HBO's Game of Thrones

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The characters we didn't see in the premiere:

Stannis, Melisandre and Davos
Roose Bolton
Walder Frey
Theon & evil Samwise (credit to a-dev)
Yara
Sam Tarly
Bran & Hodor
Rickon & Osha
Beric Dondarrion and the Brotherhood without Banners
Varys
Petyr Baelish

Probably forgetting some. :lol

We did actually see Sam briefly talking to Jon Snow.

I was really looking forward to find out what's going on with Theon and Ramsey Snow, I can't wait to see how that plays out.

Surprised no one has mentioned the dragons yet. I've said in another thread that Smaug was the best dragon I've ever seen on screen, but Dany's three dragons looked fantastic as well.
I really liked Smaug's design but something about it feels too snake-like for me. Reminds me a bit of the Basilisk from Harry Potter. I think it's because his neck is so long and thin, and there's no real distinction between his neck and head.

I never thought I'd say this for a TV show, but I think Daenerys' dragons are more detailed and unique than Smaug's design. Inb4 Josh bans me

Personally though I'll always prefer the traditional four-legged dragons. I get that the wyvern design makes them seem more "realistic" because they can be compared to other creatures with two legs and two wings (birds, bats), but when I think dragon, I think four legs + two wings.

Draco from Dragonheart is my ideal dragon design.

Very interested to see what Daenerys will do about her dragons now that they're growing up and being more disobedient.

That actor who plays Ser Dontos was in the show a couple seasons ago; playing as said character.
Yeah I remember him, but we've only seen him in one episode prior to this one if I recall.

We did actually see Sam briefly talking to Jon Snow.
:slap Totally forgot.

Just watched it. Even when nothing major happens the visual splendour is great to behold. They really do stellar work on this, better than most movies.

yeah the production value is top notch for this series.

And CGI is often where TV falls down, just remember Terra Nova with its pretty awful dinosaurs that looked no better than the demo-footage they showed Spielberg in 1991 to persuade him that CG dinosaurs could be done.

The dragons in this though are easily on a par with anything in the highest of budget blockbuster.

HBO just announced Game of Thrones has been renewed for Seasons Five and Six.
That's great news. This is possibly the only series I've ever watched where I'm not worried about the quality declining over time. However many seasons they need to tell this story, I'm confident that they'll all be excellent.

Back