For Sideshow or Anyone - Is Schlitzie Sideshow Made?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kodiak8658

Super Freak
Reaction score
eBay Item number: 160103224896

Here's what's in the description:
Here is a rare resin model celebrating the legacy of Schlitzie the Pinhead, released back in 1997 by Sideshow, Inc. - their very first resin model, produced before the onslaught of toys and statuary that followed over the next decade.

Is this TRUE or FALSE?

True. Sideshow released garage kits in the 90's before breaking into the action figure/statue biz. I'll post some pics and old fliers if I find where I stored them.

I have hundreds of fliers and photos from my garage kit days. Here a quick add from Side Show.

wookilar8den077.jpg

I'll post more as I find them.

holy cow! I have that zombie (letter "e") in the first photo - somewhere in my house .. I got i off eBay, but it arrived with a broken off hand, and I never got to getting it fixed.

This kit was very popular in it's day. It has been discussed here on this board a few times. This is actually a 2 page pamphlet on heavy stock paper. I cut it in half for my garage kit album that I put together.

wookilar8den088.jpg

wookilar8den090.jpg

wookilar8den089.jpg

wookilar8den091.jpg

Before I got a computer, I use to make albums of my different hobbies. I've got picturial albums of Megos, movie posters, action figures, Kenner Star Wars & garage kits. Now my collections are kept in my computer and it's alot easier to maintain.

Hey look what I found. This is an article about airbrushing Geometric's Pumpikhead: The Metamorphosis model kit.

wookilar8den097.jpg

Before SSC's Creative Director Tom Gilliland designed action figures, he was very well known in the world of Garage Kits. He is a master painter and long admired for his work with garage kits and movie special effects.

wookilar! Thanks for the run through memory lane. I remember those all very well since thy were done well before hi tech computers.

Yes, schlitzie was one of our first! Hur rah!

Best,
C

SideshowDusty said:
Woah, check out the hair on Tom!! Nice :google

What are you talking about Dusty? His hair is just as long now... OH! you meant on top of his head, not his mustache!!! :rotfl j/k Tom... really!

kodiak8658 said:
eBay Item number: 160103224896

Here's what's in the description:
Here is a rare resin model celebrating the legacy of Schlitzie the Pinhead, released back in 1997 by Sideshow, Inc. - their very first resin model, produced before the onslaught of toys and statuary that followed over the next decade.

Is this TRUE or FALSE?

Holy cow!!! Just last year, I bought two Schlitzies from Sassy's for $29.95 BIN!!! They had like six for sale at that time. What a difference a year makes! This one finished at $134!!! :google

Re: For Sideshow or Anyone - Is Sideshow Made?

The Cyberforce figures by Mattel were also from Sideshow...as well as Street Sharks.:lol

And to correct a great injustice...Schlitzie is often referred to as "he" when in fact she was a SHE!

Back