EXO-6 Star Trek "General Discussion" 1/6 Line

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Where are you seeing Janeway, Mirror Spock, and Shran available? They aren't on Exo-6 or Sideshow as in stock.

Try finding a Locutus, Quark, FC Picard, FC Data. Those did sell out quickly. Janeway initially sold out in hours. Exo was very surprised by that and Nanjin shifted the schedule about to make room to produce more of her.

Not every figure sells like that of course. Quality, and popularity affects that, but to tell people to just wait, they will be available at retail later is a little misleading.

Have you checked timewalker toys ?

Have you checked timewalker toys ?
Who? Never heard of them.

Do they have Admiral Kirk, Locutus, Quark, FC Picard? Any of the other long sold out figures from Exo6?

Your advice of "just wait" doesn't hold water, especially if the figure is a popular one that is well made.

You can get many of the recent EXO 6 figures at near MSRP on the exo6 chat boards on Facebook

Timewalker is an excellent source of ordering in North America- Steve is great- he send updates of upcoming releases-/ and has several seasonal sales

I still recommend Collectorzown to people. Their prices show higher but it’s because they add everything in right away. There are discounts frequently and I almost always get figures cheaper there than anywhere else.

There was a code for the recent Hot Toys Hera where it made the figure $260 and change shipped. That’s the normal price of the figure other places before shipping and taxes.

The only reason some people may not like them is that to get the discount you pay in full right away but I’ve pre-ordered multiple figures there (EXO-6, Hot Toys, etc.) and have never had a problem.

You can get many of the recent EXO 6 figures at near MSRP on the exo6 chat boards on Facebook

Timewalker is an excellent source of ordering in North America- Steve is great- he send updates of upcoming releases-/ and has several seasonal sales
I'm sure they are, I've just never heard of them. And the sources I use had most of the figures he listed as Sold Out or Waitlisted.

Locutus and Quark are going to be hard to find at retail. But more importantly the older figures you won't find at retail at retailers. Which is counter to his advice of just wait, you can find them later in stock at retailers. FB chat boards are not retailers.

I understand that some figures will always be found somewhere around or under retail. Kim, Paris, many of the second tier characters, but fan favorites like Quark, or well done figures like FC Data and Locutus, you won't find those. Of the upcoming figures, Kruge, TNG Data, and Savik, IMO fit in that catergory. If you wait on those you'll be paying a premium.

More threats on TOS Kirk

Ours look as good (of course not exact 😅) but good enough.

As of now, we still do not have enough working capital to produce Kirk's and Uhura's bodies. We need to sell more figures in order to start.

No right bodies no figures, the simplest and foremost consideration for any figures production

Bodies are the MOST IMPORTANT, and the MOST EXPENSIVE or least expensive for volume dictates everything.

Ex: people used their base body to make 500,000 bodies. Factored out to $8 each. We only have a few thousands. It costs us $20-25.

BTW, if I don't have Kirk and Uhura's bodies, I won't make TOS. I don't compromise like the previous company did.

I understand that the bodies are important but regarding Kirk especially- how hard is it? Is that just an excuse as to why we’re not getting it earlier?

I can maybe see more with Uhura as I’m not sure how many black female bodies are out there for figures.

It just seems weird about Kirk needing a unique body though. There are so many male bodies to choose from.

Also I understand it was ten years between the end of TOS and TMP but we have an EXO-6 Kirk. Was his body type that different, and if not is the figure’s body not accurate?

At most he may have gained some weight during the TMP timeframe. Not like his height would have changed.

All I can think of is because he’s set on doing the dress uniform that the v-neck will show some of his chest. Still though it shouldn’t require a full new body.

It just seems weird about Kirk needing a unique body though. There are so many male bodies to choose from.

Also I understand it was ten years between the end of TOS and TMP but we have an EXO-6 Kirk. Was his body type that different, and if not is the figure’s body not accurate?

At most he may have gained some weight during the TMP timeframe. Not like his height would have changed.

All I can think of is because he’s set on doing the dress uniform that the v-neck will show some of his chest. Still though it shouldn’t require a full new body.

I hear you my friend :exactly:

TOS tops were extremely form-fitting, which is probably why this needs a different body from the TMP version. If the physique is going to show through the uniform, he presumably wants it too look right.

Could this be down to the Mirror versions having bare arms and torsos? Still makes me think the alternate uniforms will be Mirror ones.

Hopefully TWOK will bank roll these.

More threats on TOS Kirk
That's actually quite disturbing. I hope he was only drunk posting, because if that's true, it's giving me SERIOUS pause to buying ANYTHING else. TOS and stuff like the Romulans he teased the other day are what I've been waiting on. If it doesn't happen, I'd consider selling what I've bought so far and moving on

His post is blowing up. 50+ comments so far. Here are some highlights

why not just charge more for Kirk and Uhura?

Nanjin Tam: and destroy the entire line? (No one will want to buy a 350 Kirk or 400 Uhura. Then we have to shut down

Is this applicable to Admiral Kirk from TWOK? If not, I’d be curious to hear how the bodies are different. Is it because the V neck is more revealing?

Nanjin Tam: No. Admiral Kirk has uniforms. Our Prime body is for this purpose (multiple layers of outfit) Body shape of Kirk. TMP and TWOK, Kirk figures have multi layers of outfits.

So long as the paint application(s) is lifelike/spot-on, then a premium price I then could see!

Nanjin Tam: I think you belong to the Experts Forum. May be you should stick with the Experts.

I don’t understand why they don’t just cost a little more than usual. Even $25 more they’re still way less than Hot Toys, and TOS are certainly the characters fans will pay most for

Nanjin Tam: most high end Trek collectibles couldn't survive because similar reasons. Making 1/6 Trek isn't a norm. Producers knew this, this is why no one would do it. Even QMx had to stop their entire 1/6 because of the reasons. Why do you think no one want Trek? Why QMx 1/6 went downhill once they reached Scotty?

If it’s that dire, dump the wraparound and do the standard uniform for Kirk. People would understand.

Nanjin Tam: We only have one chance to make TOS. Doubt anyone will ever do it again. Either we do it right or don't do it.

I’m sure you’ll find a way to make it work. The idea of a museum grade line of 1:6 Trek figures without a crowning jewel TOS subset is like a cake without icing.

Nanjin Tam: You can only trust me. You have no choice.

Start pumping out TNG and DS9 at the frequency VOY was released (but with greater care which they appear to be doing on the sculpts we’ve seen) and you’ll sell more figures. I passed on VOY entirely and have been waiting on the others, I’m sure many have.

Maybe this suggests a change in strategy and speaks to why they should be rotating releases between lines more frequently vs. going all in on one, you’d have a steady flow of interest (cash flow) from every collector type.

What happened to FC, Mirror, etc? That’s lost opportunity for revenue from those who bought into those lines as well.

Last edited:
All I can say to this...

kirk-facepalm.jpg

Back