Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I thought this was absolutely amazing and was delighted to see it avoid pretty much every pet peeve "James Gunnism" of mine. No people screaming at each other all the time or unfunny jokes played way too long or sentimental scenes ruined by abrupt crude humor. Everything had it's place. And holy crap I don't think there's an MCU movie with such genuine stakes as GOTG3 outside of IW and EG. I was on the edge of my seat the whole time.

And this might be the only MCU film where I absolutely had no idea what was going to happen from one scene to the next for the *entire* runtime. And not because it was cheaply "subverting expectations" every other second but because it was so genuinely imaginative and original (to my mind anyway) that I just didn't ever know what to expect. I found it to be so imaginative in fact that I'd say it was akin to watching a George Lucas SW film, especially with such mind-boggling visuals and locales.

I totally loved it and am inclined to say it's a Top 5 MCU film for me.

Just saw this and it was a very good movie. Lots of heart and great action and the comedy didn’t feel forced. Felt like a movie and not just something superficial like some of these other films. I think my fav gotg movie and top 10 movies in the mcu. Absolutely loved the emotional ending
Enough can't be said about the text highlighted in bold. A truly cinematic experience. Not a formula, didn't feel or look like a TV show, and every moment felt truly larger than life.

Khev and Jaws are obviously drunk-posting on the forum tonight…

1684032428527.jpeg

…I am going to see it tonight…I hope they are right….

This was the best MCU movie since EG.

GOTG3 > NWH

:chase

Villain very well done.

Marvel done goofed up.

Should Be:

Avengers High Evolutionary Dynasty not Kang Dynasty.

lol
And it connects perfectly to the Infinity Saga since:

A. It references nothing from the most recent Phase

and

B. Star-Lord hunting for Gamora was pretty much the one single EG loose end that begged to be resolved. And now it has been. :yess:

I loved the organic world. It was disgusting, but really novel and a welcome change from the usual sterile sci-fi hallways. I already mentioned how much I loved the big fat orange suits on the security guards.

Also liked the girl that played Ratcatcher from Suicide Squad playing Ura, the pink-skinned hot secretary.

FvU5QemWIAMM-tq.jpg

Reminded me of the "Zeltrons" from the old Marvel Star Wars comics.

ze.jpg

I loved the organic world. It was disgusting, but really novel and a welcome change from the usual sterile sci-fi hallways. I already mentioned how much I loved the big fat orange suits on the security guards.

Also liked the girl that played Ratcatcher from Suicide Squad playing Ura, the pink-skinned hot secretary.

View attachment 639498

Reminded me of the "Zeltrons" from the old Marvel Star Wars comics.

View attachment 639499

Incredible o_O I had NO idea that was Daniela Melchior!

Enough can't be said about the text highlighted in bold. A truly cinematic experience. Not a formula, didn't feel or look like a TV show, and every moment felt truly larger than life.
Pretty much yes. And I was very hesitant to watch this movie. I’m glad I ended up loving it. It just felt very genuine. It’s not perfect but it’s a damn good movie

If Gunn can make a Superman film with this much heart I'll be a happy man. Characterisation aside, I really like how he handled Warlock. The flying sequences looked great, they had a real sense of power and speed.

Saw this yesterday and it was tremendous. I think right now it’s my favorite of the three and that is mostly due to the genuine stakes in the film, Rocket’s heartbreaking backstory and Iwuji’s amazing performance, my favorite villain since Thanos easy (I liked Kang but man this guy was next level unhinged). Great balance between the humor we love and a more serious tone. Ended up loving the consistent uniforms, great visual way of saying this team is finally cohesive and on the same page. Some of my friends didn’t like the music as much but I loved it, maybe because I knew most of the songs and was tapping along to them. The color seemed really muted compared to the other films but that was possibly due to the typically awful way 3D dilutes color. Finally like this version of Groot maybe because I realised this is the I’m off to college and taking steroids and protein shakes version. Some minor quibbles along the way, some of the humor falls flat, yes that F bomb was pointless, the occasional bad effects shot, but this film freaking soars! Gunn seems to dig further into his horror past than any other Guardians film. Some really intense, horrific moments and covered my sons eyes at one point. Love love loved it.

My daughter and I saw it last night. D-Box rules for this action packed romp!

I will point out what I didn’t like (which was very little):

The f-bomb was unnecessary
The ‘save the children’ arc unnecessary

The rest was GREAT!
All in all I gave it a 9/10

Back