Gruff's 1:6 Collection

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got an early one...the good news is that I haven't revealed it until now at Trev's request, because he knew people would want it and he had no time for casting...he'll be offering it soon, which is why he let us reveal the figure at FAMcon. The boots, as noted, are by Spenser.

I actually have the knife, and there'll be an update on the Jack Burton when the knife is done and I've found a suitable wristwatch. Can't say who did the knife, because I don't think he wants to tackle producing a batch; they're very hard to cast.

I got an early one...the good news is that I haven't revealed it until now at Trev's request, because he knew people would want it and he had no time for casting...he'll be offering it soon, which is why he let us reveal the figure at FAMcon. The boots, as noted, are by Spenser.

I actually have the knife, and there'll be an update on the Jack Burton when the knife is done and I've found a suitable wristwatch. Can't say who did the knife, because I don't think he wants to tackle producing a batch; they're very hard to cast.

Awesome thanks for the info. I have the shirt and boots from spenser. My Jack is all done but that head :horror

Great figures man.

Seriously, I was sooo jealous of your Burton Gruff, really great sculpt. All your customs were amazing, Very impressed with the few amazing pieces you were showing at Nathan's booth, really great stuff!!!

It's good to see it all in one place, Gruff. I like that you are into the classic horror as well. I don't have much of that except a Horizon models Creature from the Black Lagoon, but those always have a place in my heart.

Can't wait to help you fill this thread up with more goodness.

I had the pleasure of setting up ALL of Gruff's figures and I gotta say they're so mind blowing in person. Especially that Animal!

Last edited:
really great stuff gruff, love the lou grant... not much love for 70's t.v.... too bad.....your pics are so crisp and vivid, what camera do you use?

Gruff seems to be a man who picks an artist and then sticks with him... Lot of great pieces by Les and now some great pieces by Nathan.

Shame Les got into such a mess... I love his paint style and I know he was a big inspiration to me and many others.

Hi, some great figures in your collection, could you show some more of David Tennant and Selene, please, also where did the Tennant sculpt come from, THANKS

It's from the Character Options 12" figure that was released a few years ago.

Hi, some great figures in your collection, could you show some more of David Tennant and Selene, please, also where did the Tennant sculpt come from, THANKS

Tennant is indeed the Character Options figure, and this custom is a few years old. As for more pictures, here you go. The first was taken before I permanently attached the glasses. Paint by Les Walker.

10thDOCnoglasses_zpse498fb5b.jpg

10th-Doctor-glasses_zps30d90dab.jpg

Here's the Selene human head up close, sculpt from Snyderman and paint by Silentsurfer:

SeleneMED2_zps9b514f8e.jpg

And in natural light on my desk:

SeleneCU1_zps3eeb83f4.jpg

The corresponding Vampire head:

SeleneCU3_zpsc9655e59.jpg

SeleneCU2_zpsbf9f38cb.jpg

Of course, the two Selene heads could be painted the opposite way. :)

And just for Nathan, a wider shot of the Sideshow Wolfman. I switched it to a Hot Toys body and added a little chest sculpt. Paint and hair additions by Les -- the hair hides the joint at the base of the neck. Photographed in front of my iMac -- the moon is a wallpaper graphic. :lol I've Photoshopped out some desk crap at the bottom, but the figure is unretouched.

Wolfie_zps2184772e.jpg

I'm going to try to squeeze in a little photography of some other figures tomorrow...

Last edited:
Wow man that Wolfman looks choice! I've wondered if more could be done with that figure.

One of Les' pieces I will always covet is the Mummy he did for Armacord... hands down one of my favorite custom pieces of all time :lecture

Some very, very cool customs here that I've never seen anywhere else. Great collection. Are those Rocco's Frank and Dracula in your signature, GOB?

Are those Rocco's Frank and Dracula in your signature, GOB?

They're the Sideshow releases. Dracula was repainted by Les Walker. The Son of Frankenstein is the factory paint. :horror

Thanks for the comments everybody! I'm resizing some pictures I shot to day to upload to Photobucket...man, do I hate the new Photobucket. Forum-friendly code is buried in a mess of other things. :(

This is one of my rarities. It's stunning in person.

By the great Gorae (Sang Hyun Kim), number 10 of an edition of twenty released in 2007. With this figure he handcrafted an early system for moveable eyes. In the second image, you can see a small brass joystick that controls the right eye. Enterbay uses the same design of independently controlled eyes today. The Hand of Doom's digits are attached with magnets, and the fingers and thumb can be switched out to make a fist. The base and shoes are magnetic, and the figure stays upright very well. The coat is real suede, not the synthetic stuff, and hangs nicely.

Hot Toys later hired Gorae to do their version of Hellboy when the second movie, "The Golden Army," came out.

GoraeHB_zps28bf007f.jpg

gorae-HB-comp_zpsc0095e99.jpg

Gorae-Face-2_zps71013ed9.jpg

Gorae-Face-1_zpse63d8cbc.jpg

More to come, but this guy is hard to top.

Thats amazing, Gruff piece of 1/6 history memorabilia right there. Looks wayyy better than HT's. There will be another one made by Hyun Kim which looks amazing as well.

Back