Media "Game of the Year" Discussion Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nowhere near done yet, but I can already tell Dragon Age: Inquisition will be my best of 2014.

Mordor was fantastic, surprised by no nomination for that, and the lack of Destiny ones :lol

My vote would have to go with Pokemon. I know I might be solo on this, but they did a fantastic job with bringing back from the original as well as the music is so fantastic. Very well done. A lot of great features, definitely contains my interest.

Alien Isolation for me! Nothing else came close.

Hell I think most the games I’ve played this year have been "Remastered" for the new systems :dunno

Mordor was fantastic, surprised by no nomination for that, and the lack of Destiny ones :lol

My vote would have to go with Pokemon. I know I might be solo on this, but they did a fantastic job with bringing back from the original as well as the music is so fantastic. Very well done. A lot of great features, definitely contains my interest.

Which Pokemon game was that?

Imo best game i played all year was TLOU on ps4

I really have to play it. Heard the frame-rates and graphics have really been improved over the PS3 version.

Alien Isolation for me! Nothing else came close.

Hell I think most the games I’ve played this year have been "Remastered" for the new systems :dunno

Nice! One more vote for Alien :duff.

Yeah, this is definitely the year of Remasters.

Alien Isolation in terms of new games. TLOU Remaster is still the best game though overall though IMO. Far Cry 4 is a contender. Bit too much like 3 though.

Imo best game i played all year was TLOU on ps4

:rock While I spoiled my Xmas present my wife confirmed that she got it for me as an Xmas present when Itold her I might have to run to Best Buy to get it at that $24.99 price someone mentioned in here.

~~And I keep watching your signature. One of my favorite movies when I was growing up. I take it you're planning on getting the Hot Toys figure?

I love Last of Us, but I can't vote for it as this year's GOTY. It is easily on of if not the best game released last gen. But I can't give it props for an HD transfer to this gen. That's why Dragon Age gets my vote.

MGSV and the new Batman game

I love Last of Us, but I can't vote for it as this year's GOTY. It is easily on of if not the best game released last gen. But I can't give it props for an HD transfer to this gen. That's why Dragon Age gets my vote.

Ugh that game... it makes me so upset.

sad-gif3.gif

Its the kind of politically correct game that most journalists use to "legitimize" games to the media

To think the original concept of TLOU was called "Mankind" and the game was all about killing every last WOMAN in the world (because the virus only affected women) I wonder what Dr. Freud would say about a man who fantasizes about outwitting and destroying the female sex... :lol

Thats not even what bothers me anyway, but oh well, I'll take anything that isn't CoD

Last edited:
Back