Media Games you used to love but don't anymore?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jameson Rook

Super Freak
Reaction score
What are the games you used to adore but can't seem to relive that memory anymore? Games that you were fond of but changed your opinions as time passes?

For me it's Metal Gear Solid 4 and the Tony Hawk series. MGS4 was everything I wanted in life, but as time passes I realized it was sloppy, ill conceived and in poor taste. Tony Hawk has also gone down the toilet, from being that game everyone had to play to just being a footnote in a vast library of forgettable games.

Arkham City.

It's a blast for the first two times, then reality hits... hard.

GTA series, call of duty series, Halo series, battlefield series, mortal kombat series, tekken series (stopped at 5) only thing I still play is Battlefront but even that is getting stale. I'm starting to go back to the retro classics NES SNES

The newer Spyro games pre-Legend and Skylanders. Don't think I really realized how bastardized those games were.

Both Sonic Adventure titles, they have not aged that well compared to other games before it. They're fine, but something....happened.

Call of Duty as a whole even before the annual release stuff.

What are the games you used to adore but can't seem to relive that memory anymore? Games that you were fond of but changed your opinions as time passes?

For me it's Metal Gear Solid 4 and the Tony Hawk series. MGS4 was everything I wanted in life, but as time passes I realized it was sloppy, ill conceived and in poor taste. Tony Hawk has also gone down the toilet, from being that game everyone had to play to just being a footnote in a vast library of forgettable games.

MGS 4 is the biggest example I can think about, myself. I really liked it up until 2010, then after Peace Walker happened, I started to take a long, hard look at the series as a whole.

But, aside from MGS with its sloppy narrative, I tend to like all of the games that I've liked in the past :lol. Recently, I've been going back to some of my old Genesis games, too.

Ugggh Tony Hawk....a series I don't think anyone expected to do as well as it did, and to be as great as it was. Pro Skater 5 is a mockery and insult to the series, and the fans who grew up with it. I feel like the series started to lose luster from its competitors adding a lot of ideas, and the developers not knowing how to diversify the series

Battlefield. I use to spend hours playing these and haven't been able to enjoy one since 3. Even that one was a chore at times.

Gears of War. Used to be addicted to this game and can't really stand it anymore. People just exploit every glitch, used model controllers and so on. Just isn't fun anymore.......plus the old host advantage made it intolerable.

As far as I'm concerned regarding the thread topic, I haven't hit that wall yet.

I've probably played through the Tomb Raider series in a very unbalanced way over the last few years; giant binges, then nothing for months - across all the games (bar the new one) in no real organized order. That might be the closest I've come so far.. but I'll always be a huge fan of the first five.

Last edited:
Back