EXO-6 Star Trek "General Discussion" 1/6 Line

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
waiting ...
tumblr_opark7NVrW1sy82uyo7_500.jpg

First Contact day is just a greeting [emoji28]

The main course comes after FC Day.

Sent from my SM-N9750 using Tapatalk

Still waiting to complete TOS bridge crew. They obviously have a strategy, I hope it works out long term for them (and myself!)

Still waiting to complete TOS bridge crew. They obviously have a strategy, I hope it works out long term for them (and myself!)

You mean, you hope enough people buy these early boring figures so that Nanjin remains in business long enough to start making the good stuff? :lol

The options for this line are so vast, what with multiple series and films, characters and their uniform variations, that I'm beginning to think all I want are the extra TOS crew and a TWOK set.

I'm not really 'feeling' Star Trek like I used to, even though the QMx figures I have make a great display. I think that First Contact Data killed my enthusiasm from the get go. Now I'm just waiting to see if there's going to be anything to drag me back in.

This is probably why Trek fails in 1/6. It's had no long term lasting production. Every company is jumping back in and starting over, and having to pick from that vast range of characters and uniforms. I recall Nanjin saying something on the lines of Trek vs. Trek.

Wasn?t QMX the first company to do Star Trek sixth scale figures? I think with them the line died because they seemingly abandoned sixth scale figures all together. EXO-6 I feel will go as long as they can if the line is financially viable.

Also I asked EXO-6 on their post and it sounds like the figure does include the vest option. :yess:

Wasn?t QMX the first company to do Star Trek sixth scale figures? I think with them the line died because they seemingly abandoned sixth scale figures all together. EXO-6 I feel will go as long as they can if the line is financially viable.

Also I asked EXO-6 on their post and it sounds like the figure does include the vest option. :yess:

The difference is QMx are first and foremost a business compared with Nanjin who is not only wanting to bring us an amazing product as a business owner but also as a passionate fan.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The difference is QMx are first and foremost a business compared with Nanjin who is not only wanting to bring us an amazing product as a business owner but also as a passionate fan.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That too. I do realize that, but in general I think QMX is done with sixth scale. I think their last figure was The Nun, and that was only finished because it had been in development for a while.

The options for this line are so vast, what with multiple series and films, characters and their uniform variations,

This is probably why Trek fails in 1/6.

It does seem like a nightmare to figure out which are the best outfits for a set of characters and from which film/series. Too many options. Too much to cover... which creates too long wait times for those without the most common popular taste.

Which outfit is Picard prime? But which is your favorite suit? But then you need Locutus. And how many Picards can you have on your shelf? Now, let's move on to Kirk...

It does seem like a nightmare to figure out which are the best outfits for a set of characters and from which film/series. Too many options. Too much to cover... which creates too long wait times for those without the most common popular taste.

Which outfit is Picard prime? But which is your favorite suit? But then you need Locutus. And how many Picards can you have on your shelf? Now, let's move on to Kirk...

That's why I feel like ditching everything apart from the TOS and TOS films.

When I recently re-watched all the Trek films (not the Kelvin ones), I found myself much more engaged with the original crew.

Collecting Trek is collecting crews, so each crew has to match with the right uniforms for the right time period. If a line is going to jump in and out you never know whether you'll ever have your 'first choice' crew - as with QMx dropping out before Uhura and Chekov, and even dropping their production so a lot of people missed out on Scotty and Sulu as well.

I know which uniforms I prefer, so it could be a matter of just picking up TNG crew as and when they go up for pre-order in their preferred uniform. I never wanted to amass multiples of the same character, as this is Star Trek not Star Wars, and the two lend themselves to quite different collecting habits in my mind.

Back