Gruff's 1:6 Collection

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Frankenstein.jpg
Dracula.jpg

This thread needs an update :impatient:

:lol

Thanks for making me smile, H. Today I have been left in peace for what should be two weeks. Really hoping to shoot some more pictures and even complete a few custom projects. Of course, I am on call should anything happen with my in-laws at the assisted living apartment nearby. They're getting to know me at the local hospital, but all's well. No one's in the hospital or rehab just now. All the hips are healthy and the blood pressure is good.

Now WHERE did I put those socks for Tony Montana?

Thanks for making me smile, H. Today I have been left in peace for what should be two weeks. Really hoping to shoot some more pictures and even complete a few custom projects. Of course, I am on call should anything happen with my in-laws at the assisted living apartment nearby. They're getting to know me at the local hospital, but all's well. No one's in the hospital or rehab just now. All the hips are healthy and the blood pressure is good.

Now WHERE did I put those socks for Tony Montana?

Pics first, customs later :lecture:lol

I hope all is well, Gruff :1-1: Good to see you are still around :wave

There must be some mistake: I seem to have forgotten to post anything for a year and a half. Plus a month.

Okay, I'm going to try to rein in my Photoshop addiction and show the kinds of photos people like: clean full figure shots that show the whole piece. I did a quick shoot of the ten figures I loaned out to the cause of the Silentsurfer booth at FAMcon 2013. Now that the show is half over, I can post those here. Of these ten, nine are sculpted by Trevor, and Selene -- the two Selene heads -- are the work of Joy & Tom Studios. Jack Burton's boots are by Spenser. All were painted by Nathan.

SeleneLITE_zpsd37493d5.jpg

JackBurtonLITE_zpsa4b9c241.jpg

LawrenceLITE_zps31640251.jpg

Next stop, FIREFLY...

Last edited:
FIREFLY contributors: Trevor Grove and Nathan Eakins, Star Puffs, SithLord McGuyver, D-Arts, Stevo's, Corrose, Toy Anxiety...who made the gun? Going to have to look through my past pm's.

Nathan has painted Mal's gun and boots since these were taken. I'll shoot those when I get the figures back.

MalLITE_zpsd66a4c24.jpg

WashLITE_zps36b4067b.jpg

RiverLITE_zps775a6918.jpg

BookLITE_zps8ca2211b.jpg

In progress, placeholder overalls:

KayleeLITE_zps16666688.jpg

The two ladies are short, and I came in close to fill the frame, which makes them look like they are scaled funny. I'll shoot a group shot when they come home.

Last edited:
Last but not least (today anyway), the beginnings of a personal project. If I see it through to the end, there will be seven figures. At least two will definitely happen, with different sculptors. The two pictured below are scheduled for a couple of upgrades before they're truly done. Lou has been seen before, but this is a new rendition by Nathan so the set can display together. Les, whose original version is earlier in this thread, is still working through his backlog and has another group project to complete for me.

I realize from talking with fellow freaks at FAMcon that this show is "waaaay before your time" for many here. It's a lost show. The only place to see it is Hulu.

Lou2LITE_zps03b22661.jpg

Camera and camera bag are placeholders, shoes will be switched for screen accuracy, and this shot seems to shorten the legs -- this one's TALL.
AnimalLITE_zpse68e09cf.jpg

Coming soon: early rarities by some pioneers of the hobby...GoRae and Park Yong Soon.

Last edited:
Back