Godzilla Collectibles Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've seen some large scale stuff from time to time at local conventions, but nothing like what I'd find in Chicago. I think yearly, I don't know for sure because I haven't been yet, there's a G-Fest in Chicago, I hope to get there one day, I think I'd really enjoy a con devoted entirely to Godzilla.

They still have G-Fest in Chicago every year around July. It a really great small con. Lots of fun and too much to buy.

https://www.g-fan.com/html/gfest_xvii/gfest_xvii.html

Last edited:
It was a great con and the only official Godzilla con in America so they would get Directors, FX guys, actors who were in the actual movies.

I'm up in Milwaukee (so definitely close enough), and I've yet to attend a G-Fest. Life always seems to get in the way when the time comes. I'll try to give it a shot this year.

Kuzeh! I used to live 2 blocks from House of Monsters in Wicker Park!
Yeah I used to go there all the time to get my Godzilla stuff especially bootleg VHS tapes of the latest films. That was a great store! yeah it was a sad day when they closed their doors.

Are you serious?!!
I first visited the store during a business trip to Chi-Town, and I was blown away!
I actually bought a few of the old Sideshow Universal Monster 8" figures there back in 2000!
Then I moved to Chicago, actually the 'burbs in Niles, but a friend of mine lived in Wicker park and we used to go there all the time...
I went to a couple of art shows (around the Coyote, i think) also @ the Flat Iron building and after that I went to the store too...
One day I stopped by and yep... it was closed... :monkey2

Are you from Chicago or just lived there?

Epic Fail, Kuzeh!
I would love to attend G-Fest!

I have a few of the Sakai figures and love them to death. Extreme detail, totally affordable and ultra easy to display! LOL

The only "big" Godzilla item I have is this baby:
https://www.mdkits.com/model_kits/Godzilla/Other/real_hobby_godzilla.html

Sorry I don't have any personal pics of him and he's not on display at the moment. (Too much polystone!) But he is my pride and joy. My brother gave him to me as a graduation present in 1984. :D

Epic Fail, Kuzeh!
I would love to attend G-Fest!

I have a few of the Sakai figures and love them to death. Extreme detail, totally affordable and ultra easy to display! LOL

The only "big" Godzilla item I have is this baby:
https://www.mdkits.com/model_kits/Godzilla/Other/real_hobby_godzilla.html

Sorry I don't have any personal pics of him and he's not on display at the moment. (Too much polystone!) But he is my pride and joy. My brother gave him to me as a graduation present in 1984. :D

I know... :monkey2

:lol

First, my precious '85 Godzillas, the West Kenji model and the Kaiyodo model aren't in the shot because they're both unassembled, going to have the figuremaster build and paint them for me later. I consider myself very lucky to have these figures, those 2 kits, the books and lobby cards I have for Godzilla 1985, probably my most favorite Godzilla movie and definitely treasures of my collection. Followed closely by the original Gojira.

Bandai 6.5" (50th Memorial Box), Bandai 3.5" (Chronicles), and Bandai 2.5" (Complete Works)

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

My '54 collection.

Banpresto 11", Bandai 6" (G-15), Bandai 2.5" tall (Concept Works), Bandai 3.5" (Concept Works), Bandai 2.5" (Complete Works)

9.jpg

Just to show how amazing a sculptor Sakai is, check out the quality of these figures at 3.5" tall and 2.5" tall, mind blowing, they both are more accurrate and nicer than Bandai's 6" figure.

10.jpg

11.jpg

12.jpg

13.jpg

And something that seems to be a bit of a grail among Bandai figures, their 8" Godzilla 1991 suit figure.

14.jpg

MaulFan?
I've just been looking for the piece you have that is his first appearance ever. I'm really wanting it and am not finding it.

Help me? I guess I just need its official name or number...

help.gif

That diorama and a lot of wonderfully sculpted Godzilla items can be found doing searches for Yuji Sakai, a lot of things were done for Bandai, a Concept Works line and a Complete Works line that they did, both made up of dioramas and miniature maquette type figures.

All of my Sakai pieces rank high with me because they're just so well crafted.

I was actually amazed to see Bandai produce that, Godzilla was a waist up hand puppet for those first shots and it's rare to see anything based on the puppet from the '54 film, usually it's just the suit.

Super Premium Godzilla by Bandai. That's an 8" scale godzilla figure below him.

DSC00185.jpg

DSC00184.jpg

CCP Hedorah, 90s Godzilla Black and Burning Godzilla

DSC00186.jpg

Wow, lucky to have that huge one, though it's based on the 93/94 suit which I don't care much for so I'm not too bummed to not have it, just slightly :)

I would like to know the details on that black 90's one in the shot above though, who made it at least if you know, it looks really nice.

These 3 are kept for sentimental value, I know purple came first, the knockoff, then I got the 6" official one from Imperial, I do know the large Imperial was a gift for my 5th Birthday, have home video of me opening him and getting ecstatic. The 6" was nice, but some kids in school had large knockoff ones and I wanted a big one and thankfully I have awesome parents who tracked down the legit larger one for me.

15.jpg

And some different pieces I have, I wanted the Super X and Super X2 ships for my collection, and Bandai did a line of miniature vehicles, they're pretty much in scale with the respective figures I have from those films.

16.jpg

17.jpg

One piece I'd love to see done properly is a 60s Ghidrah, a lot of pieces are based on the 90s one or they're supposed to be the 60's but don't quite look right.

I Heart Gorosaurus

:love

He was probably the single most difficult to find figure I've ever purchased. He came out in December 08 and I missed him then. I scouted ebay and various Godzilla websites for an entire year before I finally lucked out and found one.

In honor of this awesome thread
I'm gonna watch a Godzilla movie tonight...
can't decide which though, between these two:

-Invasion of Astro Monster
or
- Ghidorah!

Last edited:
Back