EXO-6 Star Trek "Mirror, Mirror" Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ordered. My only concern is when we eventually get a mirror Kirk, how will the arms be done? Joints are unsightly and seamless doesn’t last.

I'm not as bothered by visible elbow joints, but seamless probably would be preferable. Especially since most of us aren't putting these figures in dynamic action poses anyway.

I'd vote for something like Hot Toys did with Infinity War Thor? Two sets of interchangable arms, one seamless, one not. Both options available!

I'm not as bothered by visible elbow joints, but seamless probably would be preferable. Especially since most of us aren't putting these figures in dynamic action poses anyway.
Agreed. Kirk won't be in a Spiderman pose, for sure! :lol

To me, it just makes a big difference to me, now. A great figure with a great head sculpt outfit, accessories, etc., can be a disappointment on display with ugly joints, particularly the elbows and/or knees, showing. If the joints are not as obvious, it may work but usually, I'll go the seamless route with an upgraded body, if needed. I just prefer not having to spend more, right off the bat.

While I like the look of seamless bodies, considering how many styles of them there are (and aren't) and the body style of most ST males isn't alpha warrior beast, i would expect the body development costs for a new silicon body might be prohibitive. Having said that, i did just see a new body that was seamless arms and regular jointed legs, but it was almost as expensive. But there are some nice jointed ones - it depends on how the figure is posed. Obviously MKirk would look way better in seamless, but i'm not sure there's a good body out there that would be swapable in re body type. At the very least, EXO is going to have to go with a body with a neck, obvs. and take the neck off the sculpt. for wraparound Kirk or MKirk. But i'd just assume full silicon body is going to be a customization rather than something a little company can pursue. Happy to be proven wrong, but just gonna assume that isn't going to happen.

Yeah I don't see any of the current seamless male bodies working for a TOS Kirk, as even the leaner ones are still super ripped. I'd gladly take a jointed body that was close to Shatner's body type over any of those.

Same here! Huge TOS fan and Mirror Mirror is one of my favorite episodes. Figure looks amazing in proto. Fingers crossed it looks close to this at release

Huh, I've watched this episode countless times and somehow never noticed that the Mirror crew kept their phasers flipped around on the other hip like that.

Kinda seems a bit less efficient that way...

View attachment 548721
wearing a sidearm like this is for a cross-draw; some gunfighters preferred to do so. Maybe that's the norm in the Terran Empire...
Anyway, I pulled the trigger through Sideshow with no problems(I love Flex-pay)...

It will be interesting to see how Mirror Kirk is handled. I would agree that he would look better with a seamless body, but obviously seamless bodies have issues.

If swappable arms would be possible that would be a good option. Not sure if that’s going to be too cost prohibitive for EXO-6 to provide though.

Kirk, Spock, Uhura and Marlena are the ones I'm most interested in from TOS. Can't say I have any need for a Scotty or McCoy.

In fact I would actually take a Mirror Sulu over those two since he had such a unique look with the red shirt and giant scar on his face.

Kirk, Spock, Uhura and Marlena are the ones I'm most interested in from TOS. Can't say I have any need for a Scotty or McCoy.

In fact I would actually take a Mirror Sulu over those two since he had such a unique look with the red shirt and giant scar on his face.
Agreed. Although Scotty and McCoy are not as unique looking, I would get them as well, in order to complete the set.

That "Mirror, Mirror" crew would look fantastic opposite the regular TOS crew figures. Line them up in a "mirrored-like" display, as in a "V". One side of the "V" would be the TOS crew, the other side, MM.

Of course it always feels a bit to me weird calling them Mirror Kirk or Mirror Uhura, when it's actually just regular Kirk and regular Uhura wearing the mirror outfits. But obviously it's a lot catchier the other way. :D
Mirror versions were also in the episode—just in regular uniforms and yelling their heads off. So the figure could be the actual mirror characters in their proper uniforms. That also gives some additional leeway on expressions.
Marlena would be great with both uniforms. Would also be nice to have a standard science blue female uniform, since Nurse Chapel's has a blue collar and different cut.

Back