Godzilla Collectibles Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's what I was thinking... I really wish they had released a Kong; I would have been in for the set :rock

Somewhat related, I really wish someone would make an accurrate statue or figure of the '76 King Kong, that's the one I grew up with and my favorite Kong design, but it's really not represented. X-Plus did a '33 Kong which I have, and Jackson's Kong was heavily marketed.

'33 Kong is really the only one I've ever liked. But I did enjoy the incredible cheese factor of the Versus version.

Wish I had been able to afford the Kong Amature when Sideshow first sold it... but at the time $500 seemed like crazy talk; oh how the times have changed :lol

I still keep hoping Sideshow might pursue a Godzilla license. I'm really surprised they haven't, maybe they have, but seems like a fairly well known and popular character. They could do some cool dioramas or maquettes of the various suits and foes.

If they did a proper maquette of the '54, '85 and or the '89/'91 suits, I'd but them without hesitation. Same suits, I'd buy Legendary busts of, the '89/'91 head would look especially nice in bust form with the double rows of teeth.

I could probably come up with a dozen diorams I'd love to see made too, probably 2 dozen if I really thought about it :lol

If they did a proper maquette of the '54, '85 and or the '89/'91 suits, I'd but them without hesitation. Same suits, I'd buy Legendary busts of, the '89/'91 head would look especially nice in bust form with the double rows of teeth.

I could probably come up with a dozen diorams I'd love to see made too, probably 2 dozen if I really thought about it :lol

The line could be endless and a great seller for SSC if done right . they need to aquire this license especially with the early roomers of a reboot. even if they did some kick ass model kits from those eras they would do well.

The RAH Godzilla in action :cool:

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/SN2ANvC9SNQ&hl=es_ES&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/SN2ANvC9SNQ&hl=es_ES&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

here is the other part of that video

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/ZOT0NTd56cg&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=ja_JP&feature=player_embedded&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/ZOT0NTd56cg&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=ja_JP&feature=player_embedded&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

Very excited, I was on a blog about Toho stuff and found this Prototype burning Godzilla from Marmit, man if they make it and produciton looks that good, that'll be a must get, I love the burning Godzilla and it's rare to find the burning and suit sculpt done right, the 4" Sakai I have is the best but I'd love to get this one too.

super06.jpg

Last edited:
Hey Boba Ben is the Gigan and the Gorosaurus the Bandai Museum figures? I don't remeber them making Anguirus. They are great figures! Is the Anguirus still available?

These aren't the Bandai Museum figures even those are really cool as well. I used to have the Bandai Museum Baragon and Gorosaurus. These figures are from a line called the Garage Toy series because they're based off of various highly detailed garage models and they're much bigger than the Bandai Museum figures.

I actually thought it was X-Plus who made the Bandai Museum figures, but that was just an assumption. They sure looked way better than the regular bandai stuff and they had the X-Plus detail. I didn't know X-Plus had their own line of Godzilla figures.

You are right. Bandai commissioned X Plus to make the Bandai Museum exclusive figures to sell at the Bandai Museum store.

Here's some pics of the Bandai Museum figures.

BMBaragon2.JPG

BMGigan1.JPG

BMGoro2.JPG

Pics belong to vinylmaddness.com

Well,
I ended up watching the original Gojira movie instead...
I'm only missing 7 of the 28 movies, so I think I'll watch them in order now... (not that it matters...)

Anyway,
here's my very small Godzilla Collection...
Enjoy!

DSC03599.jpg

DSC03600.jpg

DSC03601.jpg

DSC03603.jpg

DSC03604.jpg

DSC03606.jpg

DSC03607.jpg

I really dig how beefy the 2002 Godzilla was, especially the massive head, pretty cool design, a shame they abandoned it immediately. Of the 2000 era, 2003 vs Mechagodzilla is my favorite suit, before he had the wound on his chest like the end of the film, unfortunately my figure for that suit is the wounded version, but it's still cool, and one of the 8" tall ones.

Anyone know where i can find a Life-Size Godzilla suit? I've been looking for a while.

I stumbled across these pics and had to share. My Ultimate Grail.

DSC00839.JPG

DSC00833.JPG

Not really a collectible, but, some movie called Always 2 from Japan featured a CGI Godzilla cameo, Les found it over the summer but we thought it was some random fan thing but I just found it again online and where it came from. I always enjoy more Godzilla and not seeing the movies die out, he's like Bond, he has to keep going.

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/SEEXydQc9KE&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/SEEXydQc9KE&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Anyone know where i can find a Life-Size Godzilla suit? I've been looking for a while.

I stumbled across these pics and had to share. My Ultimate Grail.

DSC00839.JPG

DSC00833.JPG

That is all kinds of awesome... but a little creepy that people enter through his junk :lol

woo hoo !!!! just found this ...

https://frontrowreviews.co.uk/genres/action-adventure/godzilla-28-films-later/4560

Godzilla: 28 Films Later

By Luke.Woellhaf Published:
March 30, 2010

Posted in: Action/Adventure, News, Sci-Fi/Fantasy
Tags:
Godzilla, Legendary Pictures, Toho Company, Warner Bros.
It’s been 12 years since the enormous lizard demolished New York in Roland Emmerich’s western remake, which was Big G’s (as he is also apparently known…) twenty-second silver screen appearance. Since then Godzilla has graced Japanese cinemas six more times, most recently in 2004 with Godzilla: Final Wars. This brings Godzilla’s film credits to a grand total of twenty-eight, kicking Kong to the curb.

He's seen better days...
But if you all thought you’d completed your Godzilla collection (you know who you are), then think again. Warner Bros. and Legendary Pictures are looking to produce another massive monster flick and have just secured a deal with the grey reptile’s creators, the Toho Company Ltd.

While very little solid information is known at this point, the head of Legendary, Thomas Tull, had this to say: “Our plans are to produce the Godzilla that we, as fans, would want to see. We intend to do justice to those essential elements that have allowed this character to remain as pop culturally relevant for as long as it has.”

It is reasonable to predict that in line with most post-Avatar films, especially the CGI heavy ones, this Godzilla is likely to be produced in 3-D. Whatever else the film makers have in plan, let’s hope it’s better than what Emmerich gave us; a truly monstrous movie.

and this

https://www.aceshowbiz.com/news/view/00031592.html

'Godzilla' to Be Awakened in 2012

March 30, 2010 03:34:16 GMT

Though the 1998 U.S. remake of the film franchise failed at Box Office chart, Legendary plans to resurrect the giant monster with a new picture which is targeted for 2012 release.

Giant monster Godzilla is set to hit cinemas once again. Legendary Pictures has announced that they have nabbed the rights to create a new film based on the Toho's iconic character, teaming up with Warner Bros. which will co-finance and co-produce the upcoming project titled "Godzilla".

According to the press release, "Legendary intends to approach the film and its characters in the most authentic manner possible." The company also promises to announce a director to lead the new installment for the franchise in the near future while the movie is slated for 2012 release.

"Our plans are to produce the Godzilla that we, as fans, would want to see," Thomas Tull, Chairman and CEO of Legendary, said in a statement. "We intend to do justice to those essential elements that have allowed this character to remain as pop-culturally relevant for as long as it has."

Making its big screen appearance in 1954 Japanese film "Gojira", the monster was made into American movie "Godzilla" in 1998. Directed by Roland Emmerich, the science fiction film did not meet the studio's expectation after only raking in $44 million in its opening weekend instead of the predicted $90 million domestic revenue.

It's another American film though. After '98, I'm not holding my breath for them to do a true Godzilla movie, but I'm hopeful they might, i'd love to see a Japanese style Godzilla with American CGI and budget.

Back