First 1/6 figure you saw

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xipotec

Super Freak
Reaction score
For Memorial Day, let?s talk about the first 1/6 scale figure you saw, you know the one that turned you into the crazed collector you are today?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I first saw the Hot Toys Captain America: TFA figure and knew that I had to complete the MCU trinity.

But all it took my coworker asking "Where's Black Widow?" for things to go irrevocably off the rails.

Cool thread!

For me it was HT Dutch back in the day. I think I got him around 2010 after seeing him on display in a comic book store. It was around that time when Hot Toys was really pumping out the classics.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hot Toys Xmen Origins Wolverine. Saw it at my LCS. Didn't even know what Hot Toys was, but I was so amazed. I saved up just enough money and prayed it was still there when I walked in to buy it. It was there and that was all she wrote for me.

High end first 1:6 I saw was SS Ep3 Obiwan Kenobi product page shots. What a rabbit hole I fell down. :lol

My first one I actually saw in hand was the one, my now wife, purchased back in 2011 at Long Beach Comic Con, it was a 442nd Siege Battalion Clone Trooper. She ended up buying it from a vendor there for $80 and I was pretty impressed, I had seen the figures online but not in person and that kicked it off for me.

Kenner 14 inch Large Action Figure Darth Vader. I saw it at a toy show that came to town when I was 12. Fell in love with 1/6 collecting immediately. The first high end figure was Medicom RAH Jedi Luke. The prototype looked really cool at the time. The production figure was crap. As a bonus, my first Hot Toys figure was Rambo from Last Blood part 2. The rubber body was quite an achievement at the time. Incidentally, I plan on selling that one soon.

Mine was the Kenner too. As an adult, it was the RAH Vader, but before I got it, Sideshow started making them. I wasn’t a fan at first, but I decided it would be cool to get my brother Jedi Luke for Christmas. Once I saw the figure in person, I wanted ROTS Anakin and Obi-Wan. I was going to stop there. Turns out they were too easy to buy. Not long after, Sideshow was making Lord of the Rings figures and resistance was history.

I think the first 1/6 figure I saw was Medicom's RAH Old Snake from 2008. The reviews from Pitu and Ray (aka. SOLIDSNAKE) of the figure were what eventually turned me onto 1/6 collecting. I actually still have Pitu's old review video saved on my favorites on YouTube :lol

1979 Kenner Large Size Boba Fett Action Figure. Fell in love with the figure at a buddy's house though since he had no enemies to fight we had to raid his sister's Barbie collection so that Ken could experience the full might of all of Fett's weapons, lol.

Aside from that moment I was all about the 3.75 inch at that age and it wasn't until SSC's Jedi Luke in 2006 that got me into collecting these as an adult.

I think Aragorn from Sideshow might've been my first. Was the LOTR line of SS before the SW ones? Was either Aragorn or Luke that I clearly remember having a lot of interest in. Others came after those 2 in each respective line I believe.

Edit: Cooltoyreview has the years and both Luke ROTJ and Aragorn were released/Po'd in 2006.

I bought a RAH stormtrooper after seeing one at a mate's house. Great to pose... apart from the scale and brittle plastic those RAH bodies were a lot of fun.

It would probably have been a Palitoy Action Man, seen at our local toy shop. As a child I regarded them as the king of toys.

The first 1/6 I actually owned would've been a figure my mother bought from a jumble sale. I'm pretty sure it was the Marx Blue Knight, because I have such a vivid memory of the figure. He was missing all of his accessories though.

This guy:

Marx-Reissue-Sir-Brandon-The-Blue-knight-with.jpg

The photo is of the reissue, but I had the original.

I also remember a Marx Best of West figure without accessories, then a pair of original GI Joes, which lead to a big collection of Action Man.

Later there was a Cylon Warrior.

I grew out of the figures, but something about 1/6 being the king of toys stuck with me, as around the year 2000 I discovered Dragon and BBI and became hooked again. Since then the obsession has taken hold.

Epic thread! I clearly remember this kid on my bus when I was in 2nd or 3rd grade bringing the original Kenner 12 inch Han and Chewie on the bus. I had the 3 3/4 inch figures to play with but these were my two favorite characters at the time and they were BIG! I never got the 12 inch as a kid but did about 20 years ago when I set out to get all the 3 3/4 and 12 inch vintage figures. I think the first 1/6 I saw as an adult was when they revitalized the Star Wars line with the Power of the Force figures and I believe it was the 12 inch Vader and Kenobi. The first one I absolutely had to buy was the Fett from that Power of the Force era...and then I saw how tiny the head was :)

Back