Guillermo del Toro's Pacific Rim!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes... Gipsy Danger is the Jaeger that truly saved her in the end... or something... yeah... look at it like that. :exactly:

I love this movie but seeing this pic:
0MB2ybS.jpg

Just seeing his face pisses me off...For a movie that is so good,they have one of the worst actors in it... Like seriously, for a movie that spent so much time with their special effects and the 3D and everything,
And they couldn't get this part right? or at least cast a real Australian?

this sucks, he sucks, he ruins this movie . seriously one of the worst performances of the year.
that guy and his dad deserve to be nominated for the Razzies

0MB2ybS.jpg

Just seeing his face pisses me off...For a movie that is so good,they have one of the worst actors in it... Like seriously, for a movie that spent so much time with their special effects and the 3D and everything,

this sucks, he sucks, he ruins this movie . seriously one of the worst performances of the year.

He wasn't that bad. I felt the main character was worse. But thats just me.

really?
I dont know I could at least understand the main character. when I saw this I could not understand one word that was coming out of the guy in the pic, Him and his father were such a joke.

It's weird because Guillermo is always so careful and he pays attention to detail. but they completely screwed up with this guy

I just felt the main guy was a walking cliche and the Australian guy was your typical angry cocky guy. To be honest I didn't care for neither.

I agree. Though Mako was by far the worst of the bunch IMO.

Charlie Day, Ron Perlman and the young Mako had the best acting in the film IMO. Maybe add Idris to that list.

0MB2ybS.jpg

I thought he was much better than Riley, Charlie Hunnam was sooo dull. He acted like a fkin power ranger. I think he was suppose to be that way though. Idris Elba and Perlman were the best imo.

0MB2ybS.jpg

Looks like someone missed the point of this film.

And the point was to be fun, and campy. And if you can't appreciate some camp, then why are you watching a film about giant robots and giant monsters?

Looks like someone missed the point of this film.

And the point was to be fun, and campy. And if you can't appreciate some camp, then why are you watching a film about giant robots and giant monsters?

so they were making fun of Australians? mocking them? I seriously doubt Guillermo would do that,
like I can understand the movie being fun and campy.

BUT not all the characters were not funny and campy. at least the pilots weren't. Every other pilot was fine, they didn't do anything campy with the other pilots.
They were serious and they were good. I loved the Russian Pilots for example, or Idris Elba, nothing funny and campy about them
AT ALL....................................

This becomes a problem for me specially when that guy was not funny or comedic, his character was rude and mean, which makes things worse if he was supposed to be campy and fun, because he totally wasn't.
he was the opposite of fun. He was supposed to be serious and cause tension. and he was terrible at it

I can totally understand the campy and fun aspect, I LOVED Geiszler and Gottlieb, they were funny, they were entertaining. they were a lot of fun, I loved them. I could watch hours and hours of just them.

But Hansen.... he was just... awful. seriously he seriously sucked. And like I said for this being a Del Toro movie, it surprises me a lot.

Last edited:
Fake accents are a part of the charm. It's like a live action anime.

And Idris Elba was definitely campy...just in a different way. A more classical way. He was the stone cold general with a dark past. Perfect kind of character in this movie.

well I guess I can see the fake accents being part of the charm like a live action anime.....

I just still feel bothered by the guy in the pic.

0MB2ybS.jpg

he's a character you're supposed to hate in the movie.
Sounds like he was cast perfectly. Especially for you .... :monkey1...

so they were making fun of Australians? mocking them? I seriously doubt Guillermo would do that,

BUT not all the characters were not funny and campy. at least the pilots weren't. Every other pilot was fine, they didn't do anything campy with the other pilots.
They were serious and they were good. I loved the Russian Pilots for example, or Idris Elba, nothing funny and campy about them

This becomes a problem for me specially when that guy was not funny or comedic, his character was rude and mean, which makes things worse if he was supposed to be campy and fun, because he totally wasn't.
he was the opposite of fun. He was supposed to be serious and cause tension. and he was terrible at it

I can totally understand the campy and fun aspect, I LOVED Geiszler and Gottlieb, they were funny, they were entertaining. they were a lot of fun, I loved them. I could watch hours and hours of just them.

But Hansen.... he was just... awful. seriously he seriously sucked. And like I said for this being a Del Toro movie, it surprises me a lot.

Celtic is right, you are wrong. :lecture

The russian pilots were campy as **** :lol

Back