, so not a huge leap to connect Jaime-Robb's former prisoner-to the whole thing. Of course Joffrey didn't know. He was largely kept out of the loop.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Best episode of the season, and perhaps of the entire series. Extremely well directed, acted, and scored. Too many high points to list and most have already been covered. Love how everything has all started coming together. Cersei is beautifully diabolical, tragic, ambitious, cold and brutal all at the same time. The shot of the High Sparrow disintegrating in green wildfire was priceless. I thought for a moment they were going to drag out the reveal of Jon's parentage when Lyanna was whispering to Ned and I was like, "seriously?" I hate the trailer park Freys so loved master assassin Arya's revenge. And finally, Dany "is in the great game now". I thought she was going to be stuck in Meereen forever. That last shot with the massive fleet and the dragons was the money.

I was watching the "Inside the Episode" feature afterwards. It was so cool to look at the flashbacks and see how far some of these characters have come, especially when you look at the season 1 episodes. The casting of the kids in this show has been outstanding, because as a producer you really take a chance on hiring an 11- or 12-year-old and not know how they are going to change over 5-7 years. While Bran, Sansa and especially Joffrey were excellent picks, whoever cast Maisie Williams as Arya should get the gold star award.

I'm guessing they'll wrap up the game for the iron throne next season, and then the final season will be the war of living vs. dead. I just hope they can maintain this level of storytelling. If so, GoT will go down as one of the best series in the history of TV.

Just finished watching it earlier. Wow, what an episode.

Cersei did what Jamie broke his vow to stop. That can't be good. But it was worth it. :)

Tommen. :lol

So Jon isn't Neds after all but is still a Stark....or a Baratheon?

This was probably the best season of GoT yet. It's awesome, that finally, the good guys are having their day :lol. I was even happy when Cersei took out the High Sparrow.

So did Arya kill a servant girl in cold blood to get a mask or did she swipe a few before leaving Bravos?

Here's something to think about: what if it's not Arya who returned? It's not like her to kill a bunch of men, chop them up, and literally serve them on a platter.

There's always the possibility that the Waif killed her in Bravos and took her face along with her identity.

Here's something to think about: what if it's not Arya who returned? It's not like her to kill a bunch of men, chop them up, and literally serve them on a platter.

There's always the possibility that the Waif killed her in Bravos and took her face along with her identity.

Doubtful as why would the Waif want to leave the house of black and white and Jakken. Jakken/Waif and many faced god have no interest in redemption of the Stark's with killing the Frays.

Plus as YoNoSe says, Arya stuck her face in the hall so she's for sure gone.

I watched the opening sequence of the finale again last night. The score (composed specifically for this sequence) was exceptional. It really is haunting with the piano and cello notes, and is a perfect compliment.

Some were wondering who would take on the "villain we love to hate" role after Ramsey Bolton was offed. Well, until the White Walkers and the Night King cross the Wall and into the Seven Kingdoms, it has to be Cersei. She no longer has the excuse that everything she does is to protect her family and children. Her father, Tywin, is dead. Joffrey is dead. Mycella is dead. Tommen is dead. The only one she has left is Jaime, who did not seem to care for her machinations. She was worried that the younger, more beautiful queen prophesied to overthrow her was Margaery. Unfortunately, she doesn't know it is Dany who will most likely overthrow her.

Arya hung the Waif's face in the House of B&W.

Doubtful as why would the Waif want to leave the house of black and white and Jakken. Jakken/Waif and many faced god have no interest in redemption of the Stark's with killing the Frays.

Plus as YoNoSe says, Arya stuck her face in the hall so she's for sure gone.

It actually might not be the Waif's face, because we never had a clear view of it. Jaqen's motivations are still a mystery, and I think if the assassins could have someone in disguise as Arya Stark (or have everyone convinced it's her), it would serve to their advantage. I was surprised to see this was actually making rounds on the Internet...

But, the biggest issue for me, was when Arya entered and left the House of Black and White and her injuries weren't debilitating her in any way. Whereas in the prior scenes, she was weak and was writhing from the stab wounds to her abdomen. It also doesn't make sense why she would go through the trouble of casually returning to Jaqen when she was trying hard, for days, to escape the assassins.

Some were wondering who would take on the "villain we love to hate" role after Ramsey Bolton was offed.
Well she's been a bit of a ***** since episode 1. And the audience has developed a pretty good understanding of her at this point. I don't know if folks will start really despising her. But I guess it will depend on what she does. And if this show does nothing else, it finds ways to shock the audience. Maybe if she brutally tortures and kills Brienne we'll all start really hating her guts.

It actually might not be the Waif's face, because we never had a clear view of it. Jaqen's motivations are still a mystery, and I think if the assassins could have someone in disguise as Arya Stark (or have everyone convinced it's her), it would serve to their advantage. I was surprised to see this was actually making rounds on the Internet...

But, the biggest issue for me, was when Arya entered and left the House of Black and White and her injuries weren't debilitating her in any way. Whereas in the prior scenes, she was weak and was writhing from the stab wounds to her abdomen. It also doesn't make sense why she would go through the trouble of casually returning to Jaqen when she was trying hard, for days, to escape the assassins.

It was clear to me that it was the waif's face.

There's been no hint that Jakken's group has any agenda other than being assassins who honor their god. And even if they were to introduce a new angle I don't know how it would benefit ghem to have a girl disguised as Arya, disguising herself as other girls, killing the people Arya wants to be killed. :dunno

I also thought it was clear why she went to Jakken - to show him what she would do to any future pursuers. If she was the waif working for Jakken then that whole scene is a play they are putiing on for the tv audience.

It's possible that this is the most elaborate assassination ruse of all time, where Arya--a character most everyone in the known world thinks is dead--is killed, and replaced by an imposter assassin, who then goes on to fulfill Arya's (almost totally unknown) goal of murdering all who wronged her or her family, all for the purpose of eventually getting close to, and assassinating Jon or Sansa or Bran. We could get a Usual Suspects type reveal scene at the end of the show. Though, the fact that her mission is probably only known to the Hound at this point makes that REALLY unlikely. Because what could possibly be another reason why someone would not only masquerade as Arya, but do all the murdering that Arya wanted done?

Also, why bother training Arya if they're just looking to impersonate her? Why go through the test missions, blinding, etc. Just take her face. :dunno

And who's bloody face was up on the wall, and why?

A little of topic here, but has anybody bought the Game of Thrones Trading cards by Riddenhouse? Are those available at Target/Walmart and places like that? I just discovered them, damn are they cool.

It's possible that this is the most elaborate assassination ruse of all time, where Arya--a character most everyone in the known world thinks is dead--is killed, and replaced by an imposter assassin, who then goes on to fulfill Arya's (almost totally unknown) goal of murdering all who wronged her or her family, all for the purpose of eventually getting close to, and assassinating Jon or Sansa or Bran. We could get a Usual Suspects type reveal scene at the end of the show. Though, the fact that her mission is probably only known to the Hound at this point makes that REALLY unlikely. Because what could possibly be another reason why someone would not only masquerade as Arya, but do all the murdering that Arya wanted done?

why would the assassins guild care about assassinating Sansa, Bran or Jon? I would think they don't care one iota! Besides Bran is the 3 eyed raven now and I'm sure could cope with an impostor assassin. Interesting theory but with as many ups and downs in the past, and with a finite number of episodes remaining, I think that would be a curveball/plot arc which would require a hell of a lot more buildup/exposition and resolution. Another question would be why the assassins guild would benefit from offing ALL of the starks and now the king of the north, who will probably end up saving the assassins asses when the night king comes.

Back