EXO-6 Star Trek "Voyager" Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I stopped collecting the Voyager crew at Chakotay because he’s my favourite. I shouldn’t have gotten Janeway and the Doctor, much less derpy Tuvok.

Paris is very poor for the price.

Tom and Harry, finally reunited!

P1037124.jpg

Hmmmm…..first fully clear shot we had of Torres, and this is the first time I’ve been less that thrilled with how she’s looking. She looks kinda soft, and the hair doesn’t look nearly as good in this photo as others we’ve seen.

Neelix looks better here, though. Just wish they had gone with his more iconic tunic/robes….

IMG_4286.jpeg

Yeah I think the basic likeness is there, but it does appear incredibly soft and lacking in detail like Paris and Janeway. And I wouldn't be surprised if they were sculpted by the same person.

This line has been a bit of a disappointment when you compare them to their other products such as Mirror Sulu, TNG Data, Quark, etc. They can obviously do better. The pendulum swings both ways I guess, the value for money is questionable on some of these VOY figures.

Taking a second look at B’Elanna in the photo above, this may simply be an early-ish proto that they neglected to blur by mistake. You can see her hands aren’t even painted, so this might not indicate what we’ll be getting when she ships.

Hmmmm…..first fully clear shot we had of Torres, and this is the first time I’ve been less that thrilled with how she’s looking. She looks kinda soft, and the hair doesn’t look nearly as good in this photo as others we’ve seen.

Neelix looks better here, though. Just wish they had gone with his more iconic tunic/robes….

View attachment 660884
Those look horrific man come on be honest. I know everyone's standards are destroyed by Kim and Paris but we can't deny the reality here. Even nanjin himself thinks neelix is bad. Torres looks worse, I've seen hasbro figures with better likeness and more paint.

I think it’s just the odd open month smile that is off putting for Neelix, the sculpt and paint apps look decent though there does appear to be some sort of seam line between his jawline and facial hair.

I think it’s just the odd open month smile that is off putting for Neelix, the sculpt and paint apps look decent though there does appear to be some sort of seam line between his jawline and facial hair.
I dunno. To me, the Neelix expression looks like he just realized he stepped in dog poo. But I actually like the sculpt detail and paint. The Belanna paint looks like it's lacking something. Especially the hair and hairline.

I dunno. To me, the Neelix expression looks like he just realized he stepped in dog poo. But I actually like the sculpt detail and paint. The Belanna paint looks like it's lacking something. Especially the hair and hairline.
That analogy is gold.

1694106503329.gif

Last edited:
In that photo, those two look like really early prototypes. Even Neelix's beard is separated from his face.

B'Elanna doesn't look good. It appears that the paint apps are a work in progress on her, just to get an idea of how to move forward.

I truly hope that is the case with both. I don't want another Tom Paris incident which unfortunately is the first EXO-6 figure that I'm truly disappointed with.

I hate to just come in to post negative stuff, but as an old supporter of Nanjin in his Star Trek endeavours, I must say that the more figures from Exo 6 I see, the more disappointed I am.
Maybe it's that they really don't photograph well, but I've yet to see one that really wows me, or that lives up to the "museum quality" slogan.
When the QMX ones started to come out (I bought the entire TOS line-up), they really were very close to HT standards, and in some things were even better. But for the life of me, I can't see any progress having been made in the years since. All I can see is squished head sculpts, poor paint apps, bulky clothes and plastic boots.

Maybe I'm being too negative, but I keep coming back to these threads to see some beloved character and I'm usually slightly disappointed.

Eh I understand the disappointment with Exo-6, but the only good QMX figures in my book were Kirk and Khan. The rest had those overly lumpy and exaggerated sculpts that were always a pain to light. Not to mention the terrible body proportions on Spock and McCoy.

So far I'm a lot happier with Exo-6's output, even if it's not quite as consistent as I'd like.

Back