Games you can't beat for some reason?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jameson Rook

Super Freak
Reaction score
What are those games that you always wanted to beat but can't (aside from being too difficult, you disliking it, or lost of interest). It could be anything such as the game reminds you of an era of your life you don't want relive, or simply that the writer of that game so happens to be your bully from high school. Post here!

For me among them are Fatal Frame II. I love that game but the Japanese horror is too much for me and I chicken out halfway, Ughh!

Red Dead Redemption. It's such an incredible game, but I keep holding it off because of laziness. Not that I've lost interest in it at all.

Red Dead Redemption. It's such an incredible game, but I keep holding it off because of laziness.

I really gotta try RDR, keep hearing good things about it.

If we're counting laziness then I'll add FFVIII, FFX and XIII to the list, I really want to beat them to at least know the story but all those gameplay hours are intimidating.

I know what you mean. I still haven't beaten a single FF game, even though I own all of the games :lol.

What are those games that you always wanted to beat but can't (aside from being too difficult, you disliking it, or lost of interest). It could be anything such as the game reminds you of an era of your life you don't want relive, or simply that the writer of that game so happens to be your bully from high school. Post here!

For me among them are Fatal Frame II. I love that game but the Japanese horror is too much for me and I chicken out halfway, Ughh!

I beat all the FF games on PS2, definitely the cream of the crop with horror games by far.

Fable II, because it was an ugly game. Bully, because I lost intrest. Dino Crisis one I started it and I actually finished it, 3 years later... I was too lazy to go around looking for keys and stuff back then.

Oh and one RE game, forgot its name I think it was dead aim or something like that, a bad RE4 rip off I gave that away.. terrible terrible game

I think one game I never was able to beat was The Oregon Trail. Everyone was dying of exposure within 3 days and all my Oxen starved to death.

cant seem to beat e.t. for atari, every screen looks the same. what are these glowing dots at the bottom of these pits? why can i raise my head and why does it make a weird sound when i do? i dont know where i am!!!! HELP!!!! what is the purpose of this game and does it ever end?

Here are two more from me:

Portal 2 and Kingdom Hearts. I was playing them just around the time my Grandmother passed away in April.

Here are two more from me:

Portal 2 and Kingdom Hearts. I was playing them just around the time my Grandmother passed away in April.

I'm sorry to hear that Solidus. Never played Portal (heard it's great) but Kingdom Hearts is simply superb.

If I were to be serious for a moment..

I think that given sufficient time, you'll eventually find the will to touch those games again without any emotional association, but that being said, they're just silly silly games and shouldn't by any means evoke difficult times for you. I too lost someone very dear to me literally when I was playing Driver 2 for the PS1 so I can relate, I don't know if I could ever touch that game again.

End of being serious. :duff

Ninja gaiden 2 to damn hard
MGS peace walker lost interest

Loosing interest doesn't count otherwise we'll have a gajillion titles here. :lol

You're right about Ninja Gaiden, my buddy was so furious that he snapped the disc. I've never played any of them, are they really that hardcore?

MGS: VR Missions. I got stuck on one of those puzzles where you solve the murder and I couldn't figure it out. Mind you this was at time of release :lol

Never could finish Men In Black for the PSone. Got stuck on the snow part.

Lost interest in Skyrim, just too much to do.

Lost interest on Donkey Kon g Country returns

MGS: VR Missions. I got stuck on one of those puzzles where you solve the murder and I couldn't figure it out. Mind you this was at time of release :lol

:exactly:
We got trolled real good back then. :lol

Has anyone played Silent Hill 4? I think the game is okay, nowhere near as good as the first 3 but it's deliciously dark and haunting. I recall my neighbor actually fainted playing it and some of my friends admitted being too scared to beat it.

:exactly:
We got trolled real good back then. :lol

Has anyone played Silent Hill 4? I think the game is okay, nowhere near as good as the first 3 but it's deliciously dark and haunting. I recall my neighbor actually fainted playing it and some of my friends admitted being too scared to beat it.

Only played the demo, couldn't even finish that :lol

Back