Media "Game of the Year" Discussion Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Neither will I.

Evil Within was a great surprise. That gets my vote!

I actually own the first two Smash Bros and I thought they were just okay, but not where near GOTY material. But that's my opinion.

You vote Evil Within? Most people around here thought that was a bust. I wouldn't know, hadn't played it yet.

I actually own the first two Smash Bros and I thought they were just okay, but not where near GOTY material. But that's my opinion.

You vote Evil Within? Most people around here thought that was a bust. I wouldn't know, hadn't played it yet.

Yeah. Aside from GTA V (ps4) I haven't played anything else. I didn't expect anything from Within, but it was a great surprise. In all honesty though, there hasn't been anything great this year imo.

Yeah. Aside from GTA V (ps4) I haven't played anything else. I didn't expect anything from Within, but it was a great surprise. In all honesty though, there hasn't been anything great this year imo.

I have yet to play Alien, but I agree it's been a pretty meh year of gaming all around.

I have yet to play Alien, but I agree it's been a pretty meh year of gaming all around.

I'm hearing Alien is awesome. Will def pick it up when it gets to $20.

Only full price games I'm seeing myself paying for on the horizon are AK (Collectors edition) and MGS5.

Yeah I think Arkham Knight will be GOTY for 2015 without a doubt, even with The Witcher 3, Uncharted 4, Project Cars, and Rise of the Tomb Raider...... and Halo 5

although I imagine I will spend most of 2015 playing modded GTAV on the PC and admiring my Mass Effect statues :rotfl, oh and watching Age of Ultron 500 times in the theater

Yeah Alien Isolation gets my vote, but why so skimpy on the nominees, I don't even see Shadow of Mordor :dunno

That's what I picked. I haven't had a chance to dive into Alien yet. Mainly because I haven't had a chance to setup my surround sound system since I moved. I feel like that is a requirment to get the full experience from the game.

That's what I picked. I haven't had a chance to dive into Alien yet. Mainly because I haven't had a chance to setup my surround sound system since I moved. I feel like that is a requirment to get the full experience from the game.

I know you're a big Alien fan, so I was surprised that you didn't play Isolation yet :lol. Yeah, you definitely need surround speakers (or at least, a good surround headset) to fully experience the horror of the game. There's even a sound option for "Full Dynamic Range", and I haven't seen that with a lot of games.

And like a lot of you guys have said, this year has been pretty lackluster with releases. It's a shame that the biggest things to come out on the consoles were the remastered editions of TLOU and GTA V. Both are fantastic, but there's definitely a need for newer, original games.

Dark Souls 2 came out this year right? :lol. Unfortunately nothing else caught my interest. If AK came out this year, then my PS4 wouldn't be collecting dust.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dark Souls 2 came out this year right? :lol. Unfortunately nothing else caught my interest. If AK came out this year, then my PS4 wouldn't be collecting dust.

Yeah, it was released earlier this year, I'll list it up :lol. There are hardly any games for the PS4 right now, aside from Assassin's Creed, Alien: Isolation, The Evil Within, and a few others. I'll be picking mine up with a bundle when either Arkham Knight or TPP get released.

I've probably logged something like 120-130 hours on Dark Souls 2 / DLC. Crazy. I've never been hooked like that since Dark Souls 1 and Demon Souls. The graphics my not be great compared to the next gen stuff, but the gameplay is top notch. I can't wait for Bloodborne next year, and I might just double dip on DKS2 for the PS4.

I may bite on DA: Inquisition though. Hopefully someone will get it for me as a Christmas gift. :pray :lol

Great thread guys!

I was surprised by just how much I enjoyed playing Alien Isolation. I was expecting to like it, but I absolutely LOVED it! However RPG's have always been my favourite genre, so I've been having an absolute blast playing Dragon Age Inquisition. So Dragon Age has my vote for personal GOTY. Reading through this thread made me realise what a slow year it's been though. My only other runner-up would be South Park: The Stick of Truth, which I also had a great time playing. I wish it had come out for the next gen consoles though.

Far cry 4 is outstanding, definately my game of the year

I know you're a big Alien fan, so I was surprised that you didn't play Isolation yet :lol. Yeah, you definitely need surround speakers (or at least, a good surround headset) to fully experience the horror of the game. There's even a sound option for "Full Dynamic Range", and I haven't seen that with a lot of games.

I know. I feel ashamed to admit it, but I just want to wait until I get my man cave speakers set up. Right now I just have the center channel hooked up, but I plan on getting everything else hooked up on the christmas break.

Back