Graphics are Overrated!!!!! Come on and say it with me!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Which do you think is more important???

• Gameplay first, graphics second

Votes: 67 82.7%
  • Graphics first, gameplay second

Votes: 8 9.9%
  • I don't care because I'm still playing my NES.

Votes: 6 7.4%

• Total voters
Gameplay first and foremost but in this day and age you should always have the best of both worlds though.

i could be playing an 8 bit game for all i care as long as its fun and keeps you interested, graphics come in at 2nd.

I dug out my original playstation not long ago and had a go on the first Tomb Raider. It's amazing how much you go "oh my god... it looked THAT bad?" because you forget about the lack of pony tail (they didnt know how to animate one) and the blocky cube hands with no fingeres, and the triangular boobs....

but you know what? after 5 minutes I was completely sucked in by the atmosphere and the gameplay... and i wasn't even NOTICING the graphics anymore. In fact... I was still getting that feeling of wonder and "....ooOOoohh!" every time I walked into some huge cavern, the feeling of exploration was amazing.

So graphics are great and all that... but gameplay rules all. :rock

Both basically,but Gameplay comes first...Tomb Raider Underworld has beautiful graphics,but the gameplay absolutely suck when you fight against the enemy and therefore i didnt like the game.

Call of duty 5 and MGS4 are 2 examples of games over the last year that had great graphics and gameplay,simply PERFECTION!:D

Anyone ever play Wizardry back in the Appple IIe days? Dungeons & Dragons/World of Warcraft with .bmp still images.

You kids today are spoiled rotten.

No kidding, they are spoiled. I remember those days with the Apple IIe in middle school... UGH. And some games you didn't even get the still images.

You can have good graphics with poor artistic direction.. that's the only problem these days. Gameplay is king.

Back