Girls play with dolls, boys play with action figures?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i used to consider them action figures until i started customizing. i was redressing a figure one day when i stopped and thought "goddamn, this is so ghey". but i got over it and continued.

Same difference. "Action figure" was cooked up for GI Joe to make boys (and their dads) feel less self-concious about playing with dolls. I call them dolls all the time. :dunno

There all dolls in my opinion, always called them dolls and I am not ashamed! Well not too ashamed anyway

As a kid in the early 1970s, while my parents worked, I was kept by a lady who was a strict Baptist kind of woman. She was always very loving to me, but she and her family had strict "guidelines" as to what a "doll" was. Her son (and me) were not "supposed" to play with dolls. Only when GI Joe was called "action figure" did it become okay - and then, we were supposed to only play with male figures. Her son wasn't even allowed to have the Mego Zira figure because it was a female figure...I finally learned to leave any "dolls" I had at home. Apparently "Action Figure" is the more manly term - at least to Baptists.

They are referred to as action figures, but my non-collecting friends see them as dolls. :) LOL!!!

That's always a reality check for me, when they point it out like that.

Interesting topic.
I like to think of them as my posable collectibles, or even mini models. The Tumbler would never be considered a doll's ride ;) I act out scenes from the movies they represent not to recite any scripts but for photoshoots. But no matter what I say or do and how amazed my friends are to my wife these are DOLLS!!

Yeah I have to say I definetly say Action figures but I make jokes about "playing with my dolls" all the time. I really dont care, the only reason I joke about it is because non-collector friends would always make references to dolls and such. It doesnt really bother me call it what you will, but to me they'll always be action figures.

Aww, I call them my wee Dolly collection. :lol

*clutches her wee HT Joker to her chest* :rotfl

There's no difference if you call it action figure or a doll.

They are all "TOYS"!!! And toys are meant to be played with!

well I just remembered TDK Batman V1 was defeinetely NOT a toy for me but a collectible on display as I almost did not dare to touch it due to the sticky rubber. It's a bit better now with all the other figures but still these are works of arts and I am turning my home into a museum a la Madame Tuseau style

I refer to them as my Toys, but if anyone that comes in my house has a problem with my "doll" collection can GTFO!!!! Seriously, I've asked someone to leave my place before.

i personally like to play with my naked girlfriend..
but since were talking about something entirely different...
action figures are cool.
sometimes still play with the original star war figures in the bath tub.

Back