Gruff's 1:6 Collection

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Did a little photo shoot today...needed the break.

pulpguys_zps14601ae3.jpg

shep_zps8292151a.jpg

vega_zps60cfcdf8.jpg

Sculpts by Joy & Tom Studios, Paint by SilentSurfer, Briefcase by RobbiethePainter, Base Decals by Corrose.

LisbethFull_zps059ea3f1.jpg

LisbethMedium_zps94a93559.jpg

Sculpt by bbkill, paint by Small Studios, razor necklace by FullMetal, base decal by Evilface. Hoodie is from Magic Cube, and the rest is from my parts bin. One of my parts bins. Number seventeen, as a matter of fact. The hands are Amy Pond hands from Toy Anxiety.

Here's one I got to study how the painter did the eyes. It's by Jo Kim, who sells OOAK repaints on eBay as Kmiro Creations. She mostly does BJD-scale faceups. I have two of her rare 1:6 efforts. This is some sort of Cy Girl, I think. There's a lot of gloss seal on the eyes -- you can see white reflections; they're not painted "doll dots."

kmiro-full_zpsbbe3a819.jpg

kmiroclose_zpsfbb3c302.jpg

Wow Gruff, these customs are just flat out amazing.

There's some really nice Pulp Fiction figures out there but yours are my favorite by far. Same goes for Draper.

Can't believe I hadn't visited your thread until now, really missed out on some great custom figures! Keep it coming brother!

Gonna wind up tonight with a couple of straight-up kit bashes.

First, take a Sideshow 'vaperator farmer Luke, add a spare Hot Toys Bespin Luke head and body from Toy Anxiety, mix 'em all up (as Little Richard would say) and you get:

farmerluke_zps9df3b2bc.jpg

Love to hear that people are enjoying these...:D

Last up for tonight is something I've always wanted to do since the Sideshow Abe Lincoln came out and wasn't quite what I had in mind.

This is a new head just out from Super Duck, with a new Dollsfigure outfit called a "western outfit." I pre-ordered both from Cotswold Collectibles, and they arrived together like a kit. The boots are from Saturday Toys and were already weathered. I added an Enterbay body and loose tux shirt from Toy Anxiety, added studs to the shirt, made a tie out of Halloween ribbon and printed out a copy of the Gettysburg Address courtesy of Google. I'd sent a base decal design to Corrose, and it came back, as all his decals do, perfect.

AbeFull_zps2511040f.jpg

AbeMedium_zps9d736ce6.jpg

So three years later, I remembered that I had this thread...necroposting myself here. Just finished up my Fury Road custom. Head by Modern Life with JD Kim paint, costume by Gee Whiz, boots and boot harness by Mr.E, leg brace by Fullmetal, base decal by Evilface, weapons, H-harness and small parts from the Art Figures version through Toy Anxiety.

Fury2_zpszq4q0wjd.jpg

MaxFR3_zpsrlrtm2f9.jpg

Fury1%20copy_zpsmkwyoctp.jpg

And my Indy is getting there. MJ Choi's head with Silentsurfer's paint, Yunsil (Toribox) clothing, Sideshow TOD body and boots. I'm still looking for my last Indy to replace the pictured belt and whip with mfisher's. Yes, I know the bandaged hand is for TOD not Raiders. I just think it's kinda cool.

Indy%201_zpsvme2oqq8.jpg

Indy%203_zpsrjcxsg7v.jpg

Several pages/years back (take your pick) I said I had a goal to do the whole cast of Lou Grant. At the rate I'm going I'll be dead before it's done, but Creg Customs (sculpt) and Silentsurfer (paint) have brought Charlie Hume to life, and the next one isn't too far off. I hope.

A glimpse:

Charlie1_zpsbvn7focb.jpg

The character used to shadowbox whenever he was happy. I believe I used a Bank Robber Joker v2 suit from Toy Anxiety. It's tricky to find lapels wide enough for that era.

Love your collection....Yes I am old enough to remember Lou Grant. He will be lost without Mary

So three years later, I remembered that I had this thread...necroposting myself here. Just finished up my Fury Road custom. Head by Modern Life with JD Kim paint, costume by Gee Whiz, boots and boot harness by Mr.E, leg brace by Fullmetal, base decal by Evilface, weapons, H-harness and small parts from the Art Figures version through Toy Anxiety.

Fury2_zpszq4q0wjd.jpg

MaxFR3_zpsrlrtm2f9.jpg

Fury1%20copy_zpsmkwyoctp.jpg

looks good but I wonder why you didn't use the geewhiz jacket?

Back