Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows - SPOILER DISCUSSION

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What was inside the snitch? It was the stone from Malvolo's ring that was also a horcrux as well as the death stone Hallow. That's how Harry summoned the spirits of his parents, Lupin and Sirius to give him strength to go his death against Voldie.

I don't think things had to actually be INSIDE the hat. I think the hat was similar to the room of requirement, that you could pull out what you needed from it. Gryffindor was a very powerful wizard so I'm sure he placed some powerful enchantments on his stuff.

What was inside the snitch? It was the stone from Malvolo's ring that was also a horcrux as well as the death stone Hallow. That's how Harry summoned the spirits of his parents, Lupin and Sirius to give him strength to go his death against Voldie.

Right, trying to absorb so much information that I forgot something that was told in the book. Got any guess on what the thing curled up on the ground in "kings cross" was? I think it was voldemort. I think that when he "killed" harry, they were both dead for an instant and then when Harry decided he wanted to live, they both were alive. I think that when Harry woke up after being hit with the killing curse, voldemort was on the ground was he? since he barely had a soul left, that's what he was in the afterlife.

Remember in chamber of secrets when Harry first gets the sorting hat it's empty, but after he expresses extreme loyalty to Dumbledore he's able to pull out the sword. Neville has just done the same, so he's able to pull out the sword.

I'm sure the thing in King's Cross is what's left of Voldemort's soul. The description of it is similar to how Voldie is described at the beginning of Goblet of Fire. If King's Cross is a way station to the afterlife and it's actually Harry's and Dumbledore's souls that are conversing, then it makes sense that the mewling thing is Tom.

i remembered the scene in chamber, it was just odd that griphook wanting the sword seemed such an impediment & then suddenly it isn't -- i mean, what is the point of "owning" a sword that can't be owned -- and why go to the trouble of hiding the sword if it would appear in need anyway? just curious.

George Lucas, J.R.R. Tolkien and J.K. Rowling... in a race to see who has created the dorkiest names in the history of the universe.

:lol

Remember in chamber of secrets when Harry first gets the sorting hat it's empty, but after he expresses extreme loyalty to Dumbledore he's able to pull out the sword. Neville has just done the same, so he's able to pull out the sword.

I'm sure the thing in King's Cross is what's left of Voldemort's soul. The description of it is similar to how Voldie is described at the beginning of Goblet of Fire. If King's Cross is a way station to the afterlife and it's actually Harry's and Dumbledore's souls that are conversing, then it makes sense that the mewling thing is Tom.

Yea, I agree with both your points. SO glad that Neville finially came into his own and became a true Gryffindor. Would have liked to see him finish off Bellatrix, but that was okay.

And I liked how Dumbledore just simply put "You can not help" when Harry looked at the "baby" thing at the waystation.

George Lucas, J.R.R. Tolkien and J.K. Rowling... in a race to see who has created the dorkiest names in the history of the universe.

True, but you have to put some things into context. Tolkien was making his characters and story based on the language he was creating. Rowling's characters are intentionally dorky. If you look at their outlandish dress and silly behaviors, it is an undertone that runs through it. It's there to express the difference between magical and not, emphasizing they are two different worlds.
In Lucas' defense, the names he finally chose were much less dorky than Deak Starkiller and the Force rather than the bogan that he originally had.

I liked all of Rowlings names. From the Blacks, naming them after Stars, and the Evans' after flowers. Plus, isn't Severus Snape just the perfect name to match his personality.

Finished it the other day and it was awesome, the Battle of Hogwarts and the Flaw in the Plan is going to look wicked on the big screen. Espeacially when Gwarp appear and all hell lets lose.
So many great parts i can just imagine the 3 heroes walking down Tottehem Court Road is so weird as i walked down it last week and can imagine it perfectly.
It was great how Neville became a big hero and how is gran was very proud of him.
Its amazing how many people die in HP,i would have liked to know who were the 50 who died and i would really like to know what happened to everybody afterward.
All 7 British version of the books and the 2 school books. Got HP and the Philospher's Stone on my 16 birthday 7 years ago, i was like what is this? A kids book? I left it on the shelf for about a years untileverybody at school was raving about it. I lived in Edinburgh for my teenage years which is J.K.Rowling home and the people there are very proud of that.
hp.jpg
[/IMG]

Last edited:
You guys are reading witchcraft ya know..And will pay for it eternally. :D

Seriously, picked up the book for my woman and she hasn't read it yet but is itchin to.I just watch the movies, i plan to read them all after i watch all 7 movies kinda weird eh?But it's a different approach.

Ditto.. My wife just finished the book last night. I go to the movies with her and I buy her the books/dvds when they come out but I've never read a single word.... I enjoy the movies though.

Just finished it off, loved it! There was only one BS plot device, Ron accidentally getting parcletounge right, but it didn't matter enough to me. Everything else was put together very cleverly. I've heard complaints aout the the ending being too cookie cutter, but anything negative would have been to forced, contrived. It's a hero's tale, one that started off as a kids book, and still ,in my opinion, stayed one. Morals, lessons, good vs. evil, redemption.

Loved it and it was a great ending, it made me feel so bad for Snape regardless of him being a prick. Still, now you know why. It seems like he had almost NO happy memories in his life, sad, but still fought for love.

Back