Gruff's 1:6 Collection

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hydeous, anything you can add to my commentary, feel free. I've always wondered what Gorae would do next, and whether Hot Toys is treating him right.

Next up is another of my real treasures, what I regard as one of the most beautiful female figures yet made, Park Yong Soon's Resident Evil Alice. I don't know much about Park, but he seems to be regarded as something of an elder statesman in the Korean figure community. I'm hoping Denny Kim can tell me more -- when we talked at FAMcon, it seemed Denny knew everyone in Korea I've ever contacted or admired, including Park Yong Soon.

RE-coa_zps5d5c490c.jpg

RE-box_zpsb0e216a0.jpg

RE-full_zps1ba23670.jpg

RE-face-1_zpse31f19f9.jpg

I found the jacket she wears in the film and added it for this shoot; but it's not part of the original figure. Might have been inHouse; I can't recall now.

RE-medium_zps59409a75.jpg

The profile is pure Milla.

RE-profile_zps2f506f6c.jpg

She comes with bare hands and weapons, but these are brittle. I'm very careful with these parts these days.

RE-weapons_zps82f94efe.jpg

RE-face-2_zps546f56b3.jpg

Are those alice figures the ones that have costume made by harue?

Pics are starting to load (as im using my phone) and the eye system that gorae uses, along with the hair plug system looks very intricate and nicely detailed. It looks like a hand made figure and make the HT looks cheap in comparison. Not many custom figures can beat a standard HT figure, and that gorae hellboy is one of em. I wish i had the luxury to appreciate it in person. :panic:

Yes, the Alice is the one for which HaRue did the costume. IKE-CON later bought up a batch of the outfits from HaRue and offered them individually...but the head...ah, the head. Many have tried to copy it. None have matched it.

Last rarity for tonight.

This one is from a now-defunct company called Plastic Earth, and was sculpted by Joy & Tom Studios of Sanford, Florida. You know their works because their project manager, Snyderman, offers their current sculpts on these very boards. You can read about them at Wikipedia.

Plastic Earth probably only made a handful of these -- maybe as few as three. They released a Rod Serling figure (also sculpted by J&T) about the same time, and it was seen and discussed on these boards because Wofford commissioned a Serling from Andy Bergholtz at the same time, and two versions of one unusual figure predictably left everyone in a state of panic and confusion. :rotfl

Because of its rarity, I've always displayed this in the box. I only opened it today (very collector-friendly elastic ties) for these photos. But I've realized now that other than the snazzy box, it really isn't Plastic Earth that's the artist here. It's the Snyders. So I've gone in a single day from staring at it in the box, to imagining upgrades. A Hot Toys True Type that could actually hold that pose. A nice stand with a decal by Corrose or Evilface. For now, please ignore the color of the hands.

Here he is: Verbal Kint. Or rather, Keyser Soze. From "The Usual Suspects."

KS-box-front_zpseb97bf6b.jpg

KS-box-rev_zpsba647635.jpg

KS-flap_zpsaa46fccf.jpg

KS-coa_zpsf5bf625b.jpg

KS-full-2_zpsfb02b7a4.jpg

KS-full-1_zpsdd8315bf.jpg

KS-medium_zps2a25f566.jpg

KS-medium-2_zps7bc84e2c.jpg

A few more looks at the Mr Mojo Risin' figure from back at post #6. This is my one and only example of the painting art of Boot25. He withdrew from the hobby due to a family illness a year or so back. I don't know whether he'll ever return.

Dirty ol' Jim, signifying as always and inviting trouble from the Miami cops:

MojoFULL_zpsdf86a4e6.jpg

MojoMED_zpsec7fca0f.jpg

MojoCU_zpsfdb4e75a.jpg

Can't seem to get that belt buckle to stay in place, but then neither could he. The base decal is by Evilface. Since completing this figure, I've obtained an alternate headsculpt, so there will be a Mr. Mojo Risin' version 2 one day.

Great stuff Gruff!!!

They're the Sideshow releases. Dracula was repainted by Les Walker. The Son of Frankenstein is the factory paint. :horror

Thanks for the comments everybody! I'm resizing some pictures I shot to day to upload to Photobucket...man, do I hate the new Photobucket. Forum-friendly code is buried in a mess of other things. :(

BTW, there is a way to change the settings in the new photobucket so the pictures are not linked back to photobucket. At one point I was deleting the url by hand, but there is an option. However, all my pictures now default to being sideways even though I've changed the option to not do it... the new photobucket just ruined what was a great service :gah:

Man, I guess we need name tags at Famcon! Would be cool if we could I'D each other

Enjoyed reading the history on some of these great figures I otherwise would not have known about. The hellboy and the Milla are fricking amazing. Suddenly my collection feels more lacking. :)

A joy to watch your collection Gruff :)

You must be the "custom connaisseur".

(and to Galactiboy; yes, the mummy is still one of my favourites, were are the Les days, I miss him)

(and to Galactiboy; yes, the mummy is still one of my favourites, were are the Les days, I miss him)

I always hold out hope that one day you will temporarily go insane and sell that piece. If that day comes I am ready! :lecture

Some really interesting (and great) customs you've got here. How classy is that Alice box? Hellboy is very cool. I've never heard of it before now. . .I'm such a custom noob :(

Wow some real 1/6 treasures in this thread. That Kezer Soze blew me away! Never knew they made an actual figure. Great stuff!

Gruff, your collection is amazing.
Almost as ecclectic as mine, though yours has a much better selection of high end/rare figures.
I've been on the search for an Ed Asner for such a long time, yours is fantastic. AND you have Animal!
Please keep posting more!

Back