EXO-6 Star Trek "Voyager" Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not reassured by the in-hand pics TBH. She still looks puffy. I guess that is what you guys mean by soft? Last week BBTS delivered Harry, Tom, Shran, and Locutus (oof - this was a tough week wallet-wise). She looks almost as puffy as Tom, so at least they'll match.

Based on those Michael Crawford pics, I would definitely place the B'Elanna sculpt on the better side.

The sculpt could have benefitted from a slight soft smirk or even a slightly raised eyebrow, which have helped capture the character well.

I'm glad they at least resisted the urge have her smiling like every other Voyager figure.

I've been a major antagonist regarding the VoySmirk in the other figures, so I fully accept the Hypocrite badge in this case, but for this one figure I just think a very subtle smirk would have sold me a little bit more on B'Elanna just to humanize her (or Klingonize her) just a touch. That might have taken down the mannequin feel I'm getting from the Crawford photos a decent measure.

Don't get me wrong, I think she's a fine effort and I think she'll look pretty great with the rest of the crew. Hoping I can do a little photographic magic to make her look a little more alive. 🤞

I think it looks pretty good in those newer photos, but the forehead ridges end too low IMO. They're supposed to go all the way to her hairline. (Even when they changed her forehead a bit, from four ridges to three, the little 'crest' in the center still reached her hair.) As usual, I won't be surprised if there's one ep where her ridges don't reach as high as usual, but even if there is you'd think it'd be better to match the "usual" look as opposed to an obscure one.)

But I do really think it she ain't bad. They even made sure that her left eye is a bit lower than the right, just like Roxann herself. :)

Always surprised to hear knocks on TMP Spock. He’s one of my favorites.

IMG_1914.jpeg

Alter Ego hasn’t shipped my Tom Paris yet. Not sure what the hold up is. Ordered on Friday and it’s already been charged to my card. I know they’re reliable though.

Alter Ego hasn’t shipped my Tom Paris yet. Not sure what the hold up is. Ordered on Friday and it’s already been charged to my card. I know they’re reliable though.

Should ship by tomorrow. For some reason it generally takes them about a week after they have your money to ship. I write it off to being a pretty small operation where all of the ordering process is automated by their website for the most part, but when it comes to actually shipping items, that gets done personally by the owner and his two or three minions.

Marc is a great guy and I’ve always cut him a lot of slack in this regard, but that was much easier to do when everything was tax free with free shipping. Ever since Sideshow cracked down on retailer affiliates, AE had no choice but to basically become no better than most everyone else in terms of pricing.

I still like to support them as a small business when I can, but it’s no longer a no-brained to go to them like it used to be. But you can count on them to come through. In my getting close to 15 or 20 years working with them I only had one order get cancelled when Sideshow (big surprise) only shipped them about half of their allocation of Hot Toys Grindelwald. Even then when they had to cancel that order, they let me keep the Reward Points. They really are good people to work with, but they unfortunately lost their pricing edge through no fault of their own.

AE and BBTS are my go-to guys but agreed, it's now a toss-up given AE's sales tax advantage is gone. Hard to beat BBTS' Pile of Loot feature which is like close-to-free double boxing.

I know what's bothering me about B'lanna - her cheeks are too full for the neutral expression they gave her. Especially the line between the upper lip and the cheek - she looks unnaturally Botoxed. Ironically, the fuller cheeks would've looked better if she was smirking but I think a pissed off look is more in character. Neutral is a bland compromise.

Touch up re-painting can help with the lower lip and the harsh hairline that emphasizes the helmet hair.

ETA - Sorry to nit-pick on B'Elanna. She was my favorite character back when I watched the show live. I loved Faces enough at the time to buy the single episode on tape. Now that I am (a lot) older and just finished bingeing the whole show after many, many years, I can see she was actually annoyingly pissed off much of the time. Still one of my favorites, though, LOL.

Last edited:
Yeah, I’ve ordered from Alter Ego before. In the past they’ve seemed faster but maybe they have a lot of orders to fulfill or something.

On another note Nanjin shared another picture of Neelix. Still not a fan..

IMG_2889.jpeg

Question for the group, when you order direct from EXO which has that $25 shipping fee, are you typically hit with any customs fees? My Archer and Locutus are arriving Friday from BBTS and the courier (Canada Post) is charging me $90, and that’s over and above the shipment cost from BBTS.

These shipping/duty fees are brutal.

Question for the group, when you order direct from EXO which has that $25 shipping fee, are you typically hit with any customs fees? My Archer and Locutus are arriving Friday from BBTS and the courier (Canada Post) is charging me $90, and that’s over and above the shipment cost from BBTS.

These shipping/duty fees are brutal.

Gotta love Canadian customs (not!)

So With Locutus at $245 USD, and Archer at $205 USD, that's $450 USD total value, which is around $616 CAD

Not sure where you are in Canada, but in BC it's 12% taxes, which clocks in at $74 CAD, plus $9.95 CAD fees for a "we've done bugger-all and are charging you for it" total of around $84 CAD, so I feel your pain!

Back