First 1/6 figure you saw

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Medicom RAH Boba and Jango Fett got me into 1/6 and then HT Bank Robber Joker started the obsession.

Going to go way back...

Somewhere around 1990, I remember seeing the 1/6th Billiken Nicholson Joker painted and on display at Golden Apple on Melrose in Los Angeles... and I was blown away. It haunted me. I bought it from the store once they were finished displaying it.

There were some amazing kits back in the early 1990s.

Back in the day . . .

I went to the local KB Toys in the mall on a Saturday evening and saw these.

I never looked back since then.

1625103587661.png

1625103601824.png

1625103694198.png

1625103746179.png

The first 1/6 figure I saw was the Kotobukiya Juggernaut. Bought it ...and then proceeded to buy the 1/6 Kotobukiya Hulk after that.

Ok, it's not a figure ...it's a statue. But that's how I got started with 1/6 scale.

Well, I did have a lot of Action Men who were 12" or so IIRC, but I'm not sure. I do distinctly remember someone giving me a big Spider-Man 2099 figure to play with. Checking the net, that was around 10" and it's an old ToyBiz figure. Funny thing, amongst the first Mnimates I bought was also a Spider-Man 2099. The first figures I saw on the 'net that I knew were distinctly high-end 1/6th stuff, were probably the early Hot Toys Iron Man & TDK stuff. It took a while for me to bite the bullet, and got myself a Big Chief 11th Doctor and later an HT SM3 SM. Sadly he had a broken ankle right out of the box and that put me off the hobby for a while. I have a feeling I'll need to buy a 2099 & hopefully a new and improved Raimi-Man at some point to close that chapter...

Movie magic, an Australian collectible store in Bendigo, I've been obsessed with evil dead since I was around 8 and at the age of maybe 10 I saw the sideshow army of darkness ash for sale there while we were going on a family trip for something, boom I've been hooked ever since especially evil dead figures This was maybe 2002 ?

Bank Robber Joker from The Dark Knight. A teenager at the time, it was the only thing I asked for as a Christmas gift that year.

I had several touchpoints over the years until I fully made it my main collecting focus.
In the mid 90s as a child I had a phase for a couple of years that I bought Action Man. I had quite a lot of them, including some vehicles, clothing and accessory sets.
After I transitioned from playing with my toys to displaying them, my next 12 inch was the Marmit Sandtrooper around 2004.
Around early 2006 I got the Sideshow Part VI Jason Voorhees for cheap at a comic shop.
Then at the end of 2006 I got the Sideshow SW ROTJ Luke and ROTS Anakin, at which point 12 inch became my main collecting focus.
In summer 2007 I then got my first Hot Toys, Aliens Hudson.

Pretty sure my first 1/6 figure was the Kenner C-3PO back in 78. As for more modern stuff, I think it was either the old Sideshow Nosferatu or Army of Darkness Ash that got the 1/6 ball rolling for me.

First "modern" 1/6 Figure I saw was the Hot Toys Joker. I was in awe but couldn'T underestand why it went for 300+$ It is just a toy right?!
But the realism had me and then it started

My first 1/6 figure was hot toys captain rex. I preordered him two years ago, because he is one of my favourite characters. I thought it would be cool to have my fave figure in 1/6 format. Two years later, finally rex arrived. But in the meanwhile I got over 30 other 1/6 star wars figures and a lot more on preorder... Oh captain my captain, thank you so much for this journey :-D

My first 1/6 figure was Sideshow’s first Part 3 Jason Voorhees. I got it around 2003/2004 and paid $34 for it brand new off eBay.

Been hooked ever since.

Cool tread. The first one I think I can remember would be Les Walker back in the day-06/07 searching for Indiana Jones stuff. It opened my life up and killed it at the same time. $$$.

HT Iron man mark 6 then IM2 black widow. Which led to a lot of iron men and war machine milk version which I still miss, I ended up selling every one to focus on statues...

Hot Toys Rambo M65 Jacket version.

The was a TV show in Canada on the Sci Fi chanel 2007 and they reviewed it.

I then entered the deep hole of 1:6 collecting-- an enjoyable but expensive ride.

the first figure i saw in hand (and bought) was the hot toys joker. the first one with the terrible sculpt. i didn’t reallly care about the sculpt because i was so excited to get it around the time the movie came out.

Back