Han and Luke as Stormtroopers - SDCC '09

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If someone wanted to make a helmeted figure, I really don't think it would be too hard to rig a special peg or something to hold the helmet on (maybe a little wobbly, but doable).

an easy way to do that so it wouldnt be wobbly would be to have an extra neck adapter & short post that you could mount a ball of foam on. that would keep it snug.

Were these the tease for May 7th?

I think so. Looks like what we would normally get for a preview. If not for what we saw in Sideshow TV it'd be really exciting. Personally I wish we had gotten a look at the headsculpts in that pic.

I think so. Looks like what we would normally get for a preview. If not for what we saw in Sideshow TV it'd be really exciting. Personally I wish we had gotten a look at the headsculpts in that pic.

That is cool and kinda lame, was hoping to see something else.

I have to wonder why Sideshow decided to include helmets if they can't be displayed on the figure? Just to show off the inside detail? IMO they should have not even bothered with the helmet if you couldn't display the figure with it on. Aside from looking nice inside (which you can't even display the inside) it is a pretty useless accessory. :confused:

What's the big appeal of the swapable helmet? To display them as ST's and use the heads on reg Luke and Han? :huh The interior detailed helmets are a much cooler and imaginative way to go, imo. And I'm sure you can see the inside from certain angles when they're holding them.

I have to wonder why Sideshow decided to include helmets if they can't be displayed on the figure? Just to show off the inside detail? IMO they should have not even bothered with the helmet if you couldn't display the figure with it on. Aside from looking nice inside (which you can't even display the inside) it is a pretty useless accessory. :confused:

:slap What's the point of having Han and Luke in stormtrooper disguise if you are just gonna display them with helmets on? Then they would just be regular stormtroopers. Having the helmets with inside details was a great way to go imho. It actually shows that they went the extra mile to do something special with these figures. And as Sideshow video shows, you can display them holding the helmets in a way that allows you to see their inside.

Price is going to be thye main factor on this one. Anything more than 220.00 for this is going to be out of the question for me.

we should have the best of both worlds.
with indy we got a hatless head, a hat, and a head wearing the hat!

I skipped the stormtrooper, and would love to have 2 stormtroopers to flank Vader..in addition to having a stormtrooper luke and han.

sounds like popping the head off and using a post will work though.

:slap What's the point of having Han and Luke in stormtrooper disguise if you are just gonna display them with helmets on? Then they would just be regular stormtroopers. Having the helmets with inside details was a great way to go imho. It actually shows that they went the extra mile to do something special with these figures. And as Sideshow video shows, you can display them holding the helmets in a way that allows you to see their inside.

Exactly.:lecture

:banghead:banghead:banghead:banghead

Depends.

The Harbinger was $74.99 which is the same price as The Butcher but if history holds true it'll be $10 more expensive for NAs. So I'm fully expecting an $84.99 pricepoint tomorrow.

I would predict that these will bring an individual pricepoint matching the Sandtrooper considering what needs to be done to the standard Stormtrooper sculpt. So I'm guessing $109.99 so I think Attendees will be paying $219.99 for the bundle and NAs will have to foot $229.99. So it isn't an increase if they hit those pricepoints except to NAs because they are matching previous releases...

Thats cool. I couldn't handle another price increase just yet.

I love the helmets BTW. Its very cool.

In a way too, by not including helmets that can be worn, it sort of ensures that those who buy these are doing so for that reason and not as an alternate way to get Stormtroopers.

I'm of the mindset that people who want an item for what it is should have a fair shot at getting it, and if everyone going after this set is interested in Han and Luke as Stormies, then the odds are fair for people trying to get it. If you could get Stormies out of this set, you could potentially double the number of folks trying to get them, and then the odds of getting them drop.

I think the high price expectations will prove true, and not saying that's unfair, I think it makes sense. The level of detail in the helmets they've done is really something.

I will say, it'd be awesome if somehow SSC could do a ROTJ Vader reveal where the face plate has all the interior detail seen in ROTS.

Back