FIREFLY V.2

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I jumped in this thread thinking it was a new Joss Whedon Firefly series!

Regardless of my dissapointment, figure looks AWESOME.

I was about to bump this as well. I've got that BDU set somewhere. Monkey Depot has 'em every once in a while. Time to start picking up some subloads and figuring out the details of making that backpack.

THIS is how Sideshow SHOULD have done Firefly.

dscf2388.jpg

With the SSC Firefly redesign, can you give a breakdown of what you used? Look like I'm bashing one too.

Right off the top of my head:

Head: is a Cobra Trooper, with the forehead and sides of the balaclava filled in and shaped with epoxie.

Body: Hot Toys True Type (Narrow Shoulder)

Boots: Cobra Trooper, with pieces of black vinyl wrapped around.

Hands: Cobra Trooper

Outfit: Uban Cammo uniform (Cant remember who makes them). It had light gray patches with "L" shapes in a darker gray, I just even it all out with fabric paint.

Sweater: grey Dragon sweater (Cant remember which one, but i remember having to darken it. It was too of light.)

Bandolier: is a modified harness from SS Snake Eyes ( The plastic hooks broke so I got another one). And a belt clip (Cant Remember fromn where)

Bandolier pouches I believe they are WWII dragon. They are plastic ones that come attched in 3. I just cut them.

Pant belt: is also a SS SE, Toy Anxiety had it for 1.00.

Other belt is from HT Dutch along with the knife you cant see it, but its on the back of the belt.

Pouches: from different figures (cant remeber excatly which ones).

Grenades: SS Lara Croft

Machine gun: Hot Toys Bank Robber Joker

Last edited:
Now THIS is FireFly, not the random guy SSC's going to release on Monday.

Outfit: Uban Cammo uniform (Cant remember who makes them). It had light gray patches with "L" shapes in a darker gray, I just even it all out with fabric paint.

BTW, I think you're talking about the USMC T-Bar Urban Camo. If so, the only company that made it is Dragon for their USCM MOUT Duane figure

Now THIS is FireFly, not the random guy SSC's going to release on Monday.

BTW, I think you're talking about the USMC T-Bar Urban Camo. If so, the only company that made it is Dragon for their USCM MOUT Duane figure

Ok, thanks. Now I know (pun intended).
Oh, and thanks for the comment.

:lecture

onethousandmasks has apparently made a better Firefly figure than Sideshow.

:duh

And cheaper. Great job!!! Awesome looking figure. I would buy this guy. Unfortunately everything SSC touches lately goes right down the tubes. Please lose the Promethues body. :banghead

Oh I know, it's just another one of those sore spots for me. Just not digging anything from SS lately.

Back