Godzilla vs King Kong

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I still love 300 and think that his Dawn of the Dead remake is pretty solid.

I think the only reason DC fans are supporting him is because they hated the JW cut and they are assuming that this has to be something better. Which I think it probably will be but that is not saying much.

He did a great job with DotD. Will always be his best film.

I'm looking forward to seeing his Army of the Dead.

I have little to no interest in the Snyder Cut JL.

I already watched 2 movies Godzilla and King Kong. Both of them are really enjoying with lots of action.

I don?t think he?s overrated i just think he?s not a good film maker and terrible at telling stories and the only reason DC fans rally behind him is cause he?s the one and only person to make a DC universe and bvs film. All of his movies have been nice to look at but just terrible story telling and choices.

Thus he's overrated.

Sucker Punch screams Fan Boy with a cinematic eye. Nothing more.

You do realize that Maulfan has Godzilla slippers right lol

I know, I know... :lol

I just don't like Snyder's films for anything, I've seen 300, Man of Steel and BvS and not one have I ever wanted to watch again after the first viewing, I'm not even inclined to leave it on if they happen to be on while channel surfing on TV. He just doesn't entertain me on any level.

I think DotD was well executed . Suckerpunch was pretty, 300 was nice to look at....

He?s got a nice visual style, beyond that?

I liked Watchmen also.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So I just watched KOTM and then followed it with 2014.

Man oh man.. 2014 is such a better movie then KOTM.. In almost every way. KOTM is a bit more fast paced but the look, feel, and style is so much better in 2014.

I prefer the monster fights in 2014 by a lot.

I enjoyed KOTM the first few times I watched it.. But last night i borderline hated it. The characters, for the first time really got under my skin. And I cant get over how little Monster vs Monster action there is and what is there is not that great.

Best part is GvKG first fight in the Artic. That is still solid. Rodan first appearance is awesome also. But the rest of the film was just blah to me.

It really boils down to spending too much time with characters I don't care about or actually hate and interrupting the monster fights to focus on them was a bad bad idea.

Mothra was a dumb add on also and really added nothing to the film. Would have been better if Rodan and KG were going up against just Godzilla.

I watched 2014 right after (I wanted to watch it first but my kids wanted to watch LOTM) and i think following it up to KOTM made it seem that much better.

Characters are boring but not dislikable and the weight of the monsters and scale feels awesome.

Hope GvK gives us what we need.

What monster stuff is in G2014 was really well done, and I'm looking forward to the 4K release that's supposedly coming later this year, I'm sure that'll have an awesome Atmos soundtrack too. However, I do very much like seeing the monsters in KotM, the visuals are beautiful, and I enjoy it specifically for that.
The Toho monsters are just so iconic, and not just because they're more well known, there's something about their design and everything that is so interesting. All of the monsters that were new from the Mutos to the other ones in KotM just aren't nearly as good. But seeing Rodan/Mothra/King Ghidorah portrayed so realistically and massive is just fascinating.
So far, it doesn't seem like any other Toho monsters will be showing up in GvK but it would be great if there's a surprise there. At least we've got Mechagodzilla coming in. Having Mothra come back would be cool too which is teased in the KotM credits.

EDIT:
Also, don't know if people had seen the MonsterArts figures:
https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Product/VariationDetails/151035
https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Product/VariationDetails/151034

So I just watched KOTM and then followed it with 2014.

Man oh man.. 2014 is such a better movie then KOTM.. In almost every way. KOTM is a bit more fast paced but the look, feel, and style is so much better in 2014.

I prefer the monster fights in 2014 by a lot.

I enjoyed KOTM the first few times I watched it.. But last night i borderline hated it. The characters, for the first time really got under my skin. And I cant get over how little Monster vs Monster action there is and what is there is not that great.

Best part is GvKG first fight in the Artic. That is still solid. Rodan first appearance is awesome also. But the rest of the film was just blah to me.

It really boils down to spending too much time with characters I don't care about or actually hate and interrupting the monster fights to focus on them was a bad bad idea.

Mothra was a dumb add on also and really added nothing to the film. Would have been better if Rodan and KG were going up against just Godzilla.

I watched 2014 right after (I wanted to watch it first but my kids wanted to watch LOTM) and i think following it up to KOTM made it seem that much better.

Characters are boring but not dislikable and the weight of the monsters and scale feels awesome.

Hope GvK gives us what we need.

GvK has a whole Madison subplot...

...so don't count on it. :lol

It?s not the human characters, it how badly they are written.

You can have monster and horror flicks with good characters .

The good news is that the fights in GvK already feel like we'll have a clearer look at them than KOTM, and by that I mean like either pulled back camera angles or clear lighting.

KOTM fights suffer from tight zooms or atmosphere muddying up the look of them.

I probably have a soft spot for the end fight because it's Boston.

I still wish 2014 was the movie this trailer shot suggested. Probably one of my most favorite images of Legendary Godzilla and it was never in a film.

1_Sharper.jpg

It would be cool to see a big Kaiju monster movie that stuck more to being horror, the whole part in Hawaii is very much like that. Cloverfield is probably the only movie that kind of really tries to do that, but it was low-budget.

Shin had the right idea ....

But once again failed in the human part .....

Kotm should have worked but didn?t . Idk why. It felt like it was trying to hard to make the humans funny. Nobody cares about them. I hated how they kept cutting away and I hated how ghidorah went out his way to chase them. It?s like a human chasing an ant . Gidorah never paid attention to humans just wanted to destroy

Totally agree with Ghidorah.

Really, what was needed was a group of people trying to just stay alive in the destruction.

Tell the story of where they are in their boring lives, then have them deal with the disaster around them and how it affects them.

Second story: the military leaders trying and failing to have any effect of them. They had part of this in KOTM, and it was the best human part. Do they use weapons of mass destruction that will affect humanity and MAYBE the monsters??? Seeing the kaiju just trash all the military hardware would at least make a 15 minute montage that would have been better then 30 minutes of the lame human start we got.

Shin had the right idea ....

But once again failed in the human part .....

I actually liked how the people were portrayed in SG, rather than focus on main protagonists, it just shows various groups of politicians, military personnel, scientists, etc. working on problems Godzilla causes.

Damn shin Godzilla was weird. Idk he was more like a zombie than a living monster

Or they could just have the monsters talk like in Godzilla's Revenge but all the monsters this time and the drama could be their own inner turmoil and how they are feeling about fighting each other. Godzilla could have a powerful soliloquy that would bring tears to Maulfan's eyes. No humans at all.

:D

Or they could just have the monsters talk like in Godzilla's Revenge but all the monsters this time and the drama could be their own inner turmoil and how they are feeling about fighting each other. Godzilla could have a powerful soliloquy that would bring tears to Maulfan's eyes. No humans at all.

:D

Morgan Freeman can voice Godzilla.

I must admit, I didn't think much of Kong first time I laid eyes on him. Looked like a stiff breeze would blow him over. That was my first impression of the primate.

I could see why some of the monsters took him for snobby. He had a quiet way about him, a walk and a talk that just wasn't normal around here. He strolled, like an ape in a zoo without a care or a worry in the world, like he had on an invisible coat that would shield him from this place. Yeah, I think it would be fair to say... I liked Kong from the start. Still, we foolishly destroyed half the city fighting each other. There's not a day goes by I don't feel regret. I look back on the way I was then, a young, stupid radioactive lizard who committed those terrible crimes. I want to talk to him. I want to try to talk some sense to him, tell him the way things are. But I can't. That hatchling is long gone, and this old lizard is all that's left. I got to live with that.

Sometimes it makes me sad, though...Kong being gone. I have to remind myself that some apes aren't meant to be caged. They're just too bright. And when they run away, the part of you that knows it was a sin to lock them up DOES rejoice. But still, the place you live in is that much more drab and empty that they're gone. I guess I just miss my friend.

Back