EXO-6 Star Trek "General Discussion" 1/6 Line

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh man poor Walter. Imagine his face when they showed him that.

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

Oh man poor Walter. Imagine his face when they showed him that.

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

Director: Walter, great news we have your new uniform for the next movie designed..
7-PinkBoy.jpg

Walter:
wtf-memes-17-1 (2).jpg

I used to prefer Kirk in that admiral outfit but now I think I'd rather his captain's getup - more appropriate. (Of course, I wouldn't say no to both!)

35086202_2.jpg

Oh yes.

Yeah I prefer the Admiral uniform stylistically but collectively Kirk will look better with a grey Captain's uniform.

I think some classic villains would be cool too, albeit the crew are more important.

I'd actually buy a Star Trek III/IV casual attire Kirk.

Poor Chekov. I'm pretty sure the costume designer didn't like him.

I meant that the colours were big and bold at a time when most of the potential viewers would've owned a black and white television. It would be a matter of distinguishing shades, and knowing how they should look from colour photographs.

When all viewers have access to colour (if they're physically able to perceive colours, of course), the choices can be more subtle.

When Star Trek came to the big screen in colour the uniforms were more pastel and less striking. The service branch is just a tiny colour behind the badge, rather than a whole shirt as in TOS.

trek-motion-picture-cast.jpg

Then from Wrath of Khan onwards, while the uniforms become more vibrant, some of the branch colours are quite similar. In black and white Command, Science and Communications would likely be hard to distinguish.

Avoiding the word "g*y" I'd rather say that the costumes look kind of feminine to me, yes I am talking about the men's uniforms. The bald girl's "tunic" is good enough for me.

Avoiding the word "g*y" I'd rather say that the costumes look kind of feminine to me, yes I am talking about the men's uniforms. The bald girl's "tunic" is good enough for me.

You can be a straight man who finds Kirk strangely attractive in a tight uniform. It's not uncommon.

To be honest as a kid I found TMP uniforms to be silly and thought they looked like PJs and the “belt buckle” looked almost like a built in fanny pack. I my defense I was introduced 1st to TWOK followed by III and IV and then TOS before I saw TMP so those uniforms did not fit for me. I might have had a different opinion if I had seen TMP first. Today they are still probably at the bottom of my list but I would probably still buy Kirk, Spock and McCoy if the figures have great likeness and the are a good price. A display of the main three in TOS, TMP and the movie reds would look nice. I would love to eventually have them in their Voyage Home look too. That’s probably higher on my list than TMP uniforms.

TMP aesthetic is 70s sci-fi all the way. You can almost hear the Bee Gees in the background. But I like the look, especially Kirk's Admiral uniform and the short-sleeved crew variants. They look comfortable and like something a hardworking space Naval officer could be happy working in. The TWOK uniforms are cool, but in a real-world setting -- they would be absolutely miserable to be squeezed into day in, day out. To quote Dr. McCoy: "I feel like my neck is in a sling." But yeah... Nanjin: bring on the TMP, the TWOK, the TOS variants, etc. We love 'em all.

About TMP, was it just medical that got the disco collars with the plunging neckline?

About TMP, was it just medical that got the disco collars with the plunging neckline?

Yeah medical was the only department who got the Saturday Night Fever collars, with McCoy going full tilt with revealing chest hair and a huge metal medallion on gold chain around his neck. He was ready to Boogie. Catch you on the Flip-Side!

Yeah medical was the only department who got the Saturday Night Fever collars, with McCoy going full tilt with revealing chest hair and a huge metal medallion on gold chain around his neck. He was ready to Boogie. Catch you on the Flip-Side!

DiFalco was ops and also had a collar.

:lol:rotfl:lol

Solid!

DiFalco was ops and also had a collar.

You're right. I stand corrected. I don't think there will be many collectors interested in the big collar variants. I'd be happy with just a TMP Admiral Kirk and Spock. Just a nod to that movie to have a complete line from all iterations of Trek in sixth scale.

Re: EXO-6 "Star Trek" 1/6 Line

You're right. I stand corrected. I don't think there will be many collectors interested in the big collar variants. I'd be happy with just a TMP Admiral Kirk and Spock. Just a nod to that movie to have a complete line from all iterations of Trek in sixth scale.

A bare bone release that anyone can afford. Just to pay tribute to the 1st Rebirth of Trek.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

DSC_0721.jpg

I think it is true TMP uniforms except maybe Kirk, Spock and Ilia, would not be huge sellers. I am content to make my own.

My base Andorian body has arrived. Thinking of getting a red jumpsuit for a STIII style security guard. Waiting for Mantis head now.

Id'd be no big deal to do a custom Ilia (just reduce the b**bs)...
Good luck Pauln6a, and share the result!

Back