Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows - SPOILER DISCUSSION

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
but.."Snape was the bravest man I know" was really a great testiment.

Indeed it was. Albus Severus Potter. After I read the part of Snape's memory in the pensive I didn't load him any more. I found him very brave and was sad that he died.

I thought it was great. Tied up the loose ends nicely. I liked the "Evil bites itself in the ass" theme.
It turned out to be quite the bloodbath. The battle of Hogwarts was intense.
I wasn't surprised that Snape was a good guy.
Molly Weasley killing Bellatrix was great.
There were far too many Weasleys not to have a casualty.
Lupin and Tonks was a bummer, but not surprising. The overall theme of the books was that life is definitely not fair, so deal with it.
Kind of sad its over. I have truly enjoyed this series.

I thought it was great. Tied up the loose ends nicely. I liked the "Evil bites itself in the ass" theme.
It turned out to be quite the bloodbath. The battle of Hogwarts was intense.
I wasn't surprised that Snape was a good guy.
Molly Weasley killing Bellatrix was great.
There were far too many Weasleys not to have a casualty.
Lupin and Tonks was a bummer, but not surprising. The overall theme of the books was that life is definitely not fair, so deal with it.
Kind of sad its over. I have truly enjoyed this series.

I laughed pretty loud during that battle. She says the only "real" swear word in the whole series (and in BOLD CAPS too. :lol

I would like to have known what they did with Voldemort's and Snapes body. :confused:

I am determined to be the last person on earth to have never read a Harry Potter book (and I read A LOT). :eek:

I am determined to be the last person on earth to have never read a Harry Potter book (and I read A LOT). :eek:

I wouldn't say I'm determined but I'll be very surprised if I ever pick up a Harry Potter book to read. Just never had an interest in it. But I can understand people's love for a book series (I have serveral that I hold dear).

After the people I encountered at Barnes & Noble on Friday evening I am determined. :lol

:emperor

:lol I almost went to my local Borders on Friday night (to pick-up some books I've been wanting) and then I came to my senses and remembered that it probably wouldn't be a good idea.

:lol I almost went to my local Borders on Friday night (to pick-up some books I've been wanting) and then I came to my senses and remembered that it probably wouldn't be a good idea.
Oh, I had totally forgotten about the Potter-Mania sweeping the globe. I stopped off on the way home from work Friday evening to kill some rush hour traffic time, pick up a few magazines and get a frappuccino. I first noticed something was off when there was a police line taping off half of the parking lot. Then when I walked into the store I was encountered by so many strangelings that I felt like an extra in a John Waters movie.

Then I remembered. "Ah! The new Potter book." But this was around 6:30 PM and the book didn't actually go on sale until Midnight, right? They must have had about 50 people working in that store already.

why does it always have to be a happy ending? wish that Harry had died.
plus JK Rowling, pretty much left room to write more books if she wants too with the next generation.

Actually today it's become just as common to kill off ther heros. So much so that's actually a surprise when someone lives.

Irish, Kit, et al who will never read a harry Potter book: Can I say just how cool you guys are. I mean: WOW. When the trout swim upstrean you guys go down.

True mavericks.:rolleyes:

:monkey3

Irish, Kit, et al who will never read a harry Potter book: Can I say just how cool you guys are. I mean: WOW. When the trout swim upstrean you guys go down.

And you're even more cool for pointing out how cool we are. After all, it's all about being "cool" to me...that's why I am a SW and LOTR nerd....cause I am so worried about being cool.

HP is just not my thing. Several LOTR or Marvel fans here have brough up how much they think SW sucks.....So?

Hey, I've never said "Harry Potter sucks", have I?

Though I do confess being scared and annoyed by a bunch of saggy 50 year old women wearing school girl outfits and witch hats. And this is coming from someone who has obviously spent time at Sci-Fi/Comic conventions. :google

Besides, after SW and LOTR I think I have sufficiently filled my quota for fantasy sagas filled with laughable names. :lol

Awesome. My life's goal of becoming cool has been achieved! Woot! I knew being a LOTR geek and a geek of various other things would pay off one day! :woo

HP was never something that interested me. But I understand why it appeals to others and in the end we're all geeks of some genre (of for many of us, several genres). :D

Yeah, that's just it. I was pondering my utter coolness last night while watching G.I. JOE The Movie on DVD and putting another coat of primer on my latest Clone Trooper helmet. :lol

(You see, this is why some of us require hot girlfriends... to offset these unsettling realities). :cool:

Yeah, I really liked it

some things were kind of expected, but some times I were very suprised

I really enjoyed the Harry-Dumbledore talk in the end! Dumbledore crying and everything, allmost made me cry.

If there's one thing I really enjoy it's when people get their revenge after everyone though they've been beat. i.e when everyone thinks Harrys' dead and he throws of the cloak and suprises everyone and beats Voldemort

I also had the feeling that the tiara that Fleur wore at her wedding was the actual Rowena Ravenclaws Tiara...

Though the epilogue was too short, loads of things I wanted to be answered! the rebulding of the Ministry, what do Harry do now? (I allways imagined him beeing headmaster over Hogwarts), what do Ron and Hermione do? Do Harry live at Grimmauld place? and shouldn't Harry have raised Ted Lupin? since he was the godfather?

I still have many questions!!

and shouldn't Harry have raised Ted Lupin? since he was the godfather?

I still have many questions!!

I assume he was raised by his grandmother, but spent a good deal of time with Harry given the line about him being officially part of the family and how he ate dinner over there all the time.

Back