Han and Luke as Stormtroopers - SDCC '09

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Finally got to see the video... really look great. Glad to see Sideshow went the extra mile on these.

If they are $200 or more then I'm probably gonna pass on them. I already don't like the head sculpts and I'm on a budget this year at SDCC. Also if you can't pose them with helmets on that is kinda crappy.

Also if you can't pose them with helmets on that is kinda crappy.

If you want one posed with helmet on just buy the regular stormtrooper and pretend it's Luke or Han:lol; it'll save you alot of cash!

I think it's fantastic we get a helmet with inner details on it; I'm not too fussed they can't actually wear it. That's swung it for me..as long as they aren't over $200 that is.

To me the helmet details are alot cooler than being able to switch them. I think 200 is about the most I'm going to go on these. I'm not 100% sure I can even swing that, got alot of other collectibles going on right now that are higher on the priority list.

I'm hoping these make it under the $200 mark... if its much higher my desire to own may be severely impacted.

$90 normal Trooper price
$90 normal Trooper price
$15 Han Sculpt /helmet
$15 Luke Sculpt /helmet
$10 Convention Bump
$220 at least

For reference, the additional items for the Sandtrooper added $20 to the price.

Funny that. That's the same price I told Pix on Tuesday. I think with the extras, it's a fair assessment, though I'd change the convention bump to a lower Es.

Whatever it costs, it won't be a great value. Sideshow is good with prices that are mildly gouging without driving people away.

They look pretty good, Han's head sculpt especially, but I know I won't be able to afford them. Maybe some day.

Judging by the price of the butcher figure looks like we may be in for another increase.

Depends.

The Harbinger was $74.99 which is the same price as The Butcher but if history holds true it'll be $10 more expensive for NAs. So I'm fully expecting an $84.99 pricepoint tomorrow.

I would predict that these will bring an individual pricepoint matching the Sandtrooper considering what needs to be done to the standard Stormtrooper sculpt. So I'm guessing $109.99 so I think Attendees will be paying $219.99 for the bundle and NAs will have to foot $229.99. So it isn't an increase if they hit those pricepoints except to NAs because they are matching previous releases...

Judging by the price of the butcher figure looks like we may be in for another increase.

Actually he is the same price as the Harbinger. Only $5 more if you don't count the exclusive Harbinger. Not really an increase at all.

Depends.

The Harbinger was $74.99 which is the same price as The Butcher but if history holds true it'll be $10 more expensive for NAs. So I'm fully expecting an $84.99 pricepoint tomorrow.

I would predict that these will bring an individual pricepoint matching the Sandtrooper considering what needs to be done to the standard Stormtrooper sculpt. So I'm guessing $109.99 so I think Attendees will be paying $219.99 for the bundle and NAs will have to foot $229.99. So it isn't an increase if they hit those pricepoints except to NAs because they are matching previous releases...

I thought non-attendees only paid $5 more in some years. Maybe they've gone up. I honeslty don't know since I've been an attendee the last 3 years. But I expect Luke and Han to be the same price as the regular Stormtroopers. $180 for the two. $200 TOPS! But of course more for non-attendees.

I figured since its two figures the NA price will be up 10 dollars, I guess that's what others are doing as well. It'd be nice if we're wrong though.

I'm still holding at $169.99.

Tweaks and changes aside, SS is getting alot of mileage out of these troopers and the new body, so that should bring the price down overall. That doesn't mean the savings will get passed along on what is now a 'standard' price for the different troopers... but it should help level the price of a two-pack like this. All the parts here are resued or modified (aside from the grappling thingy and the inside of the helmets) so I don't see why they couldn't drop the price down a bit... $85 each essentially.

Sideshow presumably covered the production costs of the original Stormtrooper in their wholesale price.

Their figures are already getting quite expensive relative to quality and it would be an insult to fans to charge as much as the original Stormtroopers for the base element of these figures, which represent the third and forth Stormtrooper armour variants.

The closer to 200 this is the less likely I will be to buy. 170 is my limit. Anymore than that and I am out. :(

Back