Godzilla Collectibles Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, it sucks. Waited a long time for it, then I have the tail issue. I heated it up so it was completely pliable, but it refused to even come close to fitting. I can't believe I didn't break it, since I was pushing so hard to get it in. I love Godzilla/X-Plus, and never had an issue before, but this one was ridiculous.

This is honestly the easiest tail insertion I've done with my X-Plus statues, how very surprising you're having trouble with yours. Perhaps try a different method? Try to push in the top bigger half into the hole first then force the bottom bit in while the butt area is very squishy soft, this is how I done mine. Make sure you put some force into it, don't worry about breaking it, these are soft vinyl they won't break easy.

So, I just ordered this big fella. I had to order through the X-Plus RIC site, as this figure is going to be a RIC Exclusive. I don't think my go to for X-Plus, Awesome Collector, is going to be able to get this one; at least for right now. Anyone else getting him?

Man I so wanted to get this big boy but Ric site won't ship to Australia :(. And now it's all sold out and I'm at the mercy of eBay silly prices.
Please show us some high res pics once you got yours mate.

Late to the party.

That KG looks like crap on the darker production piece meh. The much lighter tone was awesome.

That burning Godzilla is freaking gorgeous. WANT. Which means I can’t have ever lol

Really likin' he Neca 1933 Kong. Here's to hoping for a 1976 and Skull Island.
20201231_205525(1).jpg
20201231_205738(1).jpg

Very excited to see what XM would come up with, also didn't Prime 1 got their licence too?
Here's my newly acquired Gigantic Burning G19. Love how well it turned out.
1.jpg7.jpg8.jpg10.jpg6.jpg2.jpg

One mo'! I managed to recreate the swing!
20210106_120706(1)~4.jpg

Attachments

• 20210106_120531(2)~2.jpg
    20210106_120531(2)~2.jpg
    389.7 KB · Views: 126
I'm probably weird, where if I had to only pick one, I might pick the '76 movie. I love so much about it and would get basically any good collectible based on it.

I think a lot plays into what you grow up with. They span so much time that almost everyone had one as THEIR Kong. I was born in '83, so I grew up on watching the '76 and King Kong lives, only one store nearby even rented the '33.

I like and respect the '33 film and the achievement it is, but I'm not crazy about the design of the '33. The '76 is my most favorite design, with Legendary Kong being number 2. I don't care much for the 2005 because it feels too much like a typical gorilla design and not a movie monster.

I think a lot plays into what you grow up with. They span so much time that almost everyone had one as THEIR Kong. I was born in '83, so I grew up on watching the '76 and King Kong lives, only one store nearby even rented the '33.

I like and respect the '33 film and the achievement it is, but I'm not crazy about the design of the '33. The '76 is my most favorite design, with Legendary Kong being number 2. I don't care much for the 2005 because it feels too much like a typical gorilla design and not a movie monster.

Yeah I was boring in '82, so I'm there with you for the '76. I do have great memories of watching the '33 Kong on TNT and also Mighty Joe Young, so I loved the stop motion animation aspect of it. I still love the '33 but really enjoyed the interpretation of the '76 more. Glad they went a totally different way. Yeah the Peter Jackson movie is by far my least favorite in design and the movie. Knowing he loved Kong so much, the final product really didn't impress me.

Back