Furiosa (May 24, 2024)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They could at least use realistic dummies or something. That's what I always loved about the Indiana Jones movies, watching all the dummies flop around when they'd crash vehicles and stuff.

What’s even worse was a simple close up scene of just Chris Hemsworth driving his monster truck was him in a digital space it looked horrible, just gross for a MM movie.

:horrorOuch it’s looking really bad:horror

Say goodbye to the MM franchise.

IMG_9465.jpeg

Last edited:
Max is literally chained up useless and just barely hanging on for dear life all he can do is look!

Boss Furiosa free and fierce and in control.

Look at Max’s face, he is pooping in his pants!

Look at Furiosa’s face, unstoppable bad ass zero fear!

It’s not even subliminal messaging anymore

I even loved Anya Taylor Joy as Furiosa way more than Charlize!

IMG_9466.jpeg

Last edited:
Well clearly that giant marketing blitz was a waste of time. Lol

Although I really don't think it had anything to do with being a prequel. I think it's more that not enough people saw Fury Road to begin with, plus the fact it's not exactly the kind of family-friendly movie you want to take your kids to on Memorial Day weekend.

Or maybe people just got sick of it after the thousands of interviews and videos popping up everywhere the last few weeks.

Although I really don't think it had anything to do with being a prequel. I think it's more that not enough people saw Fury Road to begin with, plus the fact it's not exactly the kind of family-friendly movie you want to take your kids to on Memorial Day weekend.

Or maybe people just got sick of it after the thousands of interviews and videos popping up everywhere the last few weeks.
Honestly, the big holiday weekend film events are dead...But studio execs refuse to change the program. People just are not willing to go sit in a theater on a long holiday weekend and spend 100 bucks BEFORE snacks ....

I have noticed a lot of these films (Fury Road included) do not get traction till word of mouth gets around...which is often way to late to do much for box office numbers.

But I think you all agree. Fury Road, has probably made more on residuals and merch sales in the past 12 years than box office could provide.

Hell , even the weather across the country has an effect on first weekend box office.

Not amazing but we love Furiosa more in Oz clearly … the 3 Imax sessions today … still 5 hours before the first session, these could still sell out.

View attachment 704503
View attachment 704504
View attachment 704505
That poor single lonely person in the bottom 2 sessions though … they will have sore necks.
I used to go to the movies alone for a time. Now being that single lonely person is too painful (sore neck not withstanding). Even though there have been movies I've been curious about, I can't bring myself to go see them anymore.

I used to go to the movies alone for a time. Now being that single lonely person is too painful (sore neck not withstanding). Even though there have been movies I've been curious about, I can't bring myself to go see them anymore.
I’m going to see Furiosa and Deadpool by myself. I was going to see with friends but they kept jerking me around with the session times. They might still come but probably won’t be sitting with me at the Imax Apex™️ lol.

Not to mention we live in a time where short-term media is the norm, tiktok, reels, shorts etc. 18 year olds these days don’t have an attention span or even want to waste 2.5 hours on a film with choppy CGI that can’t hold their attention. Dune had the long runtime but was relevant with the stars in it, the effects from the trailers looked amazing etc. this movie has none of that going for it.

The soundtrack from MM2 I put in the same epic category as the music from SW, Indy, STM, Jaws, Good Bad Ugly, CTB, Predator, Godzilla, Halloween, Exorcist, The Thing, Robocop, Terminator and Aliens it is so underrated and under appreciated.

What makes it so epic is that just like with the other greats you can picture the exact scenes in your mind where the music plays.

The soundtrack from MM2 I put in the same epic category as the music from SW, Indy, STM, Jaws, Good Bad Ugly, CTB, Predator, Godzilla, Halloween, Exorcist, The Thing, Robocop, Terminator and Aliens it is so underrated and under appreciated.

What makes it so epic is that just like with the other greats you can picture the exact scenes in your mind where the music plays.

Brian May (not that one the other one) did a ton of great Aussie genre scores in the seventies and eighties

For a franchise known for its low budget gritty stunts and backdrops Furiosa is pretty off putting at times especially with all of those digital war boys falling off vehicles, yuck.

Look I get it Hollywood today isn’t the Australian out back gorilla style seat of your pants filmmaking circa 1978.

Today there are labor laws, OSHA, liability, insurance, lawyers, unions, workers comp, lawsuits etc etc you can’t place stunt men in harms way anymore no less actors like George Miller and Byron Kennedy did in MM1 and MM2 everyone has to be harnessed up during practical stunts.

Hell even by Beyond Thunderdome the safety restrictions and requirements were already more strict than just a few years earlier with Road Warrior.

Miller has stated that he is lucky that no one died making MM1 and MM2 as it is now stunt men still die.

But digital stunt men falling off vehicles just seems wrong in a MM film.

Sigh.

Miller's not getting any younger, maybe he's in a hurry to get this and The Wasteland out.

Also, I guess the Hemsworth/Taylor-Joy star power isn't enough.

Last edited:
Back