Godzilla Collectibles Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is from Amiami. They have a very good price on ordering both, 9880 yen. Hobby Search was much more but Kong was already waitlisted.
FIGURE-123203.jpg
FIGURE-123203_07.jpg
FIGURE-123203_02.jpg

I've never liked the SHMA Legendary Godzilla figures for anything but the amount of articulation they have, but I'm not a fan of how they look overall, but Kong is stunning, great sculpt, beautiful job hiding articulation and a great job giving it articulation, must have.

Are those Bandai Spirit figures THE ones to get for best articulation and accuracy? Or is there another company that makes better ones? and would these figs be in line with the Bandai Spirit Pacific Rim figures?

The SHMA figures are the best articulated figures you're going to get. They're pricey, but unfortunately Playmates got the master toy license for this film and shut NECA down from production figures, otherwise we'd have NECA as an alternative, probably not as articulated or nice looking, but NECA would also have been 1/3 the cost.

The SHMA figures are the best articulated figures you're going to get. They're pricey, but unfortunately Playmates got the master toy license for this film and shut NECA down from production figures, otherwise we'd have NECA as an alternative, probably not as articulated or nice looking, but NECA would also have been 1/3 the cost.

ohhh right.. and been also looking.. is X-Plus also making any from this line? They seem to be excellent at making Godzilla toys.. well I think they are more statues right?

X-Plus will undoubtedly make stuff from this film, but their accurate pieces range from 10-18" in height and are space hogs, plus run $150+ and they are non-articulated vinyl pieces. They look better for lack of joints, so if you want something that looks best and have the space and funds, go with them, but if you want articulation go with SHMA.

X-Plus will undoubtedly make stuff from this film, but their accurate pieces range from 10-18" in height and are space hogs, plus run $150+ and they are non-articulated vinyl pieces. They look better for lack of joints, so if you want something that looks best and have the space and funds, go with them, but if you want articulation go with SHMA.

Ah thanks.. and it seems to me that this time around Godzilla won't be getting the atomic breath attachment? Quite odd? I see the King of the Monsters version has the atomic breath

Which sucks cause playmates are terrible at making figures.

Which sucks cause playmates are terrible at making figures.

What sucks is Playmates isn't producing collector level product and won't let anyone else. Their sculpts are decent for $11 figures. Unfortunately, I'm pretty sure they hate NECA and love the opportunity to cut them out.

Wow those shma figures look good! Looking forward to Kong, though I sort of wish they'd re-release or revamp the previous '05 King Kong as that one's my fav KK design.

Back