Freaks Fantasy Sports Leagues

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Freaks Fantasy Football League

Well.... seems this is more popular than I thought it would be. We are getting into not everyone having a backup QB now so one thing that was mentioned was to have two different leagues of 10 teams each (or up to 16 each if we get THAT many total.) We may have to think this out a little and see what everyone wants to do.

Yeah 10 per league should be the max. If you lose one player due to injury in a 12+ league your fantasy year is over.

I think being commissioner I'd have to be in both. Maybe make Freaks AFC and Freaks NFC leagues and yeah mix a few rookie GM's into each one. I'm not sure when registration actually starts (probably sometime in July I'd guess) so we'll get it all figured out in time.

I'd play but I have no idea how...

There are a few other rookies here.... if you want to play I'll find you a place.

And I know everyone says 10 teams max per league but I am fine with up to 14. You can't make it so everyone has their entire team full of stars.

I don't like the smaller leagues myself. It is too easy if you keep the top tier players on waiver. The more teams you get, the more challenging it is. THEN it gets fun to plug and play.

My league is 14 right now and I hate that it is not 16 or more.

20 teams would really make for a challenging league.

I wish I could get in with you all. This would be great with 20 teams.

I finished 2nd in my 20 team league last year. 12-1 in the regular season, sailed through the playoffs but in the championship game I lost to a guy who had just about all the Saints and of course that week they scored like 35 so I got killed. :(

I think 20 may be a little too many for this first go around here. Maybe next year when the rookies know the flow better we can go to more teams but for now I'd say around 14 per league is fine if we get enough to do that. And Cruel if you want to play (even if its only 14 teams) I can add you to the list.

Thanks, DM. I am monitoring the situation closely. I would love to play with the freaks. But at the time, I am committed pretty fully. And I may have to manage my brother's teams this year as well. If things clear up in time for me, I'll get in! But do not hold a space for me unless I give you an absolute "yes".

I play in two other leagues for money. I'd be happy to do this one for bragging rights only.

Ok guys Yahoo opened up registration so we can start getting some things finalized before we start.

A. We will need two leagues (American Freaks Conference and National Freeks Conference :)) and I'd like to have at least 12 teams per league so we need 4 more people (I have to be in both so thats 20 total we have now.) If not we can stick at 10 but thats a last resort.

B. I'll use the standard default scoring in both leagues so we don't need to worry about that.

C. I was thinking the usual QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, TE, K, DEF starting lineup. If you guys want to have actual defensive players we can do that too which would add a DB, DL, D.

D. I am going to set up live drafts which should make everyone happy. If you cannot make your draft (or you just don't want to do it that way) you can pre-rank your players and the computer will pick them for you.

Those are the only things I can think of that we need to figure out right now so let me hear it.

I'd say NO individual Defensive players. I've done it before in my league and there's so many to go around it just seemed pointless.

But I'll do what I'm told ! Just wanna get in.

^^ good point, IDP's can be a pain and if people are playing for the first time we should keep it simple so they don't get too overwhelmed...

Latest posts

Back