Godzilla Collectibles Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Maulfan, is this your Godzilla collection :horror?

Really, aren´t you a fan?:rolleyes::D

Most of it, I acquired a few other pieces since that shot.

After years of hunting a good deal, I finally scored this '85 Godzilla model kit on eBay over the weekend, been a holy grail of Godzilla items for me, the '54 and '85 suits are my favorites. There are a number of pieces based on the '54 but don't quite capture it right, and the '85 suit isn't overly produced but I really like this Kaiyodo kit and have only seen 2 auctions prior for it and both way too pricey, but I finally snagged one.

kaigz84.jpg

I've also bought a West Kenji '85 model kit, and this Banpresto Godzilla 2000 (not my photo) plus a few other small pieces since that shot.

GZ-132-132a-7-500_2.jpg

I meant the statue/figures themselves. I want that!

Somebody posted those pics in the other Godzilla thread years ago but never said where they came from and it's been killing me since. :monkey2:banghead:lol

the kit is called Godzilla vs. Zilla (Zilla is the official Toho name for the American Godzilla. They felt the American version didn't qualify to have "God" infront of it) from a Japanese garage kit company called T's Facto. they make some really nice kits. according to their site this kit is no longer available.

https://www.tsfacto.ne.jp/MoreInfoWebPage/moreinfo_ts200603.htm

That's something else not pictured in my shot, all of the American Greetings Ornaments, can't have a Christmas tree without Godzilla on it :lol

I just ordered a 54 Kaiyodo so we shall see what happens

The Kaiyodo '54 is nice if you're looking for one you have to assemble, but if you're looking for a more accurrate '54, the Banpresto's fantastic, just comes ready to go.

1.jpg

Maulfan, are those 6" Godzilla figures up in front from the Bandai Memorial Box set?

Yes an no. I have some of Bandai's 6 inch figures from before the box set that were reissued in it, and some I acquired once the box set was released, mainly ones never before made, the greatest score being the 1985 figure that Bandai hadn't made in their modern lineup before. Looking back at what I spent on individual figures, I probably should have just bought the box and parted it out. At first I only got a couple, then as I got those, I made it sort of a mission to have a figure, in some size, to represent every suit of his over the course of all the films. The only look I don't have is the 93/94 style, which Bandai didn't make a figure of, might get some kit for it some day.

Yes an no. I have some of Bandai's 6 inch figures from before the box set that were reissued in it, and some I acquired once the box set was released, mainly ones never before made, the greatest score being the 1985 figure that Bandai hadn't made in their modern lineup before. Looking back at what I spent on individual figures, I probably should have just bought the box and parted it out. At first I only got a couple, then as I got those, I made it sort of a mission to have a figure, in some size, to represent every suit of his over the course of all the films. The only look I don't have is the 93/94 style, which Bandai didn't make a figure of, might get some kit for it some day.

yeah i missed out on getting the box set and severely regret it. I wanted the 1985 suit also. that's one of my favorite suits. I have tried tracking one down but its always too expensive. you've got a great collection.

Thanks. Yeah, good '85 stuff is hard to come by. The one I got from eBay was the first one parted out I'd found from the box set, I'm not even sure what I paid for it, but I was determined to get it and have treasured it since. Around the same time, I got the little 4" one that Bandai made, I can't think of the series but they did like all of his looks in 5" figures you slightly assemble. Not as detailed as their 6", but nice enough if you have a favorite suit and not many options. I also have a little diorama from '85 in a series of mini dios sculpted by Yuji Sakai for Bandai, it depicts him lifting the train from the start of his main attack in the film, really nice, I wish Sakai would do an '85 4" figure for the Bandai concepts series, I have the '54, '62 and '95 from that series and they're great. Sakai is an awesome Godzilla sculptor, he not only crafts the details nicely, but his poses really demonstrate an understanding of capturing the suit correctly, I have 4 pieces by him of the '54 suit, all my favorites.

does anybody have pics of the medicom godzilla , o yeah and whats the biggest godzilla figure to date, im thinking 20inches, does anybody know ?

There are some really big ones but they are also quite rare, I think the biggest I know of is like almost 3 feet tall based on the '89 design.

On average, Godzilla stuff falls within the 6"-12" range.

Thanks. Yeah, good '85 stuff is hard to come by. The one I got from eBay was the first one parted out I'd found from the box set, I'm not even sure what I paid for it, but I was determined to get it and have treasured it since. Around the same time, I got the little 4" one that Bandai made, I can't think of the series but they did like all of his looks in 5" figures you slightly assemble. Not as detailed as their 6", but nice enough if you have a favorite suit and not many options. I also have a little diorama from '85 in a series of mini dios sculpted by Yuji Sakai for Bandai, it depicts him lifting the train from the start of his main attack in the film, really nice, I wish Sakai would do an '85 4" figure for the Bandai concepts series, I have the '54, '62 and '95 from that series and they're great. Sakai is an awesome Godzilla sculptor, he not only crafts the details nicely, but his poses really demonstrate an understanding of capturing the suit correctly, I have 4 pieces by him of the '54 suit, all my favorites.

Yeah that 4" 1985 Godzilla. I have that one. It came in a set with 54, 62, 64, 85 and Burning Godzilla and Godzilla 2000. I got it cause it was the only 85 suit at the time. Isn't Yuji Sakai the one who sculpted that Banpresto 54' Godzilla that came in B/W and Brown? That was a great figure.

Yeah that 4" 1985 Godzilla. I have that one. It came in a set with 54, 62, 64, 85 and Burning Godzilla and Godzilla 2000. I got it cause it was the only 85 suit at the time. Isn't Yuji Sakai the one who sculpted that Banpresto 54' Godzilla that came in B/W and Brown? That was a great figure.

Yes, Sakai sculpted that Banpresto figure, which is the one I posted on the previous page, I love it.

https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2423883&postcount=28

He also sculpted these which I have, the quality he gets at 3-4" scale is unreal.

This one's about 3" tall.

yujig54.JPG

DGG54C04.JPG

This one's about 4-5" wide, but nice because it captures Godzilla the very first time he was seen in a movie.

Yuji%20Concept2-Godzilla54.jpg

These are the 4" Concepts figures, they're not mounted on the bases which is nice. I have the '54, '62 and '95 from this collection, the best '95 Godzilla I've seen.

godzillayujisakaisconceptworks.jpg

This is the '85 diorama Sakia sculpted that I have, about a 3" figure of him.

DCG8401.JPG

DCG8402.JPG

Wow!
Sean, you sure have a nice Godzilla collection!!!
:rock!!

When I lived in Chicago there was this amazing store called House of Monsters, that had
all sorts of Godzilla and Universal Monsters figures, movies and memorabilia...
I wanted to buy everything there!
They had huge Godzilla models that looked amazing...
Unfortunately they closed their doors a few years ago.

I've seen some large scale stuff from time to time at local conventions, but nothing like what I'd find in Chicago. I think yearly, I don't know for sure because I haven't been yet, there's a G-Fest in Chicago, I hope to get there one day, I think I'd really enjoy a con devoted entirely to Godzilla. I've been enjoying these movies since I was like 4 years old, still to this day have the very first Godzilla's I ever owned, 6" and 12" Imperial Godzillas and about a 10" purple knockoff which was my very first one before the Imperial ones were made.

In addition to figures and statues, I've also got 3 books just about the '85 film, one book that focuses just on the '54 and '55 films, and The Pictorial Book of Godzilla which covers '54 through '94. They're all great books for photos of Godzilla, and thankfully Les has some so i was able to ask him how good they were before just investing the money. I also have a few trading card sets and posters.

The Kaiyodo '54 is nice if you're looking for one you have to assemble, but if you're looking for a more accurrate '54, the Banpresto's fantastic, just comes ready to go.

1.jpg

i have seen that one a while back and lost the bidding war .

o yeah and whats the biggest godzilla figure to date, im thinking 20inches, does anybody know ?

check out post # 10 ... 20 inches don't nothin on that piece

Wow!
Sean, you sure have a nice Godzilla collection!!!
:rock!!

When I lived in Chicago there was this amazing store called House of Monsters, that had
all sorts of Godzilla and Universal Monsters figures, movies and memorabilia...
I wanted to buy everything there!
They had huge Godzilla models that looked amazing...
Unfortunately they closed their doors a few years ago.

Kuzeh! I used to live 2 blocks from House of Monsters in Wicker Park!
Yeah I used to go there all the time to get my Godzilla stuff especially bootleg VHS tapes of the latest films. That was a great store! yeah it was a sad day when they closed their doors.

Back