FAMCON 1/6 Figure and Model Convention 2014 in Southern California-UPDATE

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: FAMCON 1/6 Figure and Model Convention May 25th & 26th in Southern California-UPD

It's all good. I have to say this was one show where the company outshined the reason for being there. And that's saying a lot considering the quality of the exhibits.

Well said!:hi5:

I'm glad you did shoot everyone Shorty! Now we have a nice body of work from the show. Feel the passion!:exactly:

Re: FAMCON 1/6 Figure and Model Convention May 25th & 26th in Southern California-UPD

Nice meeting you Gruff, that little taste of what we saw at the show makes me wonder how amazing your collection must be, you really had some amazing pieces!:clap

The feeling's mutual!!

...and I will be shooting more collection photos. My collection thread just moved from "Show Your Shelves" to the Customs main section. I put up shots of the figures that were in Nathan's display, and already dropped hints about what's coming.

Cool. Aside from what I've painted, I've never seen (probably most) of your collection. I'll have to keep my eye on that.

As you can see, I didn't get much of the figures that were at the show. :slap
Was enjoying the company of these wonderful people. :exactly:

Shorty was busy with the canera while no one was looking :lol

You got some great candid shots. Well... I was ready for one of them :wink1:

Okay Show pictures are up. It was a lot of fun seeing all the custom work and being able to ask questions and advice on customizing. Funny story, I left my raffle ticket at home after the first day but the guys at the show were nice enough to replace my ticket. Wouldn't you know it, my replacement ticket ended up winning a CalTek Medal of Honor figure in the raffle!

fam2013009.jpg

fam2013162.jpg

fam2013245.jpg

fam2013167.jpg

fam2013198.jpg

fam2013119.jpg

Full Gallery:
Link to all the pictures from the show

That's some great coverage man! Really awesome quality shots!

Anyone know who made that Donny Darko rabbit?

Hey Ya'll. What a blast, just got back from my road trip and can't thank Chris (and all others involved) with putting this together! Will definitely make the trip back again next year! :stick
Can't say much that hasn't already been said, and for those thinking of coming out next time, it is truly worth the trip!

Haha I thought so. That is cool. I wonder if they're all based on people he knows...

Hey, looks like there is a new subforum that has been created Events > Event Photos with a new thread for Famcon photos. Might want to post some there if you get the chance.

Hey Ya'll. What a blast, just got back from my road trip and can't thank Chris (and all others involved) with putting this together! Will definitely make the trip back again next year! :stick
Can't say much that hasn't already been said, and for those thinking of coming out next time, it is truly worth the trip!

It was a pleasure kicking it with you again too Ross! Your one of my favorite freaks bro! :1-1: See ya next show! :hi5:

To the guys who went to the show: does anyone know who the German guy was that sold the VC hats and Victorian top hats?

I bought one of those rice paddy hats, but lost it and I need another for a bash. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

thanks,

doug

To the guys who went to the show: does anyone know who the German guy was that sold the VC hats and Victorian top hats?

I bought one of those rice paddy hats, but lost it and I need another for a bash. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

thanks,

doug

Here you go Doug, they are from Netherlands.:wave

https://www.actionfiguren.com/

Just thought I'd throw up some pics (even though I didn't take that many). I didn't get any of friends, but this was the only thing I thought of at the time.

And here were a few things that caught my eye. Unfortunately not the greatest images.
Who could resist this face?

Nathan's step by step head painting.

Zebraten's bashes blew me away, simply gorgeous work Doug! Especially this little bit of history.

Thanks for posting those pics, Ross. It was a pleasure to meet and chat with you! You going to Comic-Con?

Haha I thought so. That is cool. I wonder if they're all based on people he knows...

Zombify your friends and family :yess:. That self portrait is awesome

Thanks, Chris!

Hey can you post a link to your site? I'm having a hard time digging it back up

I had no idea there was another thread for Famcon as I've been posting only in one of them. Anyways, reposting some of my pics here...
DSC_0153_zpsd22c7e2f.jpg

Denny & Se A were kind enough to autograph all my iminime pieces that I have for now. I'll always be a geeky fan no matter what! ;p

DSC_0166_zps79cc8f3c.jpg

DSC_0168_zps3fcc7405.jpg

IMG]https://i1112.photobucket.com/albums/k494/emarae1/DSC_0169_zpse2f9a2b4.jpg[/IMG]
DSC_0170_zpsa3863a46.jpg

DSC_0171_zps2f3fdab1.jpg

Back