EXO-6 Star Trek "Voyager" Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I can live with the wires, since it means not having to worry about batteries being forgotten and damaging the thing. She and the alcove look awesome.

My Janeway arrived and she has blown me away… to everyone who has said the photos do not do her justice were understating it she looks fantastic!

Now the long wait for Sisko to join her!

I can live with the wires, since it means not having to worry about batteries being forgotten and damaging the thing. She and the alcove look awesome.
Dumb question but where do you connect the USB wires to then?
I usually photograph my figures on the kitchen table, but my laptop is in the living room. Do I need to drag it to the kitchen just to pull a cable to light up stuff?

I'm glad the TOS captain's chair had batteries. I only put them in for the picture taking and then take them out again.

As davejames mentioned, a wall adapter can take care of most of your wiring needs.

Here's a 7 port adapter but they make some with more and with less.

2f7b43ae-b884-45d4-a415-4a887f27b95b.0e94caa5e07babc0c20538507b3d2682.jpeg

If each captains chair, alcove, and whatever other accessory comes out all need usb, it will eventually create a rats nest of wires. I plan on putting my displays in detolfs, making hiding all those wires even more difficult. A cleaner solution would be to offer a battery compartment as well. My mother used to collect ceramic Christmas houses, each with a bulb inside and a corresponding wire. After 10 houses each with a wire it became a pain to manage, and an eyesore to look at. Eventually she just gave up on lighting them up. I hope that scenario can be avoided here by the prudent use of batteries

Last edited:
It is really easy for a collection to grow out of the limitations of the detolf. A cleaner solution is to find a more suitable display case.

Dumb question but where do you connect the USB wires to then?
I usually photograph my figures on the kitchen table, but my laptop is in the living room. Do I need to drag it to the kitchen just to pull a cable to light up stuff?

I'm glad the TOS captain's chair had batteries. I only put them in for the picture taking and then take them out again.
Good idea.
My original batteries and subsequent replacements leaked and fouled up the connectors.

Good idea.
My original batteries and subsequent replacements leaked and fouled up the connectors.

Sad to hear.

I recently bought the Art Asylum 6" Enterprise figures that came with bridge displays. Mint in package, and batteries already installed. Of course they're leaked too :(
And I doubt it will be any different with any other seller out there, as they are many years old.

My friend said she managed to clean it with alcohol but I haven't dared yet.

Sad to hear.

I recently bought the Art Asylum 6" Enterprise figures that came with bridge displays. Mint in package, and batteries already installed. Of course they're leaked too :(
And I doubt it will be any different with any other seller out there, as they are many years old.

My friend said she managed to clean it with alcohol but I haven't dared yet.
You might want to try using white vinegar, I had the same issue on a train set and it worked really well in removing the leakage.

I really doubt those Borg alcoves are going to fit in a detolf, at least not without raising up the glass panels first.

The Neca Clan Leader Bone Throne is 14 inches (roughly 36 cm) and it just fits inside with maybe 3 inches (?) of wiggle room from the tip of the top spike.
DSC01148.jpg

I'm thinking the Alcove might be 25 inches (63.5 cm) or taller in height. Transformers Generation 1/Encore 23 Fort Maximus is 22 inches (56 cm) with Transformers Titan Metroplex is 24 inches (61cm).

The alcove is an in Scale Replica, not a toy for easy storage. There are plenty of small scale Alcove toys that can fit anywhere but not this Alcove.

The power it consumes, it's functions also are not base on conventional toy design or usage. It also follow through with the description as Replica.

Not going to fit 6 AAs or 8 AAAs or 2 Ds to alter its Replica look. Basing on consumer survey, less than 25% of people will use rechargeable batteries on display items that hardly turn on.

The Alcove isn't a TOY. A correct expectation is essential. Can't say banana doesn't taste as sweet or as bitter as dark chocolate.

No one expect a 1/6 batmobile would fit into a conventional living room display cabinet, then why expect a 1/6 Alcove would fit?

Last edited:
Got my EMH and Janeway today from BBTS. Both look better to me in hand for sure. As had been mentioned before, Janeway’s wrist pegs are the stiffest I’ve ever encountered in sixth scale. Gave up trying to pose her with hands on hips or her coffee for the time being, just museum pose it is for now. Also, I must be super unlucky because my EMH has paint rub on the nose just like my Picard had. The little baggie over the head even had a visible hole rubbed through it where the nose was pressing against the clam tray. I really hope this is not going to be an ongoing issue with every other figure I get from EXO-6. Probably going to try BBTS for a replacement but they only do full figure replacements so I kinda worry it will be as bad or worse.

Back