Favorite Iron Man Armours.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bebe13junior

Super Freak
Reaction score
Just wanted to do a fun post here. Wondering what fellow Iron Man collectors Favorite armours are! Doesn't necessarily have to be simply Favorite Iron Man figures, but this is a ranking of IM armours from the MCU. I'm not the biggest IM collector but love the character and love the designs. Leave a simple list or give reasoning behind your choices. GO!

My top 10 are:

1) MK III: original armour from the best movie and most reminds me of the comic book IM.

2) MK 43: my Favorite "new" armour. Complex, industrial design. Seems the most "realistic" of the armours.

3) MK 7: love the beefed up yet still aesthetic look.

4) StarBoost: reminds me of interstellar haha.

5) War Machine MK I: most reminds me of the comic WM. Like a grey tank.

6) War Machine MK II: love the trimmed down look. Still imposing.

7) Silver Centurion: love the shoulder guards, blades, helmet most.

8) MK42: same reasons as 43 plus I love the unique colour scheme having predominantly gold over the red.

9) MK II: the all silver and the nuts and bolts. Very cool. Plus the design of the MK III that j love.

10) Midas: for the same reasons as MK 7 but is all gold. Awesome.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh boy, this is a doozy so I'm going to limit myself to 3 initially. :lol

#1 - Mk 7 in any form :D

82edc3fc-e636-4e44-8d3a-6d7db4faf076_zps0x7rcv7h.jpg

#2 - Mk 2

153pgqo.jpg

#3 - Mk 5

Iron_Man_Mk_V.gif

Oh boy, this is a doozy so I'm going to limit myself to 3 initially. :lol

#1 - Mk 7 in any form :D

82edc3fc-e636-4e44-8d3a-6d7db4faf076_zps0x7rcv7h.jpg

#2 - Mk 2

153pgqo.jpg

#3 - Mk 5

Iron_Man_Mk_V.gif

Wow what is the far right MK7 variant. Looks like the Python but different?

I love this topic!

My top five are the following:

1) Mark 45. Quite fond of the organic look, the heavy emphasis on the red (as opposed to ones with more gold), and the hexagonal indent around the arc reactor.

2) Mark 43. I always thought the prehensile function of the Mark 42 was amazingly cool, and I appreciated that the Mark 43 was basically a repainted, perfected, heavily weaponized version of the Mark 42. Big fan of the more complex, industrial look too.

3) Mark 6. The triangle. The fight versus Thor. The premiere of the wrist lasers. ("I think you should lead with that next time.") Enough said.

4) Silver Centurion. Not only is the unibeam triangular (technically it's an irregular hexagon, with three short sides and three long sides, but minor details), but its entire torso is triangular. Who wants to guess my favorite geometric shape? :lol The hidden blades (very reminiscent of Assassin's Creed!) are badass.

5) Mark 7. Possibly the most heavily weaponized armor that we have seen on screen so far. It really proved itself during the Battle of New York, and to me it represented how far Tony had come and how much he had accomplished throughout Phase 1.

Honorable mentions:
Shotgun. Unique appearance and incredible (though fictional) top speed of Mach 5.
Nightclub. Unique color scheme of red and gold with black, those oddly cool fins around the shoulders that remind me of a popped collar, and the stealth function.

I love this topic!

My top five are the following:

1) Mark 45. Quite fond of the organic look, the heavy emphasis on the red (as opposed to ones with more gold), and the hexagonal indent around the arc reactor.

2) Mark 43. I always thought the prehensile function of the Mark 42 was amazingly cool, and I appreciated that the Mark 43 was basically a repainted, perfected, heavily weaponized version of the Mark 42. Big fan of the more complex, industrial look too.

3) Mark 6. The triangle. The fight versus Thor. The premiere of the wrist lasers. ("I think you should lead with that next time.") Enough said.

4) Silver Centurion. Not only is the unibeam triangular (technically it's an irregular hexagon, with three short sides and three long sides, but minor details), but its entire torso is triangular. Who wants to guess my favorite geometric shape? :lol The hidden blades (very reminiscent of Assassin's Creed!) are badass.

5) Mark 7. Possibly the most heavily weaponized armor that we have seen on screen so far. It really proved itself during the Battle of New York, and to me it represented how far Tony had come and how much he had accomplished throughout Phase 1.

Honorable mentions:
Shotgun. Unique appearance and incredible (though fictional) top speed of Mach 5.
Nightclub. Unique color scheme of red and gold with black, those oddly cool fins around the shoulders that remind me of a popped collar, and the stealth function.

Thank you brother. Awesome post!

1. All time favorite figure Iron Man Mark 1 (2.0)

2. Mark III Diecast (even though I don't have it...yet)

3. Mark VII Battle Damage (hoping Hot Toys does another BD IM soon with an extreme BD effect)

1. War Machine Mark I.

2. Mark XLVI, I really like the concept art and how it looks like the Bleeding Edge and with it being an Iron Man armor it's basically a confirmed figure already.

3. Mark VII

4. Mark XLIV "Hulkbuster"

5. Mark XXXIX "Starboost"

6. Mark XLV

7. Mark XXXIII "Silver Centurion"

8. Mark XXXVIII "Igor"

9. Mark XVII "Heartbreaker"

9. Mark XXXVII "Hammerhead," I hope they make this armor.

Just wanted to do a fun post here. Wondering what fellow Iron Man collectors Favorite armours are! Doesn't necessarily have to be simply Favorite Iron Man figures, but this is a ranking of IM armours from the MCU. I'm not the biggest IM collector but love the character and love the designs. Leave a simple list or give reasoning behind your choices. GO!

My top 10 are:

1) MK III: original armour from the best movie and most reminds me of the comic book IM.

2) MK 43: my Favorite "new" armour. Complex, industrial design. Seems the most "realistic" of the armours.

3) MK 7: love the beefed up yet still aesthetic look.

4) StarBoost: reminds me of interstellar haha.

5) War Machine MK I: most reminds me of the comic WM. Like a grey tank.

6) War Machine MK II: love the trimmed down look. Still imposing.

7) Silver Centurion: love the shoulder guards, blades, helmet most.

8) MK42: same reasons as 43 plus I love the unique colour scheme having predominantly gold over the red.

9) MK II: the all silver and the nuts and bolts. Very cool. Plus the design of the MK III that j love.

10) Midas: for the same reasons as MK 7 but is all gold. Awesome.

Excellent thread idea BTW :hi5:

May I suggest that posts should include information on when collectors began collecting?

I maybe wrong, but I see most new collectors listing their top figures to figures that have been recently released. Verses older collectors who list figures that were released years ago.

Mark III, VII and XLIII, not necessarily in that order... for pretty much the reasons others have said.

I'm just referring to the suits in the movies. Figures is a whole different list.
1: MK III. Classic red and gold, and I just like the structure of it.
2: MK II. Same, just in silver.
3: Starboost. Love the white and grey color scheme with the gold faceplate. The concept is awesome too.
4: MK I. TONY STARK WAS ABLE TO BUILD THIS IN A CAVE...WITH A BOX OF SCRAPS!
5: Hulkbuster. Just cuz...

The Mark 6 vs Thor is my favorite Iron Man scene to date closely followed by the 7 in the Battle of NY. Both armors were amazing in Avengers and their HT counterparts are equally impressive.

Even though the Mark 45 had arguably the most lackluster debut and battle scenes, I do believe it is the best looking HT Iron Man figure to date.

However, the 46 could easily take the cake as my favorite if it kicks *** in CW and looks anything like the concept art.

And just to put a 180 spin on the question, I think the Mark 5 is terrible, absolutely terrible. He was and should've continued to get beat down, but it's almost like the writers said halfway through their fight that "yeah, we're not too sure how to turn this fight around in a way that makes sense, let's just let Iron Man grab onto Ivan's whips and be totally impervious to the electricity now."

1. Mark 45 - coolest armor so far.
2. Hulkbuster - its freaking hulkbuster!!!
3. Mark 42 - cool concept and color scheme.
4. Mark 4/6 - traditional colors and designs.
5. Mark 7 - not really a fan of the shoulder pods, without it it looks great just like the mk4. I know its for heavy weaponary etc.

Started collecting in 2008-09. Had many IM armors (mk6, mk7, mk 7 bd, mk 4) but sold most and left with mk42 and the incoming HB and mk45. Also have workshop tony from im3.

1. All time favorite figure Iron Man Mark 1 (2.0)

2. Mark III Diecast (even though I don't have it...yet)

3. Mark VII Battle Damage (hoping Hot Toys does another BD IM soon with an extreme BD effect)

Definitely agree with the first choice. Mark I 2.0 is my fav all time figure. Followed by Mark II Unleashed, and then, even though I don't own it yet, Hulkbuster.

1. MkIII - It feels like the most classic. It was the "first" one in the films (not counting mk1 and and protype) and reminds most of the classic comic book version. I have the diecast version of this on pre-order, it's the first Iron man figure I have ever ordered.

2. Mk33 - "Silver Centurion" conjurers up too much comicbook nostalgia for me to resist. It is so much better than the Mk V which was also supposedly inspired by the Silver Centurion. The Mk33 is the second one of the two Iron man's I have ever ordered, it is in the mail on the way to me.

3. MkVI - I don't own this figure but will consider getting it if the re release in diecast. It is a more significant upgrade to the MkIII than the MkIV but still keeps the classic comic book feel, but with the triangle arc reactor which makes it different and reminds me of a later era in the comics.

4. War Machine, Mk1 if we are talking about the armor and Mk2 if we are talking about the figure. I prefer the bulkier tank like version of the character because it reminds me more of the comics, but the diecast Mk2 is so much better as a figure from actually looking like metal and the Rhodey head sculpt. I am really tempted to pick one up but I am wondering if there will be a Mk3 in Civil War I might like better or if they may do a diecast of the Mk1 down the road. I only want one War Machine and so I would like it to be of good quality and as definitive to me as possible in terms of what reminds me the most of the comics.

5. Mk VII - I also don't own this figure but I prefer some of the looks of the armor over others. This version has lots of different display options (which is nice). If I had this figure I would usually display him without the bulky shoulder parts where the missiles are. I like it better without that piece like in the end of the film. I also wouldn't often use the silver armor on his thighs where more missiles were and would just use the flatter gold piece instead. Finally I would remove the red panels on the rib cage to reveal more gold. I think this presents as a very classic looking Iron Man with significant differences from the early models. I like it that the armor can bulk up with missles and so forth but also can dress down for a more classic look. If I bought a figure they have already made for of this one I might chose the battle damaged version. It already features many of the options I like with the missiles already deployed and those pieces, as well as the rib panels, gone. I also prefer the in the helmet Stark head sculpt where you can just flip the face plate up and down over the helmet less smirking Tony sculpt of the standard version. A diecast re-release of this with an in the helmet stark head sculpt, and all the various armor options so it could be either armed to the teeth or stripped down and classic would be hard to resist.

Honorable mentions:
The MkI, how can you not love the very first armor as it does such a good job of interpreting the origin in the comics in a realistic way. For the right price I would pick this up in a hear beat. 2.0 version looks a lot better, but I would even take the 1.0 version and remove the head sculpt and display it as an empty armor museum piece.

The Stealth Armor based on the MkVII. I know it's not in the movies, but it just looks cool, and reminds me of his stealth armor in the comics.

Finally, the Civil War armor should be mentioned even though all we have seen are concept drawings. If it is a good interpretation of the Bleeding Edge armor in the comics it will be hard to resist; especially if it is portrayed on screen with much of the same comic functionality.

As far as figures go, I only have the MkIII diecast per-ordered and the Mk33 (in the mail). I also have the arc reactor creation Tony Stark without any armor on order. What I have now may be enough for me. But, if I expanded my collection it would not likely go past the 8 I have listed here. These are clearly my favorites.

Great topic.. I can't choose because I love em all! If I could only keep one figure it would be the mk vii. Like others has said, battle ready armor with multiple change out looks

My favorite armor is The Silver Centurion. I have it coming to me now and It was always my favorite look in the comics. The movie armors are all great but it's my favorite and I am a one and done as of now with Iron man but I do like looking at all the awesome designs. Really like the stealth look of the Mark VII

Back