EXO-6 Star Trek "Voyager" Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OMG, just spent the last four hours working on lighting, shadow, and the most likeness flattering angle for Tom. Must have taken at least 50 test shorts before I zeroed in on what worked best for me.

As usual, these figures look SO much better in hand, but my struggle was getting that look on camera. I would look at Tom in front of me and think, yep, he looks pretty darn good, but my quick natural light photos on my front room table (even when trying to match my viewing angle) were still trash every time.

Then, after moving to the light box and working another two and a half hours, I think I finally got where I was trying to go. Let me know what you think! I’m pretty happy!

IMG4175.jpeg

IMG4174.jpeg

Last edited:
Very good attempt to bring out the best of the figure!

I think the sculpt on the eyes is doing the most damage to this likeness, especially the upper eyelids.

You can just have him always wear his Captain Proton (Rocketman/Commando Cody) helmet on the bridge.:lol
7x43qg.gif

Though unfortunately he only ever wore the goggles. :doh LOL!

Last edited:
For me, it is a case of where I know who the figure is supposed to be but it isn't easily recognizable. Unsure if it is the sculpt or the paint apps that are not bringing it out. I'll know for sure in just a few days.

Yeah I was one of the few who thought the likeness was pretty strong on the proto... but with this final paintup I'm not seeing it at all. Kinda reminds me of one of those old GI Joe figures with the generic soldier face.
This is how I feel about it as well, if I didn’t know who it was supposed to be I would never guess it’s Robert Duncan McNeill.

Last edited:
I just think that he is difficult to capture in 1/6 scale.

I'm sure that this photo was used as a reference for the sculpt and when seen side by side with the figure's head sculpt, you can definitely see that it works:

TP 3.jpg
TP 2.jpg

Ironically enough, while a number of people have had issues with some of the other sculpt's "smiles", if there was one character that most likely would benefit from a smile would be Tom Paris. Perhaps a slight grin would have helped.
TP 1.jpg

Also, his eyes should be light blue and in all of the photos posted, both by EXO-6 and collectors, the blue just doesn't come across well enough. That may well be one aspect that helps the figure, when seen in-hand.

Yeah, if pressed, I think I'd have to give this release a pretty medium level C grade. The things EXO does well are on full display (uniform accuracy/tailoring/accessory detail, etc.). And while it's a fairly unremarkable sculpt, there will be no question at all who this is posed up with Harry and the rest of the Voyager crew. Had they sent me a production sample of the final figure ahead of the preorder, I'd have still ordered him because Voyager (and just about all of Trek) is about the ensemble.

They were making good strides with their paintups, but this one seems like a step back to what we got with Janeway.

I don't believe Tom is a step all the way back to Janeway. When you look at the group shot dblaze just posted, she is still clearly the soft paint app queen (it's kinda like the Borg Queen, but far more horrifying) but there is just no denying that that Janeway sculpt is all Katie M through and through. Tom's paint up is superior to hers, but its apparently just really tough to capture RDM. As someone implied earlier, if you took the Paris sculpt out of that uniform and asked even a Star Trek fan to identify him out of context....well, good luck.

All that said, I maintain that even with its drawbacks, it could not be any more clear who that is when he's posed in the group. It OBVIOUSLY Nicholas Locarno!

Back