Figure of the Year 2016

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have to admit. The Donatello from NECA looks pretty damn good. Not that I'm changing my vote or anything. :lol

Batman don't need help, he is just amazing in hand, the turtle heads weren't lucky enough to snag him I guess. So they vote for a hunk of plastic donny

Batman don't need help, he is just amazing in hand, the turtle heads weren't lucky enough to snag him I guess. So they vote for a hunk of plastic donny

That's harsh to say the least! Donnie looks a beautiful figure and very good value. Batfleck is the best figure I own, it was an easy choice to vote for him.

I can only vote for figures I own or have at least seen in hand. May well have voted for Donnie if i'd got him, his limited release will stop him winning and rightly so.

That's harsh to say the least! Donnie looks a beautiful figure and very good value. Batfleck is the best figure I own, it was an easy choice to vote for him.

I can only vote for figures I own or have at least seen in hand. May well have voted for Donnie if i'd got him, his limited release will stop him winning and rightly so.

Well, to be fair, both were kinda limited. The Neca can still be ordered at Entertainment Earth (might not get it buuuuutt). Bats is gone everywhere.

That fight scene in the warehouse where Batman takes out 2-3 dozen bad guys is insane. My favorite combat sequence in any Batman film

Well, to be fair, both were kinda limited. The Neca can still be ordered at Entertainment Earth (might not get it buuuuutt). Bats is gone everywhere.

Bats sold out fast for sure but he was available to all or most markets. I got him from a UK retailer and and had worries about import tax and crazy shipping costs. Plenty of freaks in Europe and Asia were able to pick him up to. Donnie has only been made available to those based in America. Some have paid the obscene import and shipping costs but most of us haven't been able to get him...not yet anyway.

I'm still thinking of ways to get him but I'm sure as hell not paying $70 shipping from EE then import duty on top of that. If the figure is then damaged I'm stuffed, would have wasted nearly $200.

Bats sold out fast for sure but he was available to all or most markets. I got him from a UK retailer and and had worries about import tax and crazy shipping costs. Plenty of freaks in Europe and Asia were able to pick him up to. Donnie has only been made available to those based in America. Some have paid the obscene import and shipping costs but most of us haven't been able to get him...not yet anyway.

I'm still thinking of ways to get him but I'm sure as hell not paying $70 shipping from EE then import duty on top of that. If the figure is then damaged I'm stuffed, would have wasted nearly $200.

As a EU collector this kind of stuff pisses me off

Hot toys are amazing figures. But Neca ha been doing great figures for a great price.
694136e72ae73716c8e828e3f1baaf73.jpg
95fcc8af733e56b6bed8cab7f2f325d1.jpg

Oh I'm sorry, I wasn't even considering our international friends. I concede to your point.

Oh I'm sorry, I wasn't even considering our international friends. I concede to your point.

No worries :duff

I'd very likely have voted for Donatello had I been able to get him for £100. Sculpt wise its a match for HT Batfleck and far better value. I just impose the restriction on myself of only voting for figures I've had in hand.

As I understand things if we get a free trade deal with the USA like the one Australia negotiated, UK collectors wouldn't then have to pay import fees on these figures...but I could be wrong. It would be cool to be able order HT figures direct from Sideshow at the same price you guys pay. One potential upside of Brexit and an Anglophile President. :)

No worries :duff

I'd very likely have voted for Donatello had I been able to get him for £100. Sculpt wise its a match for HT Batfleck and far better value. I just impose the restriction on myself of only voting for figures I've had in hand.

As I understand things if we get a free trade deal with the USA like the one Australia negotiated, UK collectors wouldn't then have to pay import fees on these figures...but I could be wrong. It would be cool to be able order HT figures direct from Sideshow at the same price you guys pay. One potential upside of Brexit and an Anglophile President. :)

It doesn't work like that at all. Australia has no import tax on items worth under $1000, but that will all change on July 1 when that threshold gets slashed to $20. For the Neca TMNT figures the Australian distributor worked out a deal with the licensor, which clearly no European distributor did.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

It doesn't work like that at all. Australia has no import tax on items worth under $1000, but that will all change on July 1 when that threshold gets slashed to $20. For the Neca TMNT figures the Australian distributor worked out a deal with the licensor, which clearly no European distributor did.

So you'll soon have to pay import tax on figures from the States? :( That's the end of that dream then.

So you'll soon have to pay import tax on figures from the States? :( That's the end of that dream then.

Yes, on everything valued over $20. At least 10% GST, probably some other Duty tax as well, I'm not entirely sure how much overall.

Yes, on everything valued over $20. At least 10% GST, probably some other Duty tax as well, I'm not entirely sure how much overall.

Well that sucks, thanks for removing some of ignorance on the subject anyway.

Back