GI Joe Official Movie Publicity Photos - LARGE PICS!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
IGN gave this movie a 3.5/5 stars.

https://movies.ign.com/articles/101/1010243p1.html

The kicker though is that Paramount is not doing advanced screenings for critics, only a few "select" sites. :rolleyes:

https://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/32282929/ns/entertainment-movies/

Regardless of whether this is a good movie or not, pictures like this make it look like a SyFy-channel quality movie.

647f7af0-c22b-47f9-b89d-f1b51d223ed4.hmedium.jpg

Actually, that pic doesn't look that different from your "Syfy channel" signature. :lol

Well, I'm going to a certain movie this Saturday. The whole family is going (and I mean the WHOLE family, there are 11 of us going) so I didn't have much of a choice. I mean I've got an uncle coming up from Las Vegas to see it (and spend time with the family obviously). He was a HUGE GI Joe fan growing up so I'm interested to see what he thinks of this. I've been telling the family they ruined GI Joe, but nobody listens to me since my uncle is the GI Joe expert.

But at least by going, I can either be able to say the movie sucks as we all predicted or that it was at least tolerable. :eek:

Actually, that pic doesn't look that different from your "Syfy channel" signature. :lol

:lol Yeah, it's the "sombody came into the room and we are stopping what we are doing and looking up at said person" pose.

Guys, this will make about 235 mil. I'm serious. There will be lots of kids who are gonna think this is cool and go see it. And lots of people who have no idea and thinks it's the GI JOE they knew and loved.

Hisstank is dead to me.... :lol

G.I. Joe Rise of Cobra was fast paced well laid out punch to the face. Blink and you will wish you had a remote to rewind what you missed flying by you at Mach 6. From start to finish it's all action. Filled with Hi-Tech gear, weapons and vehicles that you would expect Cobra and G.I. Joe to deploy in battle. I was really surprised at how good this film turned out. It was fun and gives the next generation of G.I. Joe fans (you know the kids) a really cool updated look at "Our G.I. Joe."

The Baroness was my favorite character in the movie. Miller has the look, the walk, and the attitude down, but don't expect 80's voice acting. The Baroness got the last punch in, several of them as a matter of fact, poor Scarlett.

Joseph Gordon-Levitt as the Doctor and you know "who" was distracting at times due to the nature of his costume. In no way was his acting bad, and I think he did a decent job with the "infamous voice" but I do hope his costume gets a major upgrade in the next film.

Ray Park as Snake Eyes was a treat. Not only was he the fan favorite from the start he completely nailed it. Yeah, he was silent the entire film, but he had the mannerisms that fit perfect with the character. The suit was fine and the mouth really didn't bother me at all. However I hope, if we get a part 2, they take a serious look at "Resolute Snake Eyes".

Channing Tatum as Duke - He really did a great job in the film and had a ton of screen time. I watched Stop Loss and after that I knew he was going to be great for the role. I like how they made him ruff around the edges and not so pretty boy.

Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje - as Heavy Duty - There is a scene in the film where this guy is going mad cat out of the G.I. Joe Howler and bringing the noise! You don't get to see the aftermath in the trailer, wait for the complete scene.

Dennis Quaid as Hawk - at first I didn't think he was going to do a good job with this role. But as the film marched on he grows on you - and knowing is half the battle was well placed.

Byung-hun Lee as Storm Shadow - he was the biggest question mark for me going into the film. I really was not liking the very clean look we were seeing for our favorite Cobra Ninja, but somehow he kept the spirit and edge of the character alive while looking squeeky clean.

Rachel Nichols as Scarlett - a super smart version of her 80's counterpart that really did not bother me at all. The relationship or lack of between her and Ripcord basically came down to a good luck kiss and him flirting with her. Who cares get over it. She had several very cool kill scenes that will have every fan screaming Yo Joe!

Marlon Wayans as Ripcord - Yeah he flirts with Scarlett and gets a good luck kiss but drop the corny idea everybody has of his acting in the movie. He does have some one liners but he is a JOE and acts like one.

Saïd Taghmaoui as Breaker - I didn't like his use in the film and the eye-gadget was a little cheesy. He is a good actor but his role was small and really didn't make a huge impact in the films fast pace action.

Young Storm Shadow and Snake Eyes have a back story in the film. These two kids had a lot of fun kicking the ^^^^ out of each other and they got paid to do it. Some of you are going to have problem with this part of the film but try to keep an open mind as some things changed.

Christopher Eccleston AKA Destro, get your own board-name pal. He was super cocky and played the part of a more modern real world Destro. I was not overly impressed with the Nano-Mask he receives but it was not a complete disaster. Another costume that I hope gets a makeover next time around.

Stephen Sommers AKA the Director that has been hounded on the web for over a year now. He delivered the goods and hopefully will get the respect he has earned with this film. I had a brief chat with him at the premiere and he seemed like a down to earth guy that wanted us all to be happy with his work.

Do you notice the reoccurring theme in some of my character breakdowns? The next time around meaning part 2! I will place money where my mouth is that we see a sequel to Rise of Cobra. It was a fun movie to watch and updated the G.I. Joe Team to a modern movie going audience. The kids are going to eat this one alive. Good luck finding ROC action figures after this hits mass release. Hasbro and Paramount have yet another run away hit on their hands. By all means don't take my word for it. Go see it for yourself!

YO JOE!

If you have any questions on the movie at all, hit up the discussion thread and post them up, I will try to answer them as I can.

https://www.hisstank.com/forum/g-i-joe-news-rumors/49222-hisstank-com-review-gi-joe-movie-seen.html

Pretty much.

Devin Faraci from the film Web site CHUD.com is one of the few writers who have seen it for review purposes, and not just for junket interviews. He's among the critics who've contributed to the movie's 88-percent positive rating as tabulated by Rotten Tomatoes, saying: "If I was 10 years old, `G.I. Joe' would be one of the best movies I had ever seen."

How is that positive?! :lol

I think all these good reviews were payoffs, becuase if it was just alittle bit good they would screen it. No way this movie will be good, its a slap in the face to the brand. And I hope it bombs, I would never go see this crap.

I paid to see that garbage TF2, so Ill give this a crack, expectations are low so worst case I get to eat a bunch of junk

How is that positive?! :lol

Because I played with GI Joe toys and watched the tv show when I was ten and I want the movie to me feel that same sort of silly giddyness. Maybe GI Joe is something with far more depth and seriousness than this, I don't know. If this movie is as stupid as I was re-enacting my favorite stupid cartoon show scenes as I did when I was ten, then I really don't see how that could be anything but positive. But we're on a collectors forum where serious grown men collect series action figures, so I could understand the mix up. Some of the strictly GI Joe fan sites are more optimistic and less acerbic than folks on here and I've read a few reviews from hisstank, yojoe and gijoe hq that are positive so I take their word over conspiracy theories about AICN getting the hollywood dole, lol.

Just watched it. I went in with an open mind, willing to see this as I watched mummy, a lot of fun, good time popcorn action. I have to say even for this I was kind of disappointed. Don't get me wrong there are some exciting moments, lots of really unexpected violence like neo-vipers getting their heads blown off, people getting shot, storm shadow and snake eyes slitting throats, arrows in eyes, etc. but this is for the general public, not for Joe fans.

If you're one of those fans that have been bashing this since the initial trailers without even bothering to keep an open mind about it, I still think that's a silly, snotty attitude that a lot of you have had, especially poking fun at people that wanted to see this with an open mind, but still for your sake and the sake of humanity don't bother paying to see this, you'll be cursing and gnashing teeth, possibly ripping out theatre chairs and causing a scene. Having an open mind got me through this, just BARELY.

With that said here's a summation of positives and negatives:

* Baronness is quite sexy and badass. She has maybe 10-15 lines in the movie, no joke, but they're delivered somewhat decently. When she's bad she's bad, firing her ridiculous pulse guns blowing tanks up and smashing joes to smithereens. Also there's a great cat fight between her and Scarlett. When she's not so bad and ambiguous it's really hammed up and harped on. Really quite terrible. Baronness is an ex-radical turned evil badass terrorist. She's not
Spoiler Spoiler:
she's just plain evil. Really disappointing and badly done.

* The jokes and overall comic relief is actually not that bad. 90 % of it is a hit and some of it is actually kind of clever. Marlon Wayans was not that bad. Not good by any means but not terrible.

*Duke was actually the best, maybe not brimming with intensity but a believable soldier with well delivered lines. I liked Duke the best actually, maybe not so much as a character but acting-wise it's actually done well. I enjoyed him on screen much more than Wayans.

*Destro. When he's just McCullen he oozes an evil bond villain vibe that I really enjoyed. On top of that Eccleston is a top notch actor and he does a great job as a pre-Destro villain. I actually liked his scottish accent there was something charismatic and sinister about it at the same time. But when he dons his mask...well
Spoiler Spoiler:

*The Doctor. Interesting to say the most. It would have been really cool if he was just mindbender and Cobra was revealed as a completely separate character at the end, pulling the strings behind everything. Otherwise it was kind of disappointing.

The look I've always been totally fine with, and he did in a way capture the feel of Cobra Commander as a hammy, somewhat cowardly villain, but the voice....there was something really unsatisfying about it. It was wayyyy too deep. I'm not even sure if its actually Gordon Levitt or if it's another actor like Darth Vader or they just manipulated it beyond recognition. I don't understand any of the Chris Latta references.

There is only a trace of that in terms of the megalomania and ridiculous villainy that comes through in the voice. Towards the end the voice actually grew on me, especially considering that the voice acting (not the tone or sound but emotive aspect) was actually pretty decent....but when he puts on that clear mask...well he doesn't look terrible it's kind of an interesting take on CC's classic battle suit, but his voice changes into something resembling the deep guy that narrates movie trailers. Terrible. I wish they just let Levitt use his own voice as is, it would have probably been more appropriate.

I feel like that's enough for now. If you're curious check it out, it's a C-grade action movie with some decent fights and some decent action, nothing too spectacular though. I'd just wait to watch it on Blu-Ray in the comfort of your home if I were you. It had less idiotic humor, a better plot (hah) than ROTF but in no way was it more entertaining or epic. Terminator Salvation in my opinion beats them both in terms of story, action and acting. A sad summer.

Last edited:
laudanum09, did you mean Scottish when speaking about Eccleston's accent? ("I actually liked his irish accent") Or did they do the unthinkable, cast a Scotsman to play a Scottish guy but change him to Irish? :confused:

oh I'm sorry he's Scottish, forgive the mistake and it's a bad one. I'm korean and I get kinda ticked when people automatically assume I'm Chinese or Japanese without asking, and they even mentioned in the movie. My bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back