Godzilla vs King Kong

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Or they could just have the monsters talk like in Godzilla's Revenge but all the monsters this time and the drama could be their own inner turmoil and how they are feeling about fighting each other. Godzilla could have a powerful soliloquy that would bring tears to Maulfan's eyes. No humans at all.

:D

I think the global pandemic will stop Maulfan from going to watch GvK

Wait who is this person on GvK opening day....

tenor.gif

I think the global pandemic will stop Maulfan from going to watch GvK

Wait who is this person on GvK opening day....

tenor.gif

I am keeping an eye on local theaters to see if any will have showings, not hopeful, but I'm going if it's possible.

Does anyone know if Brie Larson will make a cameo in the movie?

Unlikely, when they included Brooks in King of the Monsters they replaced the Kong Skull Island actor with an older actor, if they brought Weaver back for any reason, I'm sure they'd replace Larson too, no sense paying a big name like that for a small cameo appearance at 70-80 years old.

I also will return to the theater to see this. Small screen is not way too see a Kaiju flick.....

Imax or bust!

Also, I rewatched G14 today. It?s actually pretty good.....if not great. The human characters are decent, and Cranston is phenomenal.

Overall , it?s a pretty cool film, and even though we do not get a lot of Godzilla action, it?s very watchable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Speaking of 2014, there's a 4K release coming on March 23, I'm hoping to finally have a copy where I can see the night battles. They're not poorly lit as a whole, it's just very low in contrast and the special features show it's possible to have a proper contrast picture, so hopefully the 4K version clears that up.

I thought HDR makes darks darker but also brights brighter? Even if the actual 4K process doesn't enhance it perhaps the transfer they apply the 4K treatment too will be a better base.

It can't get much harder to see, so here's to hoping it's better. The actual camera views and all show a lot more of the fight than in KOTM, but the shots are just more hard to make out details in.

The problem is that there is no peripheral illumination to contrast the center battle scenes everything is bathed in darkness and grey debris

I’m super curious though to see myself cause right now 14 is a difficult transfer to work with.

52CA95F8-5D47-4F4A-8F90-4B792DD4CD37.jpeg

Unlikely, when they included Brooks in King of the Monsters they replaced the Kong Skull Island actor with an older actor, if they brought Weaver back for any reason, I'm sure they'd replace Larson too, no sense paying a big name like that for a small cameo appearance at 70-80 years old.

Yeah I figured as such, but no biggie. Still in awe these giant monster movies are getting in the domain, I still love the first Pacific Rim.

Dunno, the complaint about G14 looking too dark was never an issue for me.

I have calibrated my TV and it is easy to see the action.

I found the beginning of Black Panther (and other scenes) and the beginning of Captain Marvel awful dark.

When I saw BP in the theater you couldn?t tell what the hell was happening for the first 10 minutes. Theater manager said they were THX certified......more like THC certified

THX is audio, so that wouldn't have done anything for the image quality.

If you want the best quality image you can get at a theater go to one that offer Dolby Cinema

THX is audio, so that wouldn't have done anything for the image quality.

If you want the best quality image you can get at a theater go to one that offer Dolby Cinema

I know .....I walked away laughing.......mainly because it was a Disney film in Dolby.....

Back