Fear The Walking Dead

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'd be willing to bet some of these odd choices are probably budget-driven. Giant zombie battle sequences are super expensive. Look at the mother-ship show. No matter how huge TWD has gotten in the ratings (or how much money it's earned AMC), they've always kept the production relatively low budget. Same for this one, I guess.

Though that doesn't explain why characters aren't panicking and screaming questions about what's happening in the rest of the country or panicking about the virus or panicking because they can't go to work or panicking because they're running out of money -- is money still a thing? -- or just panicking in general. Nobody seems to be all that panicky at this point. It's just not realistic. You can panic on a budget, AMC!

Also -- total side note -- it doesn't make any sense to me that in a city of 10 million people some guys in Humvees have been able to keep what surely must be a tsunami of zombies away from a chain link fence. And they're not even seeing anything from a distance except a flashing light in a window? Seems like the density of zombie incidents should be a lot higher because of the population. Production budget, I'm sure. But still.

Agreed on all points.:lecture
I also was looking forward to seeing a more apocalyptic break down of society. I thought that's why they chose to do this in L.A. of all places.

I would've loved to have seen a full-scale Battle of Los Angeles pitting armed citizens and the military against Walkers. But I'm guessing Kirkman and Erickson didn't want to detract from and overshadow the main show.

I mean, who really cares about Rick and the gang fighting against the Wolves and a few hundred of the undead when there's an epic, urban war?

Agreed on all points.:lecture
I also was looking forward to seeing a more apocalyptic break down of society. I thought that's why they chose to do this in L.A. of all places.

Exactly what I'm missing from this show. Do I like it sure... but it's definitely not what I wanted from it.

Though it looks like they somehow herded all the people in the stadium.

I agree they missed a great opportunity to show civilization breaking down by going from the downtown riot straight to Marshall law. I wanted to see how news and the media was covering the spread of the virus. No one watched anything on tv or looked at the Internet? I know the power was going in and out for a while, but what about radio? When I'm sitting through a hurricane or a snow storm or when power is out for days, I usually have the radio on all the time. Did they say anything about there being no communication with the outside world and I missed it?

Well, I've got to hand it to them. From a girl trying on clothes to a dude in a tux sharing a cage with an addict, FtWD is unlike any zombie show I've ever seen. :lol

Back