Godzilla Collectibles Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
anybody know where i can buy a godzilla puppet like that or any godzilla collectibles tho.

Ebay's been very good for me finding Godzilla stuff, the best stuff comes from Japan and other parts of Asia so you have to explore places like eBay, Amazon, anywhere you can find stuff from overseas for sale.

Yes, many of the Bandai Japan figures that were really expensive a few years back can be had for very cheap on ebay. You could start a very nice collection using ebay.

That R/C MechaGodzilla is unreal!!! I would be all over that :rock

And Ironwez... here's a review I did of the Medicom Godzilla. The pictures are pretty bad as it was from many years ago, but the figure in hand looks awesome.
RAH 1954 Godzilla Review

And a more recent pic:
ii.jpg

Not in retail... as its over 10 years old. But its not hard to find on eBay and I'm sure some shops might have old stock.

I wish the puppets were sold, but I'm not even sure if they are or just some artwork shown off at shows. I don't even care which suit it was based on, just having one that breathed like that would be so cool.

Congrats man. Beautiful. Really Looks much better in that pic :naughty

What a cool figure!!!, with the noname boy inside :D

And Ironwez... here's a review I did of the Medicom Godzilla. The pictures are pretty bad as it was from many years ago, but the figure in hand looks awesome.

And a more recent pic:
ii.jpg

I wish I could have gotten one of those for retail, the novelty of a guy in a suit is really cool, but for the eBay prices these days, the actual Godzilla design just doesn't do anything for me.

The RAH Godzilla in action :cool:

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/SN2ANvC9SNQ&hl=es_ES&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/SN2ANvC9SNQ&hl=es_ES&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Are you serious?!!
I first visited the store during a business trip to Chi-Town, and I was blown away!
I actually bought a few of the old Sideshow Universal Monster 8" figures there back in 2000!
Then I moved to Chicago, actually the 'burbs in Niles, but a friend of mine lived in Wicker park and we used to go there all the time...
I went to a couple of art shows (around the Coyote, i think) also @ the Flat Iron building and after that I went to the store too...
One day I stopped by and yep... it was closed... :monkey2

Are you from Chicago or just lived there?

Yeah I'm originally from Chicago. I moved to LA about 2 years ago. I would pretty much go to House of Monsters once a weak even if it was just to browse around. There was always new creepy stuff to look at. An yeah I got a lot of my 12" and 8" Sideshow Universal Monsters stuff from them too. But it was their Godzilla stuff that first drew me to the store.

Here are some of my most prized Godzilla figures.

X Plus Anguirus, Gigan, and Gorosaurus

DSC00181.jpg

DSC00182.jpg

DSC00183.jpg

Hey Boba Ben is the Gigan and the Gorosaurus the Bandai Museum figures? I don't remeber them making Anguirus. They are great figures! Is the Anguirus still available?

I actually thought it was X-Plus who made the Bandai Museum figures, but that was just an assumption. They sure looked way better than the regular bandai stuff and they had the X-Plus detail. I didn't know X-Plus had their own line of Godzilla figures.

I knew of a few they did through X-Plus USA that I have, but that line stopped, apparently, they're doing some high end 12" range stuff like BB's found. Ordering's open for their 2003 Godzilla, but it's over $200.

The RAH Godzilla in action :cool:

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/SN2ANvC9SNQ&hl=es_ES&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/SN2ANvC9SNQ&hl=es_ES&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Cool,
I think that is the version... arms are longer than mine and the mouth is more snarly.

I'll try to take some better pics in a day or so; its a really great figure and well worth the money if you are a 1/6 collector.

I was actually just thinking that it would be easy now to find a good 1/6 Asian headsculpt and body to replace the weak-ass combat Joe. Maybe even customize one to look more like the actual guy in the suit.

Back